• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#5 Philadelphia Flyers vs. #4 Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

And we are still whinning about Howard's bad goaltending.... he is still far better than those 2 goalies there...

This series is just a joke in terms of defense. I'd love to see Rinne in there and see if he would be as stellar as he is against us.

And we are still whinning about Howard's bad goaltending.... he is still far better than those 2 goalies there...

This series is just a joke in terms of defense. I'd love to see Rinne in there and see if he would be as stellar as he is against us.

We pay Howard like a backup goalie and we get a good quality starter out of him. Howard is NOT the problem on our team at all.

I wish Nashville were playing this loose...we would have put 6 a night on him with all of our talent. Too bad there's no room to move...

goaltender

noun

1. the soccer or hockey player assigned to protect the goal [syn: goalkeeper]

2. the defensive position on an ice hockey or soccer or lacrosse team who stands in front of the goal and tries to prevent opposing players from scoring [syn: goalkeeper]

For the goalies who seem to have forgot.

We pay Howard like a backup goalie and we get a good quality starter out of him. Howard is NOT the problem on our team at all.

I wish Nashville were playing this loose...we would have put 6 a night on him with all of our talent. Too bad there's no room to move...

Yeah but they have defense....Game 3 and 4 so many blocks to cover empty nets.... in here defense is inexistent such as goaltending.... scary knowing that you can't sit back with a huge lead in this series. I mean leading 3-0, if you support the losing team at that time you're like ok we'll come back. In our series, when nashville takes a 1 goal lead you suddenly (as a supporter) have the fear we won't be able to come back....

The difference between those two series is stunning.

Yeah but they have defense....Game 3 and 4 so many blocks to cover empty nets.... in here defense is inexistent such as goaltending.... scary knowing that you can't sit back with a huge lead in this series. I mean leading 3-0, if you support the losing team at that time you're like ok we'll come back. In our series, when nashville takes a 1 goal lead you suddenly (as a supporter) have the fear we won't be able to come back....

The difference between those two series is stunning.

Definitely stunning differences...I have to think the rivalry in the pitt series is playing a part. The teams hate everybody on the opposing team. It's a real hate-fest. Probably to the point each wants to embarrass the other and take cheap shots to injure each other. I don't think in any other circumstance that both of these teams are THAT bad defensively.

Mind boggling though some of the goals allowed by both goalies...some really atrocious goals, starting with the first one tonight.

Does anyone take Pierre seriously when he talks? I wish they'd fire his ass...he's an idiot.

The pitt fans don't even like him...and that's surprising since he's up Pitt's ass.

I have to think the rivalry in the pitt series is playing a part. The teams hate everybody on the opposing team. It's a real hate-fest. Probably to the point each wants to embarrass the other and take cheap shots to injure each other. I don't think in any other circumstance that both of these teams are THAT bad defensively.

Well this is what we miss during the playoffs. The only rivalry we had the past 6 years (penguins aside) have been Anaheim and San Jose... Rivalry we could somewhat still notice during the regular season.

What's surprising is the fact that it will take this series to finally maybe start one (well i would have loved to see more actions like game 2).... in the end we have been one more time too much of gentlemen during the playoffs....

Well this is what we miss during the playoffs. The only rivalry we had the past 6 years (penguins aside) have been Anaheim and San Jose... Rivalry we could somewhat still notice during the regular season.

What's surprising is the fact that it will take this series to finally maybe start one (well i would have loved to see more actions like game 2).... in the end we have been one more time too much of gentlemen during the playoffs....

We don't have the personnel to goon it up and play super aggressive. We just don't. We are built to play hockey the right way, with high levels of talent, probably what Bettman really wants, but Bettman isn't getting.

Holland did the right thing years ago by modeling this team for what Bettman had planned the NHL to become. It just didn't turn out that way, and therefore our team is currently handicapped because we lack the size and speed to get through all the mucky play. We really don't have fighters, we don't have size, and with the exception of Helm, we don't have speed. Speed is needed to beat this mucky hockey style.

As sad as it is, I bet if we had a 100% Helm in our series, things would be different. He's the one player that can outskate the Preds and get them running around. We can't shake the preds because man on man they can stay right with us, no matter what player it is. They're overall a faster team, and bigger so they bump us off pucks. To me that's what it seems is the biggest problem with this matchup.