• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#5 Philadelphia Flyers vs. #4 Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

It's funny how Engelland was tossed from the game for being an enforcer.

I don't remember him doing anything no one else did. Yet he got tossed.

Stupid NHL trying to eliminate fighting and scrums at the end of games. :ranting:

Hopefully you didn't see how Rinaldo got tossed. Finished his check on Kennedy. Ejected.

I believe Engelland was the 3rd man in and that was why he was tossed like Dubinsky was in the Rangers/Sens gane,

3rd man into what?

There was a huge scrum, and he skated into it like everyone else. I don't remember him punching anyone or doing anything no one else was doing.

Can you imagine Jody Shelley watching this game? He's begging Laviolette for a spot in the game 4 lineup :P

Is MacIntyre still in the Pens system?

If so, he should be called up. They're not going to win the series, so they may as well make a mess of it.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Is MacIntyre still in the Pens system?

If so, he should be called up. They're not going to win the series, so they may as well make a mess of it.

Yeah, he's in WBS. I'd like to see it, but its beyond unlikely, unless it is announced that Shelley gets a spot in the game 4 lineup.

Now that I think about it, Asham might get suspended for that crosscheck to Schenn. Still unlikely, because Vitale will likely take his place, but ya never know.

Watching that makes me oh so glad that Cindy Lee is not a Red Wing. I never wished harm on someone, but damn the NHL was much better WITHOUT Crysby. Would someone just end his career already?

I'm sure someone will do it sooner or later.

Also, the blame lays at the refs feet for this game. Neal should have been giving 5 minutes and a match after the hit on Courtourier. Instead, he stays out there and almost decapitates Giroux on the next shift. Absolutely disgusting show by the officials. The league should be ashamed.

3rd man into what?

There was a huge scrum, and he skated into it like everyone else. I don't remember him punching anyone or doing anything no one else was doing.

He was the 3rd man in because Crosby started it by punching someone and then of course if anyone would have punched him they would have been suspended for an unreasonable amount of games.

Crobsy started a couple of different things and the only time he got a penalty was when he jumped in on someone before play started again. I think all of that could have been avoided had the officials made the correct call on Neal for the first hit.

I'm sure someone will do it sooner or later.

Also, the blame lays at the refs feet for this game. Neal should have been giving 5 minutes and a match after the hit on Courtourier. Instead, he stays out there and almost decapitates Giroux on the next shift. Absolutely disgusting show by the officials. The league should be ashamed.

The officiating has been a joke this season, and it's being reflected in how many of these games are getting out of control.

The officiating has been a joke this season, and it's being reflected in how many of these games are getting out of control.

And no one can say that, unless they want to be $20,000 poorer. The league would rather fine those who tell the truth rather than fix the problem. The officials all call games differently, penalties change from period to period, and the supplemental discipline is an absolute joke. The players all know this, which is why on-ice retaliation has been on the rise, especially in these playoffs.

Edited by Dirty Dangle

I just saw the Crosby post-game interview, how embarrassing.

"I don't like anyone on that team."

"what was i supposed to do? Hand him his glove?"

It sounded like a ten year old. This is the face of the NHL and the captain of his squad? That dude pretty much solidified everyone's notion that he is indeed a little *****. Though I don't wish anything long term on the guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get his ass kicked pretty good a couple times.

he is indeed a little *****. Though I don't wish anything long term on the guy

And I ask WHY NOT?

You reap what you sow and hes throwing a few hand full's of get your ass handed to you seeds.

I dont think hes gonna have much of his over inflated head left after next game and thats the way I would like to see it with him.

This is the guy that says that hes not gonna get into any scrums or situations that can get him concussed again and there he is stirring up all types of s***.

Its not if, its when.

I just saw the Crosby post-game interview, how embarrassing.

"I don't like anyone on that team."

"what was i supposed to do? Hand him his glove?"

It sounded like a ten year old. This is the face of the NHL and the captain of his squad? That dude pretty much solidified everyone's notion that he is indeed a little *****. Though I don't wish anything long term on the guy, but I wouldn't mind seeing him get his ass kicked pretty good a couple times.

It just shows how rattled the Flyers have him.

Instead of focusing on his team and being calm and showing leadership, he adds fuel to the fire. And every time the Pens engage in that type of stuff they lose.