• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

What's Kenny Holland's Offseason Plan?

Rate this topic

This is going to be his most important off season in a very long time. He needs to hit on a top 4 defenseman, and a top 6 forward. I don't really have much in mind, all I know is this team in it's current state just won't be able to get it done.

Edited by Carman

What do you think the chances are of adding Jordan Staal? I could see him being traded, he's a 2nd line player playing on the 3rd line. His cap hit is 4 mil and with crosby and malkin getting raises in 1 and 2 years they likely won't have the cap space for a 4 mil/yr 3rd liner. especially when you consider the work that needs to be done to their defense so they don't allow 20 goals in 3 games again next season.

Getting Staal allows you to play Z-D-Bert on the 1st line and Flip-Staal-Franzen on the 2nd line. Staal is a horse so Franzen can float around and do nothing still. Also, Staal instantly makes your PK better.

Is he a UFA or are you talking trade?

Mr Ilitch isn't going to stand for this crap much longer, he'll be calling Kenny and Co into the office Sat morning

for some heart to heart's!!

Holland now is probably re-visiting all those so called trades he had in mind, this team needs a bonafide goalscorer

badly, the shots we have put on net is unreal for the return weve had in goals. Now just imagine if that old goat Hull

had have had 20% of those, this series would be over!

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Trade, next season is his contract year. If I'm the pens, I'd listen to some trade offers since they can't afford to resign him in 2013, at least not in my mind.

Yes I'd be willing to trade for Staal, I just don't see the Pens willing to trade with us.

This team is boned. Holland resigned Bert which was a huge mistake as he has done nothing but that so called fight against Weber. Franzen is useless and for being this big time playoff guy has done squat in the last 2 playoffs. If Lids leaves this team becomes seriously mediocre and I doubt Holland will be able to get anyone like Suter or Parise as any FA would obviously see the ship is sinking. Making the playoffs is meaningless if you just squander you opportunities not only at the end of the regular season but then in the playoffs. This team needs kids that have passion like many other teams have. All these old guys they keep resigning will get them no where.

When the Predators scored the first goal tonight I wanted to hang myself for recording this game and staying up late to watch the Wings fail to finish for 2 periods and then hand the Predators the game...again even though I know that is par for the course.

Add a top line scorer, then increase the size and nastiness of the bottom six. guys like prust, martin neil. The bottom six needs an identity, something it does very well, not this mishmash of players who suck, and do nothing overly well. Please bring in guys who will hit the hell out people, grind along the boards, inflict some pain on the other team. Our fourth line has becaome a ground for spare parts, not the true fourth line guys who actually bring one great aspect to the table!

Ahhh we do have those guys and their names are Helm and Eaves :blink: and unfortunately they are hurt.

Just throwing out a crazy idea, with the extra cap space we already have, a couple players with $2 mil contracts coming off the books, Lidstrom possibly retiring, the salary cap most likely going up again, what are the odds the Wings go after a big name like Iginla, Nash, Bobby Ryan or heck even Ovechkin? The first three are supposed to be on the move this summer and Ovechkin's value is the lowest its ever been, plus, I really think he needs to get on a different team since he appears to have worn out his welcome in Washington. Yeah, he has a HUGE salary, but all those factors I listed with players leaving, the cap going up... I think we could absorb that contract better than most teams. Just a thought. It sure would be nice to a have a bona fide goal scorer in the lineup.

The real s***ty thing isn't knowing Holland is going to do a damn thing, except sign some tired ass over the hill 3/4 liner and try to present him as the solution to our scoring touch(ala Modano) and probably some ex Red Wing (Sammy/WIlliams/Quincey) then give us some buls*** excuse about how he likes this team. f*** him for believing in his own hype!

The asking price was too? ***** you supposedly have a top 10 prospect pool and $6 million dollars, we won't see 95% of these prospects for another 10 years, so shut the f*** up and have the balls to make a ******* move for someone we can see.

Edited by ben_usmc

Bring in Chris Stewart!!!!! He was a healthy scratch the other day for S.L. and is a RFA, we can probably get him on the cheap since his fall from grace. This dude a beast and everything we want in Detroit, that would be step 1.

The only thing is, what do we get in return for trading Franzen? A lot of people complain about Hudler, but I think Semin has a questionable work ethic, as well.

Do the Leafs have anything worthwhile? They seem to like taking on and handing out bad contracts.

