• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blackhawks 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Come all the way back only to lose in the shoot out. What a tough loss @ home to end the season. I guess it's off to Nashville to start the first round. I hope the Wings can restart their road record because it sure stunk during the regular season. Lets Go Wings!!!

So much for our stellar shootout record.

I guess we're traveling to Trashville next week with all their highly "intelligent" fans.

UGH! How did I forget that extra negative. The travel to Phoenix would have been worse, same with watching late games, but at least there would have been plenty of Wings fans diluting their White Out nonsense. Nashville fans get their playoffs tickets free in packages of Donettes at the truck stop, do some asking around about this "hockey" in the line to get in, mouth-agape listening to opposing fans explain it.

Nashville in 6 hate to say it.

Blows my mind why they'd tie it up to face them instead of pheonix.

It further blows my mind why anyone thinks any team is going to be easy or to prefer one over the other. Any team can beat another on any given night. I get that the Wings match up with certain teams better but we play who we are going to play and that's it. Only thing I was rooting for today was to hopefully get home ice, don't really care who we were to face Round 1.

Pavel with a sick move, JUST MISSED... Hudler better not be used anymore in shootouts would someone please like to tell me why Babcock uses him over FIL?!?!? ALso, sick move by Patty Kane gotta give him props for that. Overall I think the Wings will be ready for the playoffs:

- Mike Babcock, for the love of God PLEASE keep Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line, whether it be with Bertuzzi or Nyquist... the second that switch was made the Wings came alive

- Franzen is at least looking a lot more determined at TRYING to make plays so that is a positive sign

- Our PK has been fantastic lately and whether you wanna admit it or not, our powerplay has not been that bad either. Think about it, I am pretty sure we have hit at least 1 post on our powerplay over the course of the past 6 or 7 games, including 2 posts today... I think the Wings will get it together

- Though Jimmy had a little rebound trouble today, he looks primed and ready

Lastly, everyone is so worried about Nashville having to play in their building but dont forget the fact that almost every time we play in their building during the season is on the 2nd night of a back to back so we are tired... lets see how they fair against us when rested. It will be a great series but I do not think Nashville can withstand the Wings.

Yes, winning against a team the Wings went 3-3 against is now considered a miracle.

They have added significant pieces to their lineup though. And we do have a tendency to get shut down by good goalies and great defenses.

Let's hope the boys turn it on though.

I think the Wings went for it because of travel regardless of who that 3 seed would be, only thing that sucks about losing in the SO is that Nashville knows they have home ice and can rest players tonight.

Yes maybe Phoenix is the easier first round matchup but you can't think like that to win the Cup you will have to go through the best anyway, taking out all that travel in the first round can be beneficial.