• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LeonardSankar

What's Kenny Holland's Offseason Plan?

Rate this topic

If we are talking about Filppula, what about packaging him and Franzen to Anaheim for Perry? Would that be enough? Would you have to throw in Mursak? I am all for ANY trade getting Franzen the "F" out of Detroit...

Geesh, where's "The Realist" when you need him to tell me what's gonna happen and what would work and not be over or under payment?

(for the record, I am not advocating trading Filppula, but if a package gets someone like Perry or Nash in return, then ok)

If we are talking about Filppula, what about packaging him and Franzen to Anaheim for Perry? Would that be enough? Would you have to throw in Mursak? I am all for ANY trade getting Franzen the "F" out of Detroit...

Geesh, where's "The Realist" when you need him to tell me what's gonna happen and what would work and not be over or under payment?

(for the record, I am not advocating trading Filppula, but if a package gets someone like Perry or Nash in return, then ok)

Anaheim will not trade Perry. Especially not to Detroit.

Anaheim will not trade Perry. Especially not to Detroit.

Ya, I agree, but I don't think trading Filppula alone is going to get Detroit a great player, the other side of the sword is if Franzen is added in, then you would expect someone of Nash's or Perry's caliber in return...dunno, just keep them both and hope Franzen decides he wants to actually play someday.

Ya, I agree, but I don't think trading Filppula alone is going to get Detroit a great player, the other side of the sword is if Franzen is added in, then you would expect someone of Nash's or Perry's caliber in return...dunno, just keep them both and hope Franzen decides he wants to actually play someday.

Yeah, I guess we will be stuck with his 25-30 goals in the meantime and the cap space to sign another top 6 player.

Yeah, I guess we will be stuck with his 25-30 goals in the meantime and the cap space to sign another top 6 player.

I am just tired of his disappearing act. I guess if they actually land Parise and Franzen still nets 30 goals, it'll be ok, but I really need him to convince me he is for real again, especially come playoff time. I know he isn't really worried about what I think personally, but I would hope that he does care what his fans think about him, good or bad...he already said he doesn't care too much about the regular season. I really hope this changes, because I know (despite me trading him all over the forum) he will be a Red Wing next year and beyond and I hope he changes back into pre-serious contract Franzen...

I am just tired of his disappearing act. I guess if they actually land Parise and Franzen still nets 30 goals, it'll be ok, but I really need him to convince me he is for real again, especially come playoff time. I know he isn't really worried about what I think personally, but I would hope that he does care what his fans think about him, good or bad...he already said he doesn't care too much about the regular season. I really hope this changes, because I know (despite me trading him all over the forum) he will be a Red Wing next year and beyond and I hope he changes back into pre-serious contract Franzen...

We just forget that Franzen broke out when Datsyuk and Zetterberg potted 90+ points and the team was stacked like no other. Now that it is basically a less elite Datsyuk, a top 6 but not elite Zetterberg (arguably), Franzen, and Filpulla to lead the team on offense, his mistakes on the offensive end are magnified.

If Detroit signs Parise our top 6 players get a lot more space to do what they want. The only reason the second line with Zetterberg and Filppula worked was because Fil broke out in a way most of us probably weren't expecting.

Detroit does need a top sixer, though.

wow, I think you've already made it abundantly clear you want Franzen out. Way to hijack another thread.

In reference to what you said about Franzen I wouldnt be against it if it brought in the right player. To me, I would want someone other than Perry.

wow, I think you've already made it abundantly clear you want Franzen out. Way to hijack another thread.

In reference to what you said about Franzen I wouldnt be against it if it brought in the right player. To me, I would want someone other than Perry.

Hijack a thread asking what we think Holland should do this offseason, by saying Holland should trade Franzen this offseason? That's what you call a hijack? You probably believe a man in cave planned 9/11 too...

EDIT: Not like saying what I think Holland should do is off subject, but okay...

...anyhow, for the right player, yes, trade Franzen. It's just seems some "Realists" have a differing opinion of Franzen's worth and nobody else's opinion matters if they disagree. It's obvious I would not miss Franzen, but its not like he doesn't disappear half the season anyway. But I know he won't be traded...

Edited by LeftWinger

Hijack a thread asking what we think Holland should do this offseason, by saying Holland should trade Franzen this offseason? That's what you call a hijack? You probably believe a man in cave planned 9/11 too...

EDIT: Not like saying what I think Holland should do is off subject, but okay...

...anyhow, for the right player, yes, trade Franzen. It's just seems some "Realists" have a differing opinion of Franzen's worth and nobody else's opinion matters if they disagree. It's obvious I would not miss Franzen, but its not like he doesn't disappear half the season anyway. But I know he won't be traded...

:lol:

You are right. It was probably Johan Franzen.

2 minor trades that we should be making are Steve MacIntyre LW lhs and Hugh Jessiman RW rhs. The mins we give our 4th line we may as well have a couple of guys to keep the flies off as Babs says. Jessiman can actually play a bit and Mac would keep the opposing teams 'honest' ! With young Sheahan as the centre. That would be a nice big 4th line that could play 7-8 mins a game i would say.

Freep Article today says if Lidstrom comes back he may bring Holmstrom with him. :blink:

...and here we go. Nick and Homer re-sign, for whatever they want because Holland rewards loyalty instead of according to waning talent. Homer should retire and Lidstrom should tell Holland he will play one more year for a salary of whatever it takes to make this team super again...

http://www.freep.com/article/20120426/SPORTS05/204260576/red-wings-nicklas-lidstrom-tomas-holmstrom

Sounds good. As long as you don't have Parise/Suter in the thread title cause there's too many similar threads and people here are getting annoyed...other than that, can't wait for the insight.

