Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

The Pens being out must be pretty hard on Gary

Nah, his hard-on is gone now.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#882 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Fleury hasn't been the same playoff goalie since 2009. Why the hell couldn't he play like this during that series?

He did for the first 5 games. Then Games 6 + 7 he stopped giving up his customary one softie per game just long enough for them to win the cup.
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk

#883 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

He did for the first 5 games. Then Games 6 + 7 he stopped giving up his customary one softie per game just long enough for them to win the cup.

In Games 6 and 7, his defensemen blocked shots as if it were an empty net.

#884 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:50 PM

So since the Cup, they barely got past an Ottawa team that was way over matched, then bounced by an 8th seed in 7 games, bounced in the first round the next year by TB and bounced in the first round again by their cross state rival. People keep talking about OUR team declining. This is supposed to be the next "dynasty" and they can't even get out of the first round in the East.

True story.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#885 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#886 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

Haha... Sid's daddy e-mailed Don Cherry and told him to stop saying mean things about his precious little boy. Do a lot of young players parents do that or...?

#887 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,600 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

Haha... Sid's daddy e-mailed Don Cherry and told him to stop saying mean things about his precious little boy. Do a lot of young players parents do that or...?

Apparently, some hockey parents still don't know that their son needs to learn sportsmanship.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#888 ktothetz

ktothetz

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Although the series is over--- here's a fresh new Crybaby Crosby music video for your viewing pleasures!