• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

I heard (rumour) that refs get docked $$ if they miss obvious calls like off sides. I wonder if those 4 ref's wallets are a bit lighter ...

#62 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

There are better videos of the linesman actually motioning for the "extra" skater to get off the ice. Here's one where it's still difficult to see an actual motion by the linesman, but he is clearly right in front of the extra player who quickly skates to the bench.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKRaLdXys6g

esteef

Yea, I still don't see it. Not to say it didn't happen, but I just don't see a conspiracy theory anyway. That series went 7 games, and Detroit had their chances to seal it but couldn't.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#63 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,256 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

You do understand that the refs aren't just supposed to be watching the puck or the person playing the puck. There are other things going on in the game.

You mean like keeping track of how many players are on the ice? Or maybe the guy throwing his stick over the side and interfering in the play?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#64 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

I'm overreacting because I think it's mind boggling that 2 refs and 2 linesmen failed to notice a player on the bench playing the puck to prevent an odd man rush. I'm done arguing with you, obviously you aren't comprehending why I was upset in the first place. The addition of this home-and-home deciding the 3rd seed just added the amplitude of the mistake. I highly doubt you would be "laughing and finding it humorous" if it involved the Wings, I almost can promise you that.

i think it is mind-boggling too, but in the end it happened, I have serious doubts that they purposely didn't call it after seeing it, it was just one of those anomalies that you don't get to see often. It wasn't a guaranteed scoring chance, anything related to the outcome of the game is theoretical.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#65 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,641 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

You mean like keeping track of how many players are on the ice? Or maybe the guy throwing his stick over the side and interfering in the play?

And about 1000 other things. Your point?
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#66 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:35 PM

I really, REALLY hate san jose.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#67 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:13 AM

I hope Van gets SJ in first round. I want to see Lapierre taunt Clowe with a stick.

#68 datterberg1340

datterberg1340

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

maybe the refs were too dumbfounded by Clowe's jack-assery to call anything, hopefully others like Clowe don't take this idea and run with it, and if they do, they will actually get caught and pay for it; should be a 2 minute penalty for interference and another 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct to give the opposing team a 5-on-3

#69 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:06 AM

I wonder if Clowe won't get as much leniency from the officials in the next set of games for San Jose. You know like all of a sudden they call him on a phantom hook or "charging," etc. Wouldn't surprise me. Kind of like how Auger was out to get Alex Burrows that one game.

#70 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:22 AM

Posted Image

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#71 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,698 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Ok, I admit the first time I saw it, I missed it too until I know where I was supposed to be looking.

It is entirely possible that the refs thought to themselves, "Did he just... nah, couldn't be. The other guy would have called something that stupid. They'd think I was crazy if I suggested he did something like that."

I want to know what was going on in Clowe's head.

Is he playing today? Or is he in the quiet room until he recovers from his amnesia?

Money on the board:  Current total: $6

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#72 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

I want to know what was going on in Clowe's head.

I'd like to have him on the team but man he does some stupid s*** sometimes that really lessens that sentiment.