• Please log in to reply
887 replies to this topic

#561 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:16 PM

I think it was fear of a lifetime suspension for concussing Crosby again...which you know would have happened. I was hoping for him to throw a punch but in my mind I heard Crosby say "you know you can't hit me, go ahead try it" :ranting:

Probably figures that if you dare fight precious little cindy the coward, then you'll get permanently banned from the NHL by Bettman.

<_<

Yeah...

#562 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Interesting insight from Kerry Fraser...

Fraser: Looking Back...

"The main event might have started when Sid knocked Jake's glove away, but the preliminary bout happened a minute or so earlier when Crosby chopped at another Flyer player's glove and wasn't penalized for it.

The absence of a swift and firm response by the referees to Sidney Crosby's repeated slash to the glove hand of Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov prior to the fisticuffs became an officiating turning point in the game. This spark ignited the ever-present combustible fuel that exists when these two teams meet and caused player hostilities to boil over and continue throughout most of the game. The officials had to continually battle back from this early incident in an
attempt to exert and maintain control."

Silly Fraser, Crosby doesn't get penalties!

esteef

:thumbup:

#563 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Frasers "insight"? I think anyone watching that game saw what precipitated the fight....hell, I posted it about a page back. Sid was in the middle of almost every scrum in that game.....or he was fanning the flames.
  • Nev likes this

#564 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Interesting insight from Kerry Fraser...

Fraser: Looking Back...

"The main event might have started when Sid knocked Jake's glove away, but the preliminary bout happened a minute or so earlier when Crosby chopped at another Flyer player's glove and wasn't penalized for it.

The absence of a swift and firm response by the referees to Sidney Crosby's repeated slash to the glove hand of Flyers goalie Ilya Bryzgalov prior to the fisticuffs became an officiating turning point in the game. This spark ignited the ever-present combustible fuel that exists when these two teams meet and caused player hostilities to boil over and continue throughout most of the game. The officials had to continually battle back from this early incident in an
attempt to exert and maintain control."

Silly Fraser, Crosby doesn't get penalties!

esteef

Honestly I couldn't believe he didn't get a penalty. Bryz had the puck clearly frozen under his glove and Crosby took not one but like three good hard whacks at his hand.

#565 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

You know what, I want the refs to stay out of it. I want the games to be high scoring and to have fighting in them. The more the merrier. This series without a doubt has been the most exciting playoff series in a long, long time. The NHL should model itself after this kind of hockey. Fans would come back to watching it. The Vancouver/LA game was boring as F*ck...and it ended 1-0.

Nobody wants to watch 1-0, 2-0 games...and the goals that go in are garbage, grinder goals. The super star players in the league are getting shut down and mucked up by this crap playoff hockey and it's 3rd/4th line garbage goals winning games.

The league doesn't get it. AT ALL.

The players did fine policing themselves, but now with the meddling of the league management thinking they can do better than the players, we get this garbage. Players running at stars who aren't able to fight, the enforcers are removed, there's no fear that a player like Probert is going to come off the bench and beat your ass for running at Crosby, or Datsyuk, or whatever.

This league is killing itself.

Edited by Firehawk, 16 April 2012 - 03:54 PM.

U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#566 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:54 PM

Best part about that video - fast forward to 3:10

Craig Berube - "Schenner! f*** him the f*** up!"

:lol: Berube was right fired up!!
IPB Image

#567 DatsyukDangles13

DatsyukDangles13

Prospect

• 33 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

http://www.youtube.c...be_gdata_player

Best part about that video - fast forward to 3:10

Craig Berube - "Schenner! f*** him the f*** up!"

lol that's awesome......good find

Follow my friend and I on a 90 day road trip to 60 sports games!  Check out the website http://www.thebandwagoners.com.

Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/Band_Wagoners and like us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bwagoners

#568 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:10 PM

Pittsburgh Live: "Don't bother showing for Game 4"

Within a couple hours of maybe the most pathetic playoff performance in Penguins history, the sloppy, senseless and stupid-beyond-words 8-4 loss to the Flyers in Game 3 on Sunday, the tattered remains of this team boarded an aircraft for Pittsburgh. That`s where they`re set to practice the next two days, then return here for Game 4.

Do us a favor, gentlemen: Don`t come back.

