Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Tortorella Slams Orpik, Crosby, Malkin,...

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

And Berube said some things before that, maybe the NHL will open their eyes

You should be on Comedy Central with comedy like that. :D

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#22 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

As Vladdy said, "freakin" should be used instead. :)

I don't use 'freakin' in my real life, I don't suppose I will in my imaginary one either. There are thresholds, though.

Heat of the moment usually is fine. Casual conversation should be kept respectful. It's only polite. Whether you're an adult or not, as most of us are, is immaterial. Matt has asked us all to be judicious in the use of curse words is all. Dropping an F bomb in every other post is going to get edited or deleted, and it's silly to lose posting privileges over it.

I gotcha. I was just trying to hypothetically draw the line so I knew which side to stand on.

BACK ON TOPIC: Did Orpik get suspended for the preseason knee on Franzen, last year was it? I don't remember.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#23 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

BACK ON TOPIC: Did Orpik get suspended for the preseason knee on Franzen, last year was it? I don't remember.

He did not.

#24 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

Unless we see a magical apology in the next couple of days, haha.

You mean like, Mike noballs Milbury? Frickin spineless s***head.

#25 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:24 PM

Spineless s***head? Seriously?

Don't Toews me, bro!

#26 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 18,828 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

Was just watching a clip of Sid responding to Torts comments on the Score, he said Callahan whines to the refs more then he or Malkin :lol: And that Torts will just apologize like Milbury and all will be forgotten. Pfft, this kid is a clown. I hope to god he never captains Team Canada, and I really hope the Flyer can pull the upset on these dummies in the first round.

#NOMOREKINDL

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Cake Eater

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,075 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Was just watching a clip of Sid responding to Torts comments on the Score, he said Callahan whines to the refs more then he or Malkin :lol: And that Torts will just apologize like Milbury and all will be forgotten.

Someone, anyone, please clean this clown's clock.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Did he really say he will just apologize for it?

Also is there really no discipline????

#29 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

There are a great many insults that can be slung in Milbury's direction, but I don't think a lack of chutzpah is among them. If you doubt me, I dare you to call him spineless to his face.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#30 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

You know what, I LOVE TORTORELLA. HAHA. Nice. It validates wings fans since 2008 calling Crosby a whiner. Other team fans didn't agree, now they should be more convinced of it. I love it...

I hope Philly rams Crosby and knocks him out of the playoffs. Despite the talent, he's a moron. Of course, I am hoping for a clean hit...sorta ;).

So I just watched the hit by Orpik. How is that defendable in any way whatsoever? The guy LEAD with his knee...unbelievable. I don't know how Orpik doesn't get more suspension time. Torts was right, absolutely ridiculous.

I'd be pissed if I was the coach, too.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#31 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

You know what, I LOVE TORTORELLA. HAHA. Nice. It validates wings fans since 2008 calling Crosby a whiner. Other team fans didn't agree, now they should be more convinced of it. I love it...

I hope Philly rams Crosby and knocks him out of the playoffs. Despite the talent, he's a moron. Of course, I am hoping for a clean hit...sorta ;).

So I just watched the hit by Orpik. How is that defendable in any way whatsoever? The guy LEAD with his knee...unbelievable. I don't know how Orpik doesn't get more suspension time. Torts was right, absolutely ridiculous.

I'd be pissed if I was the coach, too.

I'm trying to figure out how you can say "I don't know how Orpik doesn't get more suspension time." and "I hope Philly rams Crosby and knocks him out of the playoffs." in the same post.
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#32 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Was just watching a clip of Sid responding to Torts comments on the Score, he said Callahan whines to the refs more then he or Malkin :lol: And that Torts will just apologize like Milbury and all will be forgotten. Pfft, this kid is a clown. I hope to god he never captains Team Canada, and I really hope the Flyer can pull the upset on these dummies in the first round.

Did he really say he will just apologize for it?

Yeah. :lol:

Link

#33 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

I'll do it again...

Watch this:

"I don't know how Orpik doesn't get more suspension time." and "I hope Philly rams Crosby and knocks him out of the playoffs."

I don't like Crosby, never have. No I am not jealous, since I think Datsyuk is a better player. Crosby is on his last leg anyways, and Bettman, who has thrown everything the NHL has to offer behind Crosby, knows it. So, they'll do their best to protect him.

But, once you start having concussions, you're very likely to have more. Crosby's career is already in jeopardy and it won't take a dirty hit to knock him out.

This is what the league wanted by changing the rules and bringing in the instigator rule. Nobody to blame but themselves...
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#34 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 675 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

I'll do it again...

Watch this:

"I don't know how Orpik doesn't get more suspension time." and "I hope Philly rams Crosby and knocks him out of the playoffs."

I don't like Crosby, never have. No I am not jealous, since I think Datsyuk is a better player. Crosby is on his last leg anyways, and Bettman, who has thrown everything the NHL has to offer behind Crosby, knows it. So, they'll do their best to protect him.

But, once you start having concussions, you're very likely to have more. Crosby's career is already in jeopardy and it won't take a dirty hit to knock him out.

This is what the league wanted by changing the rules and bringing in the instigator rule. Nobody to blame but themselves...

And the fact that you're wishing a potentially career ending and life changing injury on another human being doesn't even enter the equation?
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#35 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,181 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

Yeah, Philly doesn't have any whiners on their team. :rolleyes:

Briere and Jagr come to mind. I'm sure there's others if I thought hard about it.

Edited by GMRwings1983, 06 April 2012 - 03:34 PM.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#36 AceInTheSleeve

AceInTheSleeve

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

I'm sure hell apologize today about it, and everything will be forgotten.

Hahah, the only way people will forget about Crosby being a whiny ****** is if he starts acting like a man, and continues to do so for the rest of his career. Even then people will slam him for being a ***** for his first 7 seasons.

He wont change, even after being called out twice in one week. What a cowardly little whiner, can't stand his attitude.

Edited by AceInTheSleeve, 06 April 2012 - 04:19 PM.

#37 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,898 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Wow, now it's $20,000. Hell if I had $20,000 to throw around I'd pay Tort's fine. Never heard that you couldn't say something about another team. I know you can't call out the minions or Buttman.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 06 April 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#38 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:52 PM

Did Berube get a fine?

#39 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

"John Tortorella has been fined $10,000 for his comments about the Pittsburgh Penguins on Thursday..."

I was 10 grand off. Damn.

Posted Image

#40 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:38 PM

It'd be fun to start a fund to pay Tortorella's fine. Probably illegal, but oh, if we could...I'm sure fans from all over the league would donate.

Also - didn't NHL players vote Crosby the whiniest sob in the league some time ago? What's Bettman gonna do? Fine all of them? What.an.arrogant.idiot.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.