• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

What's Kenny Holland's Offseason Plan?

Rate this topic

I think we need to do something and have a massive shake up. I'll tell you what's wrong with me one mighty pissed off Wings fan. IF Kenny Boy is smart we'll get 6 top forwards but he isn't. What would you do?

Get players to enhance the core players on our team, not completely create an all new team, it'd take way too long to get a winning team out of it.

I hate to say this....As a Bears Fan it gave me pleasure to see the soul-less, shocked, out of touch look on FORMER GM Jerry Angelo's face after the Bears were taken in OT by the Denver Tebows last year....and Angelo is now GONE FROM CHICAGO.

If this series should end on Friday, and it gives Holland a soul-less, shocked, out of touch look to go in front of Mike and Marian Illitch and all of Detroit and explain what happened....I might cheer for him to get canned.

Since 2008 and 2009, when we lost The Drake, Lilja, Downey, McCarty, and others that contributed to our hitting stats and team grit, We've lost in the 2nd round twice to a team that covered our goalie in snow showers and didn't have to answer for it. and Now we're losing to a team that is well-coached, but we haven't punched them in the teeth over it. It is glaringly obvious to me, several others on this forum, and should be to YOU READING THIS NOW, that we need to have a 3rd line or 4th line that needs WRECKERS. Not goons, not speed guys, we need a 3rd line of guys who can:

1. Play the body and win in a collision

2. Shore up team grit

3. Stand up for Howard and stop the snow showering/running bs, because Howard is the only enforcer of the crease we seem to have.

4. Have enough puck handling ability to scoop the biscuit away from a hit player and transition down the ice.

I cannot excuse Franzen's contract. Yes, he led the team in goals. The team spreads the goals around, so we don't have any 30-40-50 goal scorers. Perhaps we need to goad Franzen into USING HIS SIZE MORE OFTEN. When you're big and strong like a mule, you should be able to motor over someone like a mule. a POWER FORWARD. Shanahan wasn't Mule's size, but he sure did play with heart and...Won in a collision and showed us some true grit while scoring goals....

The top 2 lines should be easier addressed. Z, Pasha, Franzenstein (if he can use his size) i would put as our top 3 forwards. Bert....I think Bert needs to get mean again or get out. Cleary's been injured/less than 100%, but by god you can't say he didn't try this series. Our forwards need to start crashing the net. Not just having our D check up and get closer to the dots to shoot rebounds. That leaves us open for odd man rushes.

oh, and some CENTERS WHO CAN WIN FACEOFFS.

As far as our D Corps/coaching, Lidstrom is either gone this year or next. Stuart is gone to California after this year. Smith needs to come up next year and STAY UP. Ericsson needs to PLAY LIKE THE BIG BODY HE IS (look to Fischer for guidance) Kronwall will keep murdering people. White needs to become more defensively disciplined. Otherwise he's Rafalski without the offensive upside making us forget about his defensive lapses. Who would we pick from this year's crop of FA d-men to try and replace or effectively conceal our upcoming even more glaring D Holes?

Nyquist-Datsyuk- ?

Filppula- Zetterberg- ?

Abdelkader- Helm- Eaves/Mursak (depending on eaves' health)

Bertuzzi- Konopka- Cleary

Let Hudler go. Trade Franzen, just get rid of that contract he's horrible

Suter- Ericsson

Kronwall- Smith

Quincey- White

Big, physical mean d-man as the 7th. Someone like Carkner

Let Stuart walk. I believe Lidstrom is done so thats why I left him off

Howard

Vokoun/someone to really push him

The 2 question marks im not sure, depending on cap. Preferably IMO Parise and Semin. Our top six needs a serious boost. probably unrealistic but I can dream.

I don't think we'll see anything major. This is still a great team with a chance at another cup, but with Hudler, Stuart, and Holmstrom gone, I can see Smith up full time and Parise signed. If we sign Parise, I can see Nyquist playing full time and somehow getting rid of Franzen to make room for him. I think all we need is a consistent 35-40 goal scorer.

If Lidstrom retires, we'll have more cap room. I'm good either way if he's back or calls it a career.

Z and Filp are going no where, I'm surprised people want to see them traded :blink:.

Sometimes first round exits, in the long run, are a good thing.

If it doesn't include shipping Franzen out of town then his plan sucks.

Yes Franzen needs to go! Completely useless

I don't think we'll see anything major. This is still a great team with a chance at another cup, but with Hudler, Stuart, and Holmstrom gone, I can see Smith up full time and Parise signed. If we sign Parise, I can see Nyquist playing full time and somehow getting rid of Franzen to make room for him. I think all we need is a consistent 35-40 goal scorer.

If Lidstrom retires, we'll have more cap room. I'm good either way if he's back or calls it a career.

Z and Filp are going no where, I'm surprised people want to see them traded :blink:.

