• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

What's Kenny Holland's Offseason Plan?

Rate this topic

I wouldn't be surprised if Holland says after the offseason that the difference between a first round exit and a Cup is a healthy Eaves

Don't forget Helm.

My God... Again I really hope Holland doesn't believe that Helm's absence from the series will lead Holland to believe the team doesn't need major changes.

If he doesn't get a sniper and a grinder, I'm jumping on the fire Kenny bandwagon.

He's going to need to do a lot more than that.

For the top six, ideally you want a shooter and a complimentary power forward/grinder to take care of the puck down low, basically a younger version of Bertuzzi's current job.

For the bottom six, oh man, that thing needs a major overhaul. Keep Helm... I think that's pretty much it. Look for upgrades for everyone else. I guess it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if they still had a healthy Eaves, a significantly improved Abdelkader, and perhaps Drew Miller. I'd also be open to using Mursak on the bottom six. I'm more concerned with speed than size when it comes to the bottom six. They really need to get faster and they really need to have more clutch abilities.

This is a wakeup call - Holland will be active this summer. With the cap already projected to be around 69-72 mill and these weaker markets getting deeper in the playoffs I think hes have a looser leash than most of us expect. Im proud of most of the boys - especially Hank, he was a warrior out there and left it all on the ice. Lids will be back healthy and rested. Kenny will get Datsyuk a stud to feeds pucks, hopefully snag a top tier dman for Lids to play with, hopefully a few of our young guns get a chance, and maybe we can shed some dead-weight for some 210lb+ good skating depth that can make us harder to play against.

Deep breaths folks.

He's going to need to do a lot more than that.

For the top six, ideally you want a shooter and a complimentary power forward/grinder to take care of the puck down low, basically a younger version of Bertuzzi's current job.

For the bottom six, oh man, that thing needs a major overhaul. Keep Helm... I think that's pretty much it. Look for upgrades for everyone else. I guess it wouldn't be the worse thing in the world if they still had a healthy Eaves, a significantly improved Abdelkader, and perhaps Drew Miller. I'd also be open to using Mursak on the bottom six. I'm more concerned with speed than size when it comes to the bottom six. They really need to get faster and they really need to have more clutch abilities.

I think Abdelkader is expendable at this point. He's an RFA, trade him away for someone that will finish his checks in the playoffs. I like Miller and Helm, but good riddens to Emmerton.

I think Abdelkader is expendable at this point. He's an RFA, trade him away for someone that will finish his checks in the playoffs. I like Miller and Helm, but good riddens to Emmerton.

Biggest thing I noticed about this game was the complete lack of hitting. WTF?

esteef

esteef

Yep. We need bangers and crashers in the bottom six. Cleary needs to be are 12th forward while Bert needs to be a healthy scratch at the start of next year.

Edited by Flipper51

esteef

Dude, how many times do I need to tell you? Hitting and grit has no effect whatsoever on playoff success.

In all seriousness, people with an objective view on this team saw this s*** coming a mile away. Can't dress a ballerina team full of floaters and expect to do anything in the playoffs.

I'd love to see who you'd think would be good to replace him.

It won't be anyone with his credentials, but a change is needed. It's gotten stale with Holland.

That's the point. I don't want to think he has life tenure as GM just because of previous successes. Sure looks that way now.