• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#201 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,178 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

I'd love to see who you'd think would be good to replace him.

It won't be anyone with his credentials, but a change is needed. It's gotten stale with Holland.

That's the point. I don't want to think he has life tenure as GM just because of previous successes. Sure looks that way now.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#202 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

Did they kick Burke out of Toronto yet?

#203 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

I haven't the foggiest idea. However, I don't know s*** about cars, but realize that you don't put radon gas in the tires.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#204 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Did they kick Burke out of Toronto yet?

I actually wouldn't mind Burke. At least he would ship out the soft lazy floaters and build a balanced team with skill and grit.

But im willing to give Holland a shot to redeem himself this offseason.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#205 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

I think Abdelkader is expendable at this point. He's an RFA, trade him away for someone that will finish his checks in the playoffs. I like Miller and Helm, but good riddens to Emmerton.

Miller is tall but he doesn't provide as much of a physical impact on the ice for my liking. He works really hard and he definitely puts effort into his checks but they're far from halfway scary. I'm not looking for the next Dallas Drake from him but I want the opposing dmen to have a little something to worry about.

#206 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,178 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

Here you go.

Posted Image
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#207 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I think Abdelkader is expendable at this point. He's an RFA, trade him away for someone that will finish his checks in the playoffs. I like Miller and Helm, but good riddens to Emmerton.

I honestly don't get why Abdelkader isn't more physical. You would think he'd at least try and throw his weight around. That could have gotten us some momentum.

Miller's good penalty killer and all, but he's soft as hell. He doesn't crash and bang either. And Emmerton's useless. These aren't the type of 3rd and 4th liners on Cup-winning teams.

Side note: John Keating just asked Holmstrom about retirement, and Homer replied angrily "You gotta be kidding, right?". Then he stormed off. :lol: Keating's such an idiot for asking it right after elimination. He's not going to get the same polite Nick Lidstrom responses from everyone.

#208 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

Miller is tall but he doesn't provide as much of a physical impact on the ice for my liking. He works really hard and he definitely puts effort into his checks but they're far from halfway scary. I'm not looking for the next Dallas Drake from him but I want the opposing dmen to have a little something to worry about.

He had a good regular season, but disappeared in the playoffs. I wouldn't be heartbroken if we shipped him out.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#209 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts

parise and suter

What am i missing? Why would Suter want to leave Nashville, a team on the rise, for Detroit, a team on the slide?

#210 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

I honestly don't get why Abdelkader isn't more physical. You would think he'd at least try and throw his weight around. That could have gotten us some momentum.

Miller's good penalty killer and all, but he's soft as hell. He doesn't crash and bang either. And Emmerton's useless. These aren't the type of 3rd and 4th liners on Cup-winning teams.

Side note: John Keating just asked Holmstrom about retirement, and Homer replied angrily "You gotta be kidding, right?". Then he stormed off. :lol: Keating's such an idiot for asking it right after elimination. He's not going to get the same polite Nick Lidstrom responses from everyone.

What a retard. Why do that to a guy that has absolutely gave it his all his whole career. Pathetic to see that happen to someone like Homer who busts his balls every night.

#211 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:33 PM

I haven't the foggiest idea. However, I don't know s*** about cars, but realize that you don't put radon gas in the tires.

Astute comparison.

It's amazing the amount of success the team has had with such an albatross of a GM for so long. And before you say it, no I'm not implying Holland shouldn't be criticized for moves the past few years and for actions he may make or not make in the offseason. But honestly, I can't think of many GMs in the NHL who are much better than Holland, let alone any who are available.

Most GMs that are having successes right now have had the virtue of high talent in draft picks (Even the all-mighty Polie was able to get all of Weber, Suter, Radulov, Rinne, among others with high draft picks). The fact is it will continue to be harder and harder for this team to be successful without finding high-talent drafted players, especially now that Hakan Andersson has much more competition than years past in Europe.

Here you go.

Posted Image

:lol: Touche.

Edited by Doc Holliday, 20 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

Posted Image

#212 NBCnothingbutcrosby

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hearing Babcock's post game conference I believe that the roster is going to completely change. He said it just isn't working, and he cited the decline the past few years. I'm expecting our team to be great next year with a lot of fresh faces. I think Holland will give in and finally grow some balls in free agency again too.
Not now chief, I'm in the zone.

#213 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:39 PM

Hearing Babcock's post game conference I believe that the roster is going to completely change. He said it just isn't working, and he cited the decline the past few years. I'm expecting our team to be great next year with a lot of fresh faces. I think Holland will give in and finally grow some balls in free agency again too.

Do you happen to have a link yet or no? Sounds like music to my ears.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#214 Hairy Lime

Hairy Lime

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Astute comparison.

It's amazing the amount of success the team has had with such an albatross of a GM for so long. And before you say it, no I'm not implying Holland shouldn't be criticized for moves the past few years and for actions he may make or not make in the offseason. But honestly, I can't think of many GMs in the NHL who are much better than Holland, let alone any who are available.

Most GMs that are having successes right now have had the virtue of high talent in draft picks (Even the all-mighty Polie was able to get all of Weber, Suter, Radulov, Rinne, among others with high draft picks). The fact is it will continue to be harder and harder for this team to be successful without finding high-talent drafted players, especially now that Hakan Andersson has much more competition than years past in Europe.

:lol: Touche.

Take Scotty Bowman out of the equation, Holland would of just been another GM. He gets way too much credit and not enough blame. What did he think was going to happen with this team?

#215 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

Kenny's plans? Accumulate more cap space! precious precious cap space.

#216 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Those of you citing Abdlekader's lack of physical play need to look at, what I feel is the main problem with this team. Too many guys are expected to play above their heads and in different roles. Due to injurys and lack of personnel.

The reason Abdlekader wasn't bombing guys is because he was needed to produce in other ways centering the third line. The third line was expected to score, Babcock said it himself.

I want Abby on the fourth line next year with Helm at center and a guy like Prust on the wing.

Edited by rick zombo, 20 April 2012 - 11:02 PM.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#217 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Here you go.

Posted Image

Again...

Posted Image

Admit it, I've trumped you.

#218 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

New offseason plan for Holland: Retire. You're old. You've gotten complacent. Get The f*** Out. Nill or Yzerman, new GM of the wings. After all, Yzerman built that team that took gold for Canada in 2010, not Gretzky.

I just don't think Tampa is ready to let go of him. Yzerman will get Tampa a goalie and they'll be back in the playoffs next year.

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#219 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

Offseason plan. Yzerman trades Stamkos to the wings for Franzen. Illitch fires Holland and brings Yzerman in. Wings win the Cup! One can dream!

#220 MDtizzle

MDtizzle

Jr. Prospect

• 17 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:06 PM

Kenny Holland's offseason plan: Keep sucking **** and signing a bunch of s***ty hockey players. He's good at them both