699 replies to this topic

#641 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,061 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Barn is right.

Can't wait for the "Tootoo whistle" :hehe: Man this series is gonna suck.

#NOMOREKINDL

#642 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

I hope that makes it easier for me to get a ticket to one of the first two games.

#643 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Nashville in 6 hate to say it.

Blows my mind why they'd tie it up to face them instead of pheonix.

It further blows my mind why anyone thinks any team is going to be easy or to prefer one over the other. Any team can beat another on any given night. I get that the Wings match up with certain teams better but we play who we are going to play and that's it. Only thing I was rooting for today was to hopefully get home ice, don't really care who we were to face Round 1.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#644 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Nashville in 6 hate to say it.

Blows my mind why they'd tie it up to face them instead of pheonix.

Cuz a bunch of professionals aren't going to throw a damn game. And who said its gonna be pheonix it's not even determined yet

#645 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Pavel with a sick move, JUST MISSED... Hudler better not be used anymore in shootouts would someone please like to tell me why Babcock uses him over FIL?!?!? ALso, sick move by Patty Kane gotta give him props for that. Overall I think the Wings will be ready for the playoffs:

- Mike Babcock, for the love of God PLEASE keep Datsyuk and Zetterberg on the same line, whether it be with Bertuzzi or Nyquist... the second that switch was made the Wings came alive
- Franzen is at least looking a lot more determined at TRYING to make plays so that is a positive sign
- Our PK has been fantastic lately and whether you wanna admit it or not, our powerplay has not been that bad either. Think about it, I am pretty sure we have hit at least 1 post on our powerplay over the course of the past 6 or 7 games, including 2 posts today... I think the Wings will get it together
- Though Jimmy had a little rebound trouble today, he looks primed and ready

Lastly, everyone is so worried about Nashville having to play in their building but dont forget the fact that almost every time we play in their building during the season is on the 2nd night of a back to back so we are tired... lets see how they fair against us when rested. It will be a great series but I do not think Nashville can withstand the Wings.

#646 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Oh well its time boys and girls, the playoffs are here! Remember we beat Nashville in the 1st round back in 08 and what happened in that year??? :yowza:

The Real Season begins!

Never compare this team to the 08 team again

Posted Image

#647 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Yes, winning against a team the Wings went 3-3 against is now considered a miracle.

They have added significant pieces to their lineup though. And we do have a tendency to get shut down by good goalies and great defenses.

Let's hope the boys turn it on though.

#648 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:47 PM

If they can't beat Nashville in a 7 game series, they aren't good enough to win it all. I guess we'll see what this team is made of real soon.

#649 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

f*** it.... GO MINNESOTA!! GO SAN JOSE!! haha

#650 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:48 PM

I think the Wings went for it because of travel regardless of who that 3 seed would be, only thing that sucks about losing in the SO is that Nashville knows they have home ice and can rest players tonight.

Yes maybe Phoenix is the easier first round matchup but you can't think like that to win the Cup you will have to go through the best anyway, taking out all that travel in the first round can be beneficial.

#651 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Once it was tied, we were going to be in 5th. No way Nashville lose to Colorado if 4th place was on the line.

Not feeling great about our seeding ... good thing is that I can only be pleasantly surprised by the outcome of round 1.

#652 atodaso

atodaso

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Who's hoping SJ wins the Pacific now? Chicago vs. San Jose; one ******-bag team will be knocked out for sure in the first round.

#653 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

Any guesses on when our first game will be?

#654 JoeK35

JoeK35

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:51 PM

Looking at the way #3 seed will turn out from the Pacific (PHX, LA, SJ), I'm actually happy we got Nashville. Steal a game in their barn and it's Detroit's series to lose. Plus if San Jose gets a play from Clowe off the bench, and the Sharks win. Then we can watch Chicago and them eliminate each other in a sure 7 game series.

#655 Winged Wheel

Winged Wheel

Prospect

• 42 posts

Just another disgracefulf****** loss at home. This is ridiculous and especially to a slightly better than medicocre opponent with a medicore defense and goaltending. They made Crawford look great and the truth of the matter is he's no big deal and never has been. Where the hell is Illitch? Hopefully we'll be hearing from him after our early exit in the playoffs. He's the owner so let 'em do something about this fiasco and the jackasses that answer to 'em.

#656 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Umm no because then there is a good chance of having to play the sharks in round 2...

#657 Yak19

Yak19

-Playmaker Elite-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Who's hoping SJ wins the Pacific now? Chicago vs. San Jose; one ******-bag team will be knocked out for sure in the first round.

Eh don't care, they can end up in 8th and play Vancouver that would be fun to watch, also i think PHX can take the Hawks

#658 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,004 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Wasn't able to catch the game. How did the Sheahan kid look?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#659 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,846 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

UGH! How did I forget that extra negative. The travel to Phoenix would have been worse, same with watching late games, but at least there would have been plenty of Wings fans diluting their White Out nonsense. Nashville fans get their playoffs tickets free in packages of Donettes at the truck stop, do some asking around about this "hockey" in the line to get in, mouth-agape listening to opposing fans explain it.

And the lack of TV exposure this series will likely get.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#660 dats13owns

dats13owns

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

It further blows my mind why anyone thinks any team is going to be easy or to prefer one over the other. Any team can beat another on any given night. I get that the Wings match up with certain teams better but we play who we are going to play and that's it. Only thing I was rooting for today was to hopefully get home ice, don't really care who we were to face Round 1.

This.

The Wings don't have a preference, us fans shouldn't. I don't know why everyone is tucking their tails and getting scared of Nashville. They're definitely a tough team, they're also definitely mortal and the Wings have faced better teams.

It will be fun to watch. I'll panic if the Wings are down two games at any point.