Holland will golf and will ice another decent skilled, regular season team. Vanilla. He needed to begin changing the team two years ago. The re-tooling days are over. He needs to do much more. I honestly don't think he has it in him. He will survive this year, but I bet he is a GM somewhere else by the beginning of the 14 15 season. Put a fork in him. He deserves a little bit of the sharp end of the stick. He built this one dimensional, well intended team. Get your clubs out! We will all have more time to golf for the next few years.

Bring in Chris Stewart!!!!! He was a healthy scratch the other day for S.L. and is a RFA, we can probably get him on the cheap since his fall from grace. This dude a beast and everything we want in Detroit, that would be step 1.

I wanted Chris Stewart so badly but despite his RFA status there is no way STL lets him go (let alone to their division rival).

Mr Ilitch isn't going to stand for this crap much longer, he'll be calling Kenny and Co into the office Sat morning

for some heart to heart's!!

Holland now is probably re-visiting all those so called trades he had in mind, this team needs a bonafide goalscorer

badly, the shots we have put on net is unreal for the return weve had in goals. Now just imagine if that old goat Hull

had have had 20% of those, this series would be over!

Mr Illitch is much more concerned with getting the Tigers a World Series then the Wings a cup, he has even said this.

I wanted Chris Stewart so badly but despite his RFA status there is no way STL lets him go (let alone to their division rival).

Pull another Yzerman, hell maybe we could even convince Yzerman to Mule while we are at it

As much as I like Stewart I think a more realistic player the Wings should look at is David Jones from Colorado. Obviously we all want Parise but I think Jones would be perfect for a 3rd line spot. Next season I'd love to see a 3rd line of Jones - Helm - Franzen

This would be sweet (assuming the worst happens) with bertuzzi and jones being interchangeable:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Zach Parise ($6.500m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / David Jones ($2.750m)

Johan Franzen ($3.955m) / Darren Helm ($1.200m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.000m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.250m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,708,712; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster):- $408,712

also, yes I realize it's slightly over the cap

Edited by mmamolo

When the Predators scored the first goal tonight I wanted to hang myself for recording this game...

Is it wrong that I busted out laughing at this? Serious hyperbole going on with this dude.

I bet Holland makes a power play move for Leino, then brings in Lilja to round out our D.

Is it wrong that I busted out laughing at this? Serious hyperbole going on with this dude.

I bet Holland makes a power play move for Leino, then brings in Lilja to round out our D.

Now that is funny!........ Or is it not funny????? I guess it's only funny if it doesn't happen.

Edited by pondrocket

He's under contract for 4 more seasons at $3.6 million per season...A bit pricey to say the least - however there's a considerable upside to his game, and you cannot deny there's a history of Maple Leaf Dmen finding a new life in the Motor City; Larry Murphy, Bob Rouse, and Jamie Macoun are examples.

Ah now thinking about it I would maybe do it. I watch quite a few Leafs games and he did struggle this year, but I can see some of that being the spotlight in Toronto, as well as the high expectations they have for him because of his first couple years. I don't love the salary but I can see him rounding into a shutdown d-man. Plus he is young and a right hand shot so I think I would pull the trigger on that deal.

Would love for our roster to be this if we are unable to get Suter and Lidstrom retires. Lots of trades and roster moves so totally unrealistic that this will happen, but I would love the team.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.000m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Zach Parise ($7.000m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Darren Helm ($1.600m) / Teddy Purcell ($2.363m)

Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Zenon Konopka ($1.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.100m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m)

Kyle Quincey ($3.000m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)

Brendan Smith ($0.875m) / Greg Zanon ($1.750m)

Matt Carkner ($1.000m) /

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,658,333; BONUSES: $37,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $1,641,667

Edited by Flipper51

If all it took in return was a Mule in decline - I too would pull the trigger on that deal...I must agree with ya - there were quite a few times throughout the season (especially the last several weeks of the season) where he looked as though he was lost in his own end of the ice; I'm guessing it was the atmosphere/pressure of playing in Toronto coupled with the fact that the team went down faster in the standings than beer at a frat party.

Schenn was said to have been available at the deadline, and there's a good chance he'll be made available at the draft...Youth, alot of upside, a right handed shot, plays physical/stands up for teammates, top 4 Dman potential...If Holland doesn't look at this kid with any seriousness - then I'm really lost.

Ya I think you have to at least look into that deal especially if we are unable to obtain Suter as a UFA. He adds a lot of potential and being in the Toronto area I can tell you that it is not an easy place to play whatsoever, especially for a young d-man with high expectations. Also if im correct I believe he and Datsyuk are really good buddies.

Lol I was just so mad that I stayed up to 2am to watch that debacle.