• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

What's Kenny Holland's Offseason Plan?

Rate this topic

I think Abdelkader is expendable at this point. He's an RFA, trade him away for someone that will finish his checks in the playoffs. I like Miller and Helm, but good riddens to Emmerton.

Miller is tall but he doesn't provide as much of a physical impact on the ice for my liking. He works really hard and he definitely puts effort into his checks but they're far from halfway scary. I'm not looking for the next Dallas Drake from him but I want the opposing dmen to have a little something to worry about.

I think Abdelkader is expendable at this point. He's an RFA, trade him away for someone that will finish his checks in the playoffs. I like Miller and Helm, but good riddens to Emmerton.

I honestly don't get why Abdelkader isn't more physical. You would think he'd at least try and throw his weight around. That could have gotten us some momentum.

Miller's good penalty killer and all, but he's soft as hell. He doesn't crash and bang either. And Emmerton's useless. These aren't the type of 3rd and 4th liners on Cup-winning teams.

Side note: John Keating just asked Holmstrom about retirement, and Homer replied angrily "You gotta be kidding, right?". Then he stormed off. :lol: Keating's such an idiot for asking it right after elimination. He's not going to get the same polite Nick Lidstrom responses from everyone.

Miller is tall but he doesn't provide as much of a physical impact on the ice for my liking. He works really hard and he definitely puts effort into his checks but they're far from halfway scary. I'm not looking for the next Dallas Drake from him but I want the opposing dmen to have a little something to worry about.

He had a good regular season, but disappeared in the playoffs. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we shipped him out.

I honestly don't get why Abdelkader isn't more physical. You would think he'd at least try and throw his weight around. That could have gotten us some momentum.

Miller's good penalty killer and all, but he's soft as hell. He doesn't crash and bang either. And Emmerton's useless. These aren't the type of 3rd and 4th liners on Cup-winning teams.

Side note: John Keating just asked Holmstrom about retirement, and Homer replied angrily "You gotta be kidding, right?". Then he stormed off. :lol: Keating's such an idiot for asking it right after elimination. He's not going to get the same polite Nick Lidstrom responses from everyone.

What a retard. Why do that to a guy that has absolutely gave it his all his whole career. Pathetic to see that happen to someone like Homer who busts his balls every night.

I haven't the foggiest idea. However, I don't know s*** about cars, but realize that you don't put radon gas in the tires.

Astute comparison.

It's amazing the amount of success the team has had with such an albatross of a GM for so long. And before you say it, no I'm not implying Holland shouldn't be criticized for moves the past few years and for actions he may make or not make in the offseason. But honestly, I can't think of many GMs in the NHL who are much better than Holland, let alone any who are available.

Most GMs that are having successes right now have had the virtue of high talent in draft picks (Even the all-mighty Polie was able to get all of Weber, Suter, Radulov, Rinne, among others with high draft picks). The fact is it will continue to be harder and harder for this team to be successful without finding high-talent drafted players, especially now that Hakan Andersson has much more competition than years past in Europe.

Here you go.

pierre-mcguire-h1000-headshot.hmedium.jpg

:lol: Touche.

Edited by Doc Holliday

Hearing Babcock's post game conference I believe that the roster is going to completely change. He said it just isn't working, and he cited the decline the past few years. I'm expecting our team to be great next year with a lot of fresh faces. I think Holland will give in and finally grow some balls in free agency again too.

Hearing Babcock's post game conference I believe that the roster is going to completely change. He said it just isn't working, and he cited the decline the past few years. I'm expecting our team to be great next year with a lot of fresh faces. I think Holland will give in and finally grow some balls in free agency again too.

Do you happen to have a link yet or no? Sounds like music to my ears.

Astute comparison.

It's amazing the amount of success the team has had with such an albatross of a GM for so long. And before you say it, no I'm not implying Holland shouldn't be criticized for moves the past few years and for actions he may make or not make in the offseason. But honestly, I can't think of many GMs in the NHL who are much better than Holland, let alone any who are available.

Most GMs that are having successes right now have had the virtue of high talent in draft picks (Even the all-mighty Polie was able to get all of Weber, Suter, Radulov, Rinne, among others with high draft picks). The fact is it will continue to be harder and harder for this team to be successful without finding high-talent drafted players, especially now that Hakan Andersson has much more competition than years past in Europe.

:lol: Touche.

Take Scotty Bowman out of the equation, Holland would of just been another GM. He gets way too much credit and not enough blame. What did he think was going to happen with this team?

Those of you citing Abdlekader's lack of physical play need to look at, what I feel is the main problem with this team. Too many guys are expected to play above their heads and in different roles. Due to injurys and lack of personnel.

The reason Abdlekader wasn't bombing guys is because he was needed to produce in other ways centering the third line. The third line was expected to score, Babcock said it himself.

I want Abby on the fourth line next year with Helm at center and a guy like Prust on the wing.

Edited by rick zombo

New offseason plan for Holland: Retire. You're old. You've gotten complacent. Get The f*** Out. Nill or Yzerman, new GM of the wings. After all, Yzerman built that team that took gold for Canada in 2010, not Gretzky.

I just don't think Tampa is ready to let go of him. Yzerman will get Tampa a goalie and they'll be back in the playoffs next year.

What a retard. Why do that to a guy that has absolutely gave it his all his whole career. Pathetic to see that happen to someone like Homer who busts his balls every night.

it's a business, we waited to long with Maltby, then Draper, and now Homer, who will we put on waivers for him? Seriously we appreciate and loyalty goes as far as giving him a job even after hockey. Are they supposed to wait until his ass is being pulled around in a wheel chair before they cut ties? He obviously doesn't have it anymore, thanks for the memories but it's a business.

Here's my offseason plan up front...

Fil------------Z--------NyQuist

Mule-------Pavel------Parise

Cleary-----Helm------Bert

Prust-----Konopka----Eaves

Holmstrom (this organization won't force him out)

Miller, Abdelkader (maybe one or both are expendable depending on Eaves' health and Homer's decision?)

Mursak, Emmerton (trade/fight for spot/waiver casualty)

The blueline is too muddled at this point. I really don't know which way to lean on Lidstrom's decision. And I highly doubt we have a realistic chance of signing Suter.

?-White

Kronwall-

Smith-Ericsson

Quincey (probably coming back; wasn't that impressive, but we gave up a 1st for him and he's still young)

Kindl (another year of 7th D-man or trade bait?)

And who's back-up?

Howard

?