Well, if it does come to fruition, I'll try not to disappoint!

How would you feel about moving Filppula for Jordan Staal? They've had similar point production through their careers but Staal is a more gritty style to Filpulla's finesse.

Staal was really good for the Pens against Philly. He was professional, hard-working. He did his job, didn't get sucked into the bulls***. Point being, no way do the Pens move him. (But then, I think the Wings could land Perry. So what do I know?)

[grainofsalt]I'm hearing whispers re: the captaincy. Specifically, that Crosby may try to redeem himself, or whatever, by giving the C to someone else - and not one of his alternates....[/grainofsalt]

Freep Article today says if Lidstrom comes back he may bring Holmstrom with him. :blink:

...and here we go. Nick and Homer re-sign, for whatever they want because Holland rewards loyalty instead of according to waning talent. Homer should retire and Lidstrom should tell Holland he will play one more year for a salary of whatever it takes to make this team super again...

http://www.freep.com/article/20120426/SPORTS05/204260576/red-wings-nicklas-lidstrom-tomas-holmstrom

I think that's just Helen St. James looking for an angle for the story. There's no quote from Lidstrom that implies that, just the one from Babs that asks the question.

And from the mlive article about roughly the same topic, there's this quote from Lidstrom regarding Homer's retirement.

Lidstrom, who also has yet to decide what the future holds for him, said he hasn't discussed the possibility of him and Holmstrom retiring at the same time.

"I don't think that will have any bearing on my decision," Lidstrom said. "I'm not sure Homer knows what he's going to do."

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/04/tomas_holmstroms_future_with_r.html

I think that's just Helen St. James looking for an angle for the story. There's no quote from Lidstrom that implies that, just the one from Babs that asks the question.

FWIW, Pav said the same thing in one of his interviews with the Russian writer who works for Puck Daddy. On some level it does make sense since they're such good friends and they've played together for so long.

I'd actually be curious to see how many goals they've combined for where Lidstrom was the primary assist maker. Chances are that goal was probably Lidstrom shooting the puck intentionally wide so that Homer could stick his dick out to deflect it. Yeah I said it.

FWIW, Pav said the same thing in one of his interviews with the Russian writer who works for Puck Daddy. On some level it does make sense since they're such good friends and they've played together for so long.

I'd actually be curious to see how many goals they've combined for where Lidstrom was the primary assist maker. Chances are that goal was probably Lidstrom shooting the puck intentionally wide so that Homer could stick his dick out to deflect it. Yeah I said it.

Holmstrom should be gone. We need 3 additional impact players to make a difference and bringing back players that are old and busted is not worth the money we pay to watch this team play. Lidstrom is the only UFA player I would bring back and it should be a discounted price since he is 42 years old and much more prone to injury.

The wings are loyal and I can appreciate that but there has to be a time where you have to let guys go. It's like having a new car that is great when you first get it and gives you years of service but if it keeps breaking down then it's time for a new car.

Holmstrom is like an old car that you love even though it leaks oil and starts only half the time.

I'll go with a less common suggestion: we need a big, strong shut-down centre who has elite face-off numbers. Helm's almost that guy but he's pretty small.

Kind of like a certain player Nashville obtained at the deadline? ;)

What a coincidence, Konopka is a UFA this summer.

What a coincidence, Gaustad is also a UFA this summer.

I would be ecstatic if we were able to obtain either of these two guys for our fourth line. I've wanted Konopka for a couple of years now.

I think the first litmus test is whether Lidstrom comes back or not. Whether he does or not says a lot about Holland's vision and plan for next year. If Lids feel inspired to come back for one more ... we can all have faith. But if after hearing from Kenny, even Lids doesn't believe in it and retires then we're likely to see a few years of drought coming. Lidstrom's decision is the first litmus test.

What a coincidence, Gaustad is also a UFA this summer.

I would be ecstatic if we were able to obtain either of these two guys for our fourth line. I've wanted Konopka for a couple of years now.

Gaustad would be great but he’s a flavour of the week type guy. Personally, I want signings that aren’t so obvious. I always find it cool when they go off the grid (Although I’d make an exception with Parise).

What the hell ever happened to the days of Holland bringing in hungry, unproven guys like Samuelson, Lilja, and Cleary? Did Kenny just get lucky?

I think the first litmus test is whether Lidstrom comes back or not. Whether he does or not says a lot about Holland's vision and plan for next year. If Lids feel inspired to come back for one more ... we can all have faith. But if after hearing from Kenny, even Lids doesn't believe in it and retires then we're likely to see a few years of drought coming. Lidstrom's decision is the first litmus test.

I see your logic. Lidstrom has already said that he feels he can play another season, and that it’s more of a question of weather or not the drive a motivation to excel is there. Kenny needs to excite the man.

Gaustad would be great but he’s a flavour of the week type guy. Personally, I want signings that aren’t so obvious. I always find it cool when they go off the grid

Gaustad is going to price himself out of our market, IF, he doesn't re-sign with Nashville. Remember, they gave up a lot to get him, chances are they try to keep him. Only exception would be if they win The Cup, and then he may become more expendable. But that would just raise his price that much more. I would think that we could sign Moen, Gregory Campbell, and Konopka for roughly the same price as we could get Gaustad. Those three in our bottom six would definitely make us a tougher team to play against. Of course, that's assuming that they make it to July 1st.

I don't think that fixes our sniper problem, but $3-4 million spent on support players, could really help pick up a team that seems to lose it's focus easily. Plus I'm sick of seeing us get run over, and nobody stands up for the team.