Sometimes first round exits, in the long run, are a good thing.

I want Parise and Semin. One for Pav and one for Z haha. Get ride of that disgusting thing we call the Mule. What a waste

Yes Franzen needs to go! Completely useless

I want Parise and Semin. One for Pav and one for Z haha. Get ride of that disgusting thing we call the Mule. What a waste

You're about done if you legitimately want to trade pasha and sasha... jesus christ.. dry.gif

Add a top line scorer, then increase the size and nastiness of the bottom six. guys like prust, martin neil. The bottom six needs an identity, something it does very well, not this mishmash of players who suck, and do nothing overly well. Please bring in guys who will hit the hell out people, grind along the boards, inflict some pain on the other team. Our fourth line has becaome a ground for spare parts, not the true fourth line guys who actually bring one great aspect to the table!

Add a top line scorer, then increase the size and nastiness of the bottom six. guys like prust, martin neil. The bottom six needs an identity, something it does very well, not this mishmash of players who suck, and do nothing overly well. Please bring in guys who will hit the hell out people, grind along the boards, inflict some pain on the other team. Our fourth line has becaome a ground for spare parts, not the true fourth line guys who actually bring one great aspect to the table!

Yes. We need a speed energy line with guys like Helm, eaves, and Abdelkader. Then a 4th line of grinders like Prust, and Konopka, etc. We need to be tough to play against again.

Yes. We need a speed energy line with guys like Helm, eaves, and Abdelkader. Then a 4th line of grinders like Prust, and Konopka, etc. We need to be tough to play against again.

Not only do i think this would help us be a more complete team, but we wouldnt look dead when we lose. SOmetimes when the wings lose I am simply embarrassed and they should be too, real fourth line guys never quit and always bring 110%. Just from an entertainment standpoint it would be an upgrade, but adding to our fourth line would certainly round our team out.

Not only do i think this would help us be a more complete team, but we wouldnt look dead when we lose. SOmetimes when the wings lose I am simply embarrassed and they should be too, real fourth line guys never quit and always bring 110%. Just from an entertainment standpoint it would be an upgrade, but adding to our fourth line would certainly round our team out.

Yes I agree. If we lose lets make the team pay physically. I mean we do need the skill but we also need the grit that other teams have to wear down there d-men and top players. If it was up to me this would be lineup (up front) that I would ice next season.

Nyquist- Datsyuk- Semin

Filppula- Zetterberg- Parise

Abdelkader- Helm- Eaves

Prust/Glass/Moen- Konoka- Cleary

Unrealistic but I think that is an amazing forward group.

Probably adding Mikael Samuelsson as Datsyuk's sniper winger

No, no, no thats foolish. Jason Williams is a much better option. tongue.gif

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Parise

Nyquist-Filppula-Malone

Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Konopka-Eaves/Cleary

Mursak

Lidstrom-White

Kronwall-Quincey

Ericsson-B.Smith

Vandermeer

I don't think that is too unrealistic.

Looks pretty good to me. I like Semin over Malone, but I don't mind that lineup whatsoever. We need more right hand shots.

June 30: work on my "shocked and surprised" face for when I pretend to have had a plan that never really existed, I mean, a plan that was "incredibly sound," but fell through due to wholly and completely reasonable yet unforeseen reasons, blah blah blah, make something up on the spot about whatever happens. Russia, too expensive, irritable bowel syndrome, whatever it takes. It's time to shine.

No, no, no thats foolish. Jason Williams is a much better option. tongue.gif

Looks pretty good to me. I like Semin over Malone, but I don't mind that lineup whatsoever. We need more right hand shots.

The only thing is, what do we get in return for trading Franzen? A lot of people complain about Hudler, but I think Semin has a questionable work ethic, as well.

What do you think the chances are of adding Jordan Staal? I could see him being traded, he's a 2nd line player playing on the 3rd line. His cap hit is 4 mil and with crosby and malkin getting raises in 1 and 2 years they likely won't have the cap space for a 4 mil/yr 3rd liner. especially when you consider the work that needs to be done to their defense so they don't allow 20 goals in 3 games again next season.

Getting Staal allows you to play Z-D-Bert on the 1st line and Flip-Staal-Franzen on the 2nd line. Staal is a horse so Franzen can float around and do nothing still. Also, Staal instantly makes your PK better.

The only thing is, what do we get in return for trading Franzen? A lot of people complain about Hudler, but I think Semin has a questionable work ethic, as well.

Yes I'm really not sure what you could get for Franzen, because he has such a bad/long contract. As far as Semin I can't really argue, cause fact is that it is questionable. All I can say is I think the change of scenery would help, as well as being with a fellow Russian playmaker in Datsyuk. I can just imagine a motivated dynamic Semin playing with Pavel. Talk about unstoppable.

Edited by Flipper51