This sucks, but it’s my prediction.

The final central standings:

1 - St. Louis

2 - Nashville

3 - Chicago

4 - Detroit

5 - Columbus.

<_<

If this happens, I dare say it would look like the lack of high first rounders may finally be catching up with Detroit.

It would look bad, but we'd still be 8th-10th overall in the league. 4th place in our division (as well as the Atlantic) is going to be higher than 1st in two, possibly three others. Not up to our standards, but not that terrible either.

It would look bad, but we'd still be 8th-10th overall in the league. 4th place in our division (as well as the Atlantic) is going to be higher than 1st in two, possibly three others. Not up to our standards, but not that terrible either.

Yes, I agree. Still doesn’t erase the fact that over the past 5 years all of the teams in the central have built young, competitive teams through the draft using picks you only get early in the first round. Except Columbus. They are a disaster.

However, if you look back at games the Wings didn’t show up for this year, I’m sure you could scrape enough points together to easily seed them (at least) second in the central. Which is where they could finish regardless. And they are 4-2 against the Blues. So yeah, still a pretty good team.

Given how inconsistent this team has been lately even with people coming back, I honestly have no clue which matchup might be better or not.

I'm still going to go with the preference of playing at home first and being the 4th seed, but honestly given the above I won't be too disappointed if it is one matchup or another.