• Please log in to reply
699 replies to this topic

#681 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you guys, obviously it sucks that we didn't finish the season stronger and I do hate relying on some sort of a playoff switch but if I can't hope for that, then there's not a lot to hope for. I believe that Rhinne is going to be all the difference in the series. If we can figure him out (no easy task) then we'll be ok. I don't think they've really got enough offense to be too afraid of and Weber and Suter can't be on the ice ALL the time. Matchups will be key, but I'm looking for a big series out of whichever line doesn't have to deal with that top defensive pairing. Wings in 6.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#682 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

I'm not disagreeing with you guys, obviously it sucks that we didn't finish the season stronger and I do hate relying on some sort of a playoff switch but if I can't hope for that, then there's not a lot to hope for. I believe that Rhinne is going to be all the difference in the series. If we can figure him out (no easy task) then we'll be ok. I don't think they've really got enough offense to be too afraid of and Weber and Suter can't be on the ice ALL the time. Matchups will be key, but I'm looking for a big series out of whichever line doesn't have to deal with that top defensive pairing. Wings in 6.

Anybody remember last year when we went into Phoenix in the first round against one of the top goalies from the regular season in Bryzgalov? We lit him up like a Christmas tree and that was with Z siting in the press box. Nashville doesn't scare me. Rinne has played 18 playoff games and has a .908 save %. The playoffs ARE different than the regular season
Do or do not. There is no try

#683 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:55 PM

Anybody remember last year when we went into Phoenix in the first round against one of the top goalies from the regular season in Bryzgalov? We lit him up like a Christmas tree and that was with Z siting in the press box. Nashville doesn't scare me. Rinne has played 18 playoff games and has a .908 save %. The playoffs ARE different than the regular season

This. Wings can win this series. It's amazing how So many people are already counting them out.

#684 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

I do believe so. He's got a SHUTfreakinOUT going.

How long has it been since the Wings were down 2-0 after 2 periods and came back to win? Gee... I sure wish I had a long-term memory.

Alas, I cannot help you there, Karen. I have approximately fourteen working brain cells left to work with. And I can hear them wheezing as I write. :lookaround:

We'll be playing Phoenix again...for what, the 3rd year in a row?

Not afraid of that team at all...

Don't know about that. I hope you're right, but they're picking up speed.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#685 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Only cause for concern; Nashville is physical.

A 7 game series against a physical team is not a great matchup for the Wings.

#686 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

Announcer just called it an "empty point" guess playing for home ice doesn't matter

And as Eddie speaks, you can just see Bobblehead McGuire doing his thing.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#687 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

this means we have to watch Kane come to a dead stop and stickhandle for 5 minutes before he shoots.

I lol'd.

#688 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:51 PM

Never compare this team to the 08 team again

I'm pretty sure the poster can do or say what he pleases? Still an open board, I think.

#689 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

+

#690 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

+

Rinne will be a lot tougher to solve than Bryz but I have faith the Wings can figure something out for him.

#691 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Hopefully we don't run into a hot goalie again :(
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#692 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Shows you how far we've fallen

Yeah: to 5th. 5th seed beating 4th seed = upset.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#693 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

I have faith, but I also have my doubts. I believe this team is capable when they show up. Unfortunately, they haven't been showing up. They've limped into the playoffs, winning only 7 games in their last 22. They weren't bad today, but they lack the ability to finish scoring chances against even the most mediocre goaltenders.

They have 3 or 4 days to prepare for Nashville. Lets hope they improve on all fronts, because that's where they are struggling.

#694 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

To those that know Nashville's roster well, did they get better defensively since last year or only better offensively?
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#695 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,841 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

my god how much did that wedding cost??

He's a member Of the boards and my old lab partner from chemistry he's a great guy.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#696 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

To those that know Nashville's roster well, did they get better defensively since last year or only better offensively?

I'd say they've improved all-around. They are better offensively than they have been, and the addition of Gaustad improves their bottom-six and for being a bit of a pylon at times, Hal Gill is a hell of a penalty killer and stay-at-home presence on their back end. I expect a very boring series when you consider that the Preds under Trots have always clogged up the middle and slowed the game down, with Rinne solid as a rock between the pipes. Add a shored up defense both on the blueline and up front to the Red Wings offensive woes, and it may be a chore to watch this series.

#697 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 11:15 PM

Ericsson was beastly today

#698 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

On a lighter note,there are plenty worse things than being a Red Wings fan. The Wings have a running record for most consecutive 100-pt seasons, as well as 21 straight playoff appearances. The Calgary Flames... not so much. I almost peed myself when I saw this headline on TSN's video section:

Attached File  sweetmediocrity.png   17.33KB   29 downloads

Haha 8th straight 90-pt season. Sweet, sweet mediocrity :D

#699 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Was at the game, team looked bored in the first two periods. Then like usual turned it on in the third.

Franzen...while he did score, was absolutely horrible...I seen in skate hard ONCE..That was getting back when the Hawks had a potential two on one developing.
NyQuist was going 100% every single shift. When I seen he was out there with Datsyuk and Zetterberg it was awesome. The kid is going to be real good.

#700 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

Was at the game, team looked bored in the first two periods. Then like usual turned it on in the third.

Franzen...while he did score, was absolutely horrible...I seen in skate hard ONCE..That was getting back when the Hawks had a potential two on one developing.
NyQuist was going 100% every single shift. When I seen he was out there with Datsyuk and Zetterberg it was awesome. The kid is going to be real good.

Ericsson was a brick wall, nothing was getting past him. He batted a few pucks out in mid air, he was Lidstrom-like. Made some great first passes. I really like our D. On NHL 12 I did a roster update and The Red Wings defence is a perfect 99