• Please log in to reply
699 replies to this topic

#221 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

Maybe Sheahan should do some dental work on Seabrook for trying to neuter Flip.

I regret that I have used up my quota of plusses for the day.

#222 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

Just a struggle to score goals lately. I still feel like the Red Wings do too much along the perimeter.

Not a bad period overall, but they have got to get the next goal here.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#223 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

if nyquist can put on some weight and take checks along the boards more effectively he will become a dominant player. looks really good out there when not being checked to the ice.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#224 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Just positioning themselves for maximum likelihood of a first round threepeat! :P
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#225 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Yeah, Edzo never takes off his homer hat. And Pierre never takes off his "I love Edzo" hat.

"Hey Edzo, would say somethingsomethingsomethingsomething...."
[Long pause]
"No, I don't think I'd say that. I think the big thing for somethingsomethingsomethingsomething...."
"somethingsomething Seabrook with a SHOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!"

Don't Toews me, bro!

#226 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 670 posts

I regret that I have used up my quota of plusses for the day.

Already?

#227 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

nbc giving the Hawks advice to tank the game because they don't want them playing the preds lolololol

#228 DatsyukDangles

DatsyukDangles

Prospect

• 46 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Unfortunate goal, but I'm not really displeased with our 1st period play. We're looking pretty decent out there...

#229 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Nyquist looked very good, especially at that last shift. Shaehan looks very bad. Hoe does not really understand what to do on the ice which is way worse compared to Nyquist's and Tatar's first NHL games. At least two years away from NHL.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#230 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

LOLOLOLOLOL

Mike being extraordinarily kind this time around....

EDIT: Regarding the Pens, that is.

Edited by Dabura, 07 April 2012 - 12:50 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#231 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Yeah, Edzo never takes off his homer hat. And Pierre never takes off his "I love Edzo" hat.

I always just imagine Olczyk sitting in the broadcast booth wearing a Hawks sweater and a Pens hat as he calls games.

Nyquist looked very good, especially at that last shift. Shaehan looks very bad. Hoe does not really understand what to do on the ice which is way worse compared to Nyquist's and Tatar's first NHL games. At least two years away from NHL.

You're making that assessment based on 5 total shifts in the NHL? :blink:

I'm guessing he's just getting over being so nervous he feels like he has to poop.

#232 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,006 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

edit. fook.

Edited by Dabura, 07 April 2012 - 12:49 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#233 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

at least sheahan can cycle and take a check. he looks strong with the puck. if we could morph sheahan and nyqusit's good attributes you would have a pretty great player.

#234 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,878 posts

Already?

I'm easily amused.

Sheahan has promise. That's for sure. Not here yet, but he's doing pretty darn well for a try-out (which is essentially what he is today).

#235 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

I think he plays keep away alright and is where he needs to be, he just can't finish. Though that's only going off the few times I've noticed it was him
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#236 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

I always just imagine Olczyk sitting in the broadcast booth wearing a Hawks sweater and a Pens hat as he calls games.

I'm guessing he's just getting over being so nervous he feels like he has to poop.

i lol'd

#237 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

You know what I am now convinced that we need Datsyuk with Zetterberg going into the playoffs. Yes the Fil line has been fantastic, but Pavel's wrist must be hurting him pretty bad for Franzen to be taking faceoffs and Franzen NEVER wins a faceoff and that will kill us in the playoffs. To top that, Franzen coasts around too much to be playing with Pavs. If his wrist is hurting, the Eurotwins should be paired together and I still think Fil and Hudler would be able to hold their own on the 2nd line.

Datsyuk- Zetterberg- Bertuzzi (Bert would do a great job opening up ice for the Eurotwins)
Franzen- Filpulla- Hudler (The line has worked before and Fil is playing fantastically)

Like I said, with Pavel's wrist clearly bothering him, I think this is the best option going forward and would provide us a lethal first line and a pretty good second line. The fact of the matter is we have not been scoring goals lately... when that happens lines have to change.

#238 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

We have definitely flipped the switch. Outplaying them but down where it counts

My thoughts through the first 6 minutes. Then the goal and a bit of let down.

Wings need to get their offense going against a crap goalie. Playing Rinne is going to be tough enough without averaging only 1 GFA going in. Of course, if they plan on losing, it won't really matter <_<

#239 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

I think he is nervous. However, this is not an excuse for not even trying. Natural hockey talent is easily seen even in first NHL games. Shaahan showed nothing.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#240 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

You know what I am now convinced that we need Datsyuk with Zetterberg going into the playoffs. Yes the Fil line has been fantastic, but Pavel's wrist must be hurting him pretty bad for Franzen to be taking faceoffs and Franzen NEVER wins a faceoff and that will kill us in the playoffs. To top that, Franzen coasts around too much to be playing with Pavs. If his wrist is hurting, the Eurotwins should be paired together and I still think Fil and Hudler would be able to hold their own on the 2nd line.

Datsyuk- Zetterberg- Bertuzzi (Bert would do a great job opening up ice for the Eurotwins)
Franzen- Filpulla- Hudler (The line has worked before and Fil is playing fantastically)

Like I said, with Pavel's wrist clearly bothering him, I think this is the best option going forward and would provide us a lethal first line and a pretty good second line. The fact of the matter is we have not been scoring goals lately... when that happens lines have to change.

With that lineup, the third line of Nyquist- Abby- Cleary/Miller would be great.