• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

4/7 GDT : Blackhawks 3 at Red Wings 2

Rate this topic

Once it was tied, we were going to be in 5th. No way Nashville lose to Colorado if 4th place was on the line.

Not feeling great about our seeding ... good thing is that I can only be pleasantly surprised by the outcome of round 1.

Looking at the way #3 seed will turn out from the Pacific (PHX, LA, SJ), I'm actually happy we got Nashville. Steal a game in their barn and it's Detroit's series to lose. Plus if San Jose gets a play from Clowe off the bench, and the Sharks win. Then we can watch Chicago and them eliminate each other in a sure 7 game series.

Just another disgraceful ******* loss at home. This is ridiculous and especially to a slightly better than medicocre opponent with a medicore defense and goaltending. They made Crawford look great and the truth of the matter is he's no big deal and never has been. Where the hell is Illitch? Hopefully we'll be hearing from him after our early exit in the playoffs. He's the owner so let 'em do something about this fiasco and the jackasses that answer to 'em.

Who's hoping SJ wins the Pacific now? Chicago vs. San Jose; one ******-bag team will be knocked out for sure in the first round.

Eh don't care, they can end up in 8th and play Vancouver that would be fun to watch, also i think PHX can take the Hawks

UGH! How did I forget that extra negative. The travel to Phoenix would have been worse, same with watching late games, but at least there would have been plenty of Wings fans diluting their White Out nonsense. Nashville fans get their playoffs tickets free in packages of Donettes at the truck stop, do some asking around about this "hockey" in the line to get in, mouth-agape listening to opposing fans explain it.

And the lack of TV exposure this series will likely get.

It further blows my mind why anyone thinks any team is going to be easy or to prefer one over the other. Any team can beat another on any given night. I get that the Wings match up with certain teams better but we play who we are going to play and that's it. Only thing I was rooting for today was to hopefully get home ice, don't really care who we were to face Round 1.

This.

The Wings don't have a preference, us fans shouldn't. I don't know why everyone is tucking their tails and getting scared of Nashville. They're definitely a tough team, they're also definitely mortal and the Wings have faced better teams.

It will be fun to watch. I'll panic if the Wings are down two games at any point.

I don't understand people ragging on the city of Nashville. The Red Wings ARE from the city Detroit, which doesn't have a good reputation itself. It's a small market team that has had some success. It's not like they're Phoenix or Dallas, who have absolutely no fan base.

Just another disgraceful ******* loss at home. This is ridiculous and especially to a slightly better than medicocre opponent with a medicore defense and goaltending. They made Crawford look great and the truth of the matter is he's no big deal and never has been. Where the hell is Illitch? Hopefully we'll be hearing from him after our early exit in the playoffs. He's the owner so let 'em do something about this fiasco and the jackasses that answer to 'em.

I agree with going bold in the offseason, everyone is getting better and Holland cant stand pat (again). The Wings have a solid enough core to compete with some mey additions. I don't agree about your thoughts on this game. IMO, the Hawks defense and Crawford played a great game. The Wings stepped up and didn't come up in the stupidest way to end a game in all of sports.

I don't understand people ragging on the city of Nashville. The Red Wings ARE from the city Detroit, which doesn't have a good reputation itself. It's a small market team that has had some success. It's not like they're Phoenix or Dallas, who have absolutely no fan base.

Agreed, for a relatively new team they have good fans whether they are knowledgeable or not on the game itself they are there making noise, supporting the team. That arena gets pretty damn loud, should be a good one.

Edited by Yak19

And the lack of TV exposure this series will likely get.

Which I can't really fault NBC, Nashville is boring as s*** to watch. The games might be earlier than out West, but there is much more risk of dozing watching the Preds. Please, hockey gods, let Radulov go for a leisurely puck-watching float up the right wing boards leaving his zone...

Guest irishock

Chicago just pulled off the biggest trolljob in history.

-Lead 2-0 only to blow the lead with 35 secs to go

-Tanked for the 6th seed to get likely Phoenix or SJ

-Pulled their goalie with 15 secs to go, as if to give us a chance to win the game and get 4th

-goes to overtime, game doesn't even matter for them

-Kane does same move as Datsyuk, but scores

-Pulled their goalie with 15 secs to go, as if to give us a chance to win the game and get 4th

Agreed. They got what they wanted and on top of that they beat us.

Who's hoping SJ wins the Pacific now? Chicago vs. San Jose; one ******-bag team will be knocked out for sure in the first round.

Same thing would happen if Sharks met Vancouver in the first round. And it would also mean there'd be 50% less diving for the rest of the playoffs.

Facepalm*

the things some people convince themselves of

Have you been to a game in Nashville? They are the most ignorant hockey fans I have ever met. Most aren't even watching the game as they are too busy blowing their silly TooToo toy gazoos. LOL......I just rhymed.