• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Interference

Rate this topic

But look at it objectively, there wasn't even a guarantee of anything on the play, it was illegal, he got away with it, plays like that happen ALL THE TIME, the only difference was this one was blatant and stupid. It is humorous, you are overreacting big time.

When has this ever happened in the NHL? Let alone ALL THE TIME?

I've never seen it or heard about it and I've been watching hockey a long time.

As someone who is also a Kings fan, this makes me hate Clowe even more. Mostly because it's unbelievable that such a "Slapshot" like play could go unnoticed by the refs.

It also happened when the Kings were on a PP. So if the refs didn't have their heads up their asses it would've put the Kings on a 5 on 3, which is also why it was such idiotic move by Clowe.

I wouldn't find it funny that my team just got screwed out of a potential 5 on 3 in the ending moments of a game that going to choose who gets 3rd seed. I don't see anything funny about this, quite frankly I see it an insult to the game. Who does that at a level he's playing at?

Here's the thing: earlier in the game, Torey Mitchel was taken out of the game with a crosscheck from behind after carrying the puck into the King's zone. No call, he left the game. Losing one of the best PK guys from the team had a much bigger impact on the game than Clowe's play - enough so that the 27th-ranked PP got 4 goals in the game.

Or, there was the play where Clifford skated all the way across the ice to hit Couture from behind into the boards, taking him out for the remainder of the period (and I'm gonna bet out for Saturday as well). Clifford got 5, but they waived the misconduct at their discretion. Really?

It obviously should have been 2 minutes, but it wasn't. The only reason people are paying attention to Clowe's stupid penalty is because we've never seen it before. And it's hilarious that he got away with it.

I looked for the "shoo" and I didn't see it. :)

Guess I am qualified to be an NHL ref more than I thought. :)

There are better videos of the linesman actually motioning for the "extra" skater to get off the ice. Here's one where it's still difficult to see an actual motion by the linesman, but he is clearly right in front of the extra player who quickly skates to the bench.

esteef

Can you tell me a situation in any of the major sports, where when a call was screwed up, that the league apologized for the reffing?

I thought the NHL came out and admitted that a goal by Vancouver (against US no less) should have been called off back in December. I can't seem to find the link to it anymore (NHL.com's website only goes back to January)

I thought the NHL came out and admitted that a goal by Vancouver (against US no less) should have been called off back in December. I can't seem to find the link to it anymore (NHL.com's website only goes back to January)

I can't find the article either, but I can vouge(sp?) for you that they said it shouldn't have counted because Howard wasn't given the opportunity to save the puck.

I can't find the article either, but I can vouge(sp?) for you that they said it shouldn't have counted because Howard wasn't given the opportunity to save the puck.

I seem to remember that, and I remember the reaction here was shock and awe. It just doesn't happen very often. Look at the MLB when they screwed the Tigers out of that no hitter last year. They never apologized, but Jim Joyce did.

There are better videos of the linesman actually motioning for the "extra" skater to get off the ice. Here's one where it's still difficult to see an actual motion by the linesman, but he is clearly right in front of the extra player who quickly skates to the bench.

esteef

Yea, I still don't see it. Not to say it didn't happen, but I just don't see a conspiracy theory anyway. That series went 7 games, and Detroit had their chances to seal it but couldn't.

You do understand that the refs aren't just supposed to be watching the puck or the person playing the puck. There are other things going on in the game.

You mean like keeping track of how many players are on the ice? Or maybe the guy throwing his stick over the side and interfering in the play?

I'm overreacting because I think it's mind boggling that 2 refs and 2 linesmen failed to notice a player on the bench playing the puck to prevent an odd man rush. I'm done arguing with you, obviously you aren't comprehending why I was upset in the first place. The addition of this home-and-home deciding the 3rd seed just added the amplitude of the mistake. I highly doubt you would be "laughing and finding it humorous" if it involved the Wings, I almost can promise you that.

i think it is mind-boggling too, but in the end it happened, I have serious doubts that they purposely didn't call it after seeing it, it was just one of those anomalies that you don't get to see often. It wasn't a guaranteed scoring chance, anything related to the outcome of the game is theoretical.

You mean like keeping track of how many players are on the ice? Or maybe the guy throwing his stick over the side and interfering in the play?

And about 1000 other things. Your point?

maybe the refs were too dumbfounded by Clowe's jack-assery to call anything, hopefully others like Clowe don't take this idea and run with it, and if they do, they will actually get caught and pay for it; should be a 2 minute penalty for interference and another 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct to give the opposing team a 5-on-3

I wonder if Clowe won't get as much leniency from the officials in the next set of games for San Jose. You know like all of a sudden they call him on a phantom hook or "charging," etc. Wouldn't surprise me. Kind of like how Auger was out to get Alex Burrows that one game.

Ok, I admit the first time I saw it, I missed it too until I know where I was supposed to be looking.

It is entirely possible that the refs thought to themselves, "Did he just... nah, couldn't be. The other guy would have called something that stupid. They'd think I was crazy if I suggested he did something like that."

I want to know what was going on in Clowe's head.

Is he playing today? Or is he in the quiet room until he recovers from his amnesia?