• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blackhawks 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Nyquist looked very good, especially at that last shift. Shaehan looks very bad. Hoe does not really understand what to do on the ice which is way worse compared to Nyquist's and Tatar's first NHL games. At least two years away from NHL.

Yeah, Edzo never takes off his homer hat. And Pierre never takes off his "I love Edzo" hat.

I always just imagine Olczyk sitting in the broadcast booth wearing a Hawks sweater and a Pens hat as he calls games.

Nyquist looked very good, especially at that last shift. Shaehan looks very bad. Hoe does not really understand what to do on the ice which is way worse compared to Nyquist's and Tatar's first NHL games. At least two years away from NHL.

You're making that assessment based on 5 total shifts in the NHL? :blink:

I'm guessing he's just getting over being so nervous he feels like he has to poop.

at least sheahan can cycle and take a check. he looks strong with the puck. if we could morph sheahan and nyqusit's good attributes you would have a pretty great player.

I think he plays keep away alright and is where he needs to be, he just can't finish. Though that's only going off the few times I've noticed it was him

I always just imagine Olczyk sitting in the broadcast booth wearing a Hawks sweater and a Pens hat as he calls games.

I'm guessing he's just getting over being so nervous he feels like he has to poop.

i lol'd

You know what I am now convinced that we need Datsyuk with Zetterberg going into the playoffs. Yes the Fil line has been fantastic, but Pavel's wrist must be hurting him pretty bad for Franzen to be taking faceoffs and Franzen NEVER wins a faceoff and that will kill us in the playoffs. To top that, Franzen coasts around too much to be playing with Pavs. If his wrist is hurting, the Eurotwins should be paired together and I still think Fil and Hudler would be able to hold their own on the 2nd line.

Datsyuk- Zetterberg- Bertuzzi (Bert would do a great job opening up ice for the Eurotwins)

Franzen- Filpulla- Hudler (The line has worked before and Fil is playing fantastically)

Like I said, with Pavel's wrist clearly bothering him, I think this is the best option going forward and would provide us a lethal first line and a pretty good second line. The fact of the matter is we have not been scoring goals lately... when that happens lines have to change.

We have definitely flipped the switch. Outplaying them but down where it counts

My thoughts through the first 6 minutes. Then the goal and a bit of let down.

Wings need to get their offense going against a crap goalie. Playing Rinne is going to be tough enough without averaging only 1 GFA going in. Of course, if they plan on losing, it won't really matter <_<

I think he is nervous. However, this is not an excuse for not even trying. Natural hockey talent is easily seen even in first NHL games. Shaahan showed nothing.

You know what I am now convinced that we need Datsyuk with Zetterberg going into the playoffs. Yes the Fil line has been fantastic, but Pavel's wrist must be hurting him pretty bad for Franzen to be taking faceoffs and Franzen NEVER wins a faceoff and that will kill us in the playoffs. To top that, Franzen coasts around too much to be playing with Pavs. If his wrist is hurting, the Eurotwins should be paired together and I still think Fil and Hudler would be able to hold their own on the 2nd line.

Datsyuk- Zetterberg- Bertuzzi (Bert would do a great job opening up ice for the Eurotwins)

Franzen- Filpulla- Hudler (The line has worked before and Fil is playing fantastically)

Like I said, with Pavel's wrist clearly bothering him, I think this is the best option going forward and would provide us a lethal first line and a pretty good second line. The fact of the matter is we have not been scoring goals lately... when that happens lines have to change.

With that lineup, the third line of Nyquist- Abby- Cleary/Miller would be great.

The one thing I want the Wings to do that I see other teams to against us is crash the net, and look for the ugly rebound.. It seems like if it doesn't make it on the initial shot, the Wings are already looking and skating backwards for defense, not really jumping in and collapsing on the net.. If they can get a shot and a rebound shot, I'd be more happy..

But overall good first period from the wings.. Great kill, and lets see what happens in Period 2

Hahahahaha gold.

I think he is nervous. However, this is not an excuse for not even trying. Natural hockey talent is easily seen even in first NHL games. Shaahan showed nothing.

Not even trying? Where do you get that?

I think 3:23 minutes of ice time is a little premature to assess Sheahan.

Not even trying? Where do you get that?

I think 3:23 minutes of ice time is a little premature to assess Sheahan.

He has more penalty mins than ice time... He does good sitting in the box..

But really he wasn't an embarrassment, looks good going after the puck and controlling it for his first game.

Tell the Hawks' team dentist that Sheahan was "not even trying" on that Chiclets wrecking backcheck :P