Edited by P. Marlowe, 16 April 2012 - 06:10 PM.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#569 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

http://pittsburgh.cr...2960326885.html

I'll just leave this here.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#570 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,054 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Frasers "insight"? I think anyone watching that game saw what precipitated the fight....hell, I posted it about a page back. Sid was in the middle of almost every scrum in that game.....or he was fanning the flames.

Yep, couldn't believe it, he was out there acting like a 4th line agitator, not a superstar forward. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised given his history, but I'm still thinking "wtf is he playing at?" Refs take a lot of the blame too for not handing out more misconducts, or at least getting guys off the ice quicker, which was why all those scrums lasted forever.

Wouldn't be so bad if all this childish crap was working for the team, but it isn't. Stick to playing hockey Sid, its what you're good at.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#571 Wingedwheeler2

Wingedwheeler2

Prospect

• 37 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

Yep, couldn't believe it, he was out there acting like a 4th line agitator, not a superstar forward. Of course, I shouldn't be surprised given his history, but I'm still thinking "wtf is he playing at?" Refs take a lot of the blame too for not handing out more misconducts, or at least getting guys off the ice quicker, which was why all those scrums lasted forever.

Wouldn't be so bad if all this childish crap was working for the team, but it isn't. Stick to playing hockey Sid, its what you're good at.

True statement. There is a certain decorum that goes along with wearing that C on your jersey. You either lead with your words, your actions, or both. I've been fortunate enough to see some of the truly great captains.....Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemieux, Messier, Sakic, etc......all of them used very different tactics, Messier...fire and brimstone, Gretzky....an unrelenting pursuit of perfection and accepting nothing less from his teammates....and the quiet resolve and class of Yzerman......their play on the ice made them great, their class on AND off made them legends. Crosby needs to take a history lesson.

#572 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:23 AM

their play on the ice made them great, their class on AND off made them legends.

There should be a plaque above Crosby's locker with this on it.

Edited by xtrememachine1, 17 April 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#573 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

You know what, I want the refs to stay out of it. I want the games to be high scoring and to have fighting in them. The more the merrier. This series without a doubt has been the most exciting playoff series in a long, long time. The NHL should model itself after this kind of hockey. Fans would come back to watching it. The Vancouver/LA game was boring as F*ck...and it ended 1-0.

Nobody wants to watch 1-0, 2-0 games...and the goals that go in are garbage, grinder goals. The super star players in the league are getting shut down and mucked up by this crap playoff hockey and it's 3rd/4th line garbage goals winning games.

The players did fine policing themselves, but now with the meddling of the league management thinking they can do better than the players, we get this garbage. Players running at stars who aren't able to fight, the enforcers are removed, there's no fear that a player like Probert is going to come off the bench and beat your ass for running at Crosby, or Datsyuk, or whatever.

+++++++++++1

#574 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

The NHL should model itself after this kind of hockey.

"It's the end of Defense as we know it...."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#575 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

"It's the end of Defense as we know it...."

"and I feeeel fiiiiiiine..."

Well not really but it just seemed to fit that song.

#576 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image

#577 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

I somehow like the series but jebus there goalies and defense suck beyond god. Maybe the worst playoff performance I've seen from goaltenders including the defense easily worse than Layton and Niemi two years ago.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#578 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

Spot on post.

With the introduction of the instigator pen, and a generally accepted stance to tone down the fighting league wide - we now have become accustomed to seeing players look for justice via the league, and lets not kid ourselves - justice hasn't been as good as we'd like to think.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - it's why I haven't been able to identify with this team for the past several seasons; nobody on this team has a set dangling between their legs; Hank getting his head rammed into the boards, and a few years back Stewie getting the elbow from Kostopolous are prime examples...Had this been the Red Wings circa 1997 - both Weber, and Kostopolous would've left the ice bloodied as someone would've gone after them.

It might be the inner knuckle-dragger speaking, but I really do miss those Red Wing teams from the past, and no - it's got nothing to do with the cap - it's all about how the team drafts, and whom they sign in the off season...This is all on Holland.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#579 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

Not liking how we haven't heard of any punishment yet for Neal and Asham.

#580 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Not liking how we haven't heard of any punishment yet for Neal and Asham.

Word usually comes down later in the evening.