Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Tortorella Slams Orpik, Crosby, Malkin,...

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#1 The Production Line

The Production Line

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

#2 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

I love Torts.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#3 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

Screw the Pens. This is hilarious.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#4 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

DO refrain from using vulgar language. There isn't an active curse word filter here because our members have shown in the past that it isn't required to make your point. Curse words can, at times, be an effective way of translating some emotion into a post, but only if done so in moderation. Abuse of this privilege will result in the activation of the curse filter and the suspension of the offending member's account.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#5 Zonly1

Zonly1

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

Too bad other coaches don't have the balls that Torts has to call out the Penguins and their double standards. Crosby is a punk, Orpik has always been dirty.

#6 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

DO refrain from using vulgar language. There isn't an active curse word filter here because our members have shown in the past that it isn't required to make your point. Curse words can, at times, be an effective way of translating some emotion into a post, but only if done so in moderation. Abuse of this privilege will result in the activation of the curse filter and the suspension of the offending member's account.

I'm sorry, but that really is how much I love Torts. Got a man crush. I shall now refrain when unneeded!

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#7 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

Glad someone else finally said it.

#8 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:09 PM

Glad someone else finally said it.

Unless we see a magical apology in the next couple of days, haha.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#9 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

"John Tortorella has been fined $10,000 for his comments about the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday..."

Posted Image

#10 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm sorry, but that really is how much I love Torts. Got a man crush. I shall now refrain when unneeded!

I get it. I've been known to use colorful language - I'm not against it. It should just be used sparingly is all. The word "freakin'" works pretty well for me. Feel free to use it. :)
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#11 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Just wanted to say that I caught your original post before it was edited and I love him that much too. hahaha!

#12 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

I kind of want to know what was said, even though I'm pretty sure I read the post and didn't think anything of it. I drop quite a few bombs around here, well, frankly because I'm an adult and I should be able to. Just kind of curious what's crossing the line and what is not. As a matter of fact, pretty sure I dropped 4 four letter words after last night's game.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#13 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:23 PM

"John Tortorella has been fined $10,000 for his comments about the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday..."

Real or just for fun.... I was going to post

Fine in 3..... 2..... 1..... Lol cause he will be fined

#14 Nic

Nic

Rookie

• Pip
  • 158 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

I kind of want to know what was said, even though I'm pretty sure I read the post and didn't think anything of it. I drop quite a few bombs around here, well, frankly because I'm an adult and I should be able to. Just kind of curious what's crossing the line and what is not. As a matter of fact, pretty sure I dropped 4 four letter words after last night's game.

As Vladdy said, "freakin" should be used instead. :)

#15 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:28 PM

Love Torts. I wish we had a coach like that, but Holland would never allow it, because he actually demands physical play from his team.

#16 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

Heat of the moment usually is fine. Casual conversation should be kept respectful. It's only polite. Whether you're an adult or not, as most of us are, is immaterial. Matt has asked us all to be judicious in the use of curse words is all. Dropping an F bomb in every other post is going to get edited or deleted, and it's silly to lose posting privileges over it.

I will leave this conversation here as it is helpful, but any further questions or concerns please handle via the PM system so we don't completely derail this thread.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#17 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

:clap:

(Re: Torts, not the language stuff)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#18 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Too bad other coaches don't have the balls that Torts has to call out the Penguins and their double standards. Crosby is a punk, Orpik has always been dirty.

I love reading Pens fans in comments on articles defend Orpik. Orpik has been suspended, at LEAST, twice for nasty kneeing hits and here, he skates right at Stepan, knee out, he gets a major for kneeing, game misconduct, but Pens fans claim "the NHL is targeting him because of his history" and "It was a clean hit, Tort needs to suck it up". Meanwhile, less than a week ago Crosby gets tapped from behind and they want blood. lol Talk about hypocrites... geez.

#19 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

And, surprise surprise...no supplemental discipline for Orpik.

Bettman clearly has Shanny on a leash. Ugh.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#20 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

And Berube said some things before that, maybe the NHL will open their eyes