• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#5 Philadelphia Flyers vs. #4 Pittsburgh Penguins

Rate this topic

This series is a joke, rather prefer the tight games between our Wings and Trashville instead of the gongshow these two are putting together. Will be another wild game 5 on friday, two teams no defense and no goaltending at all. At least Fleury showed some more nhllike skills the last two periods.

I find it hard to believe people would prefer this series over tight hockey games.

What did he get ejected for? I had stopped watching at that point.

Not sure. He was pissed as f*** because he wasn't sure why either. He got crosschecked twice in the face? by Kubina I think it was. I didn't see any retaliation from him. But still, they kicked him out. :lol:

Not sure. He was pissed as f*** because he wasn't sure why either. He got crosschecked twice in the face? by Kubina I think it was. I didn't see any retaliation from him. But still, they kicked him out. :lol:

Still have no idea why they kicked him out. Get's crossed checked in the face twice and then get's kicked out. I'm guessing it was so he didn't do something "stupid" the rest of the game

Thought I heard that ratings for the NHL playoffs are way up, like 70% this year from last.

Well I can't imagine why. Half the series had a blood bath occur in them already. That's must-see TV! And the NHL responds by everytime a Pen or Flyer so much as farts by the opposing team, they get ejected.

Mmmm, how boring for fandom.

I guess the league wants to remain 2nd tier.

Just thought about 2009 and 2010 today... Because of the team that won the cup I don't know if I'll ever be able to not feel some disdain for the 2009 Flyers and the 2010 Predators for blowing it against their first round opponents when they could have really stepped on their necks.

What did he get ejected for? I had stopped watching at that point.

Pretty sure the refs basically shortened both the Penguin and Flyer benches by two just as a preventive measure to discourage the throng of fights that plagued the last game. He was officially given 2 minutes for holding the stick and a 10 minute game misconduct, but as far as I could tell he was just getting crosschecked on that sequence.

I think the Refs have been given direction from Buttman and Shanny to start cutting way down on the fighting that's been going on.

And all this could've been probably avoided had Weber gotten at least 2 games for his action in game 1 of the playoffs. Precedent was set. Hopefully now we've learned from it and we're moving forward.

Thought I heard that ratings for the NHL playoffs are way up, like 70% this year from last.

Well I can't imagine why. Half the series had a blood bath occur in them already. That's must-see TV! And the NHL responds by everytime a Pen or Flyer so much as farts by the opposing team, they get ejected.

Mmmm, how boring for fandom.

I guess the league wants to remain 2nd tier.

I wonder what effect having all of the games on national TV has had, along with the blood baths and OT games.