What's Kenny Holland's Offseason Plan?

• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#41 Rainman56

Rainman56

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:39 PM

No cap but why are the Penguins allowed to have Crybaby, Manikan, Neal, Stall, Dupis, Kuniz for starters? I guess Gary Buttman only allows his fav team to have scoring depth?

Glad I,m not the only one that views the Pens this way.....Bettman was kissing Marios @ss when he played and still is as an owner...

I hope the Flyers kick the $hit outta the Pens.............probally won,t happen due to Pitt getting pp,s out the ying yang.

Edited by Rainman56, 08 April 2012 - 04:41 PM.

#42 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

I am changing this team. I know they made the playoffs, showed a little heart, they almost made my 6th place prediction come true, so I am not happy with this team at all. They backed into the playoffs and pretty much have lost it's identity this season. I realize it was probably an expensive asking price on Trade Day, so I won't hold Holland too accoutable and noone can predict the injuries, but some of the players that were relied upon to step up, failed. This is all hypothetical and what I would want to see done. Prolly won't happen, even though it is affordable, but hey, I can want...

Lidstrom retires, Holmstrom retires, Stuart leaves. I am not re-signing Hudler and I am trading Mursak, Franzen, Cleary, Kindl and Emmerton. I will send Franzen + off to Dallas (he can star with Eriksson for the next 10 years) for Brenden Morrow then re-sign him for a longer deal, then acquire whatever I can draft pick wise for the rest. I am re-signing Abdelkader, Helm and Qunicey to discounted but longer term deals. I am then signing Suter for $6.5M long term, Parise $6.7M long term and Semin $5.0M long term. When I say long term I mean at least 5 yrs. I am promoting Smith and Nyquist full time, also Tatar/Sheehan will be up & down here for the 13th forward to rotate in and out. I am not sure on a 7th Defenseman, but I am sure a serviceable one will present itself.

For GRR I am signing Dekeyser for the D and I wanted to sign Jeremy Welsh but he was already plucked by Carolina...another miss for Holland.

Anyhow, here is my 2012-2013 roster:

FORWARDS

Zach Parise ($6.700m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($5.000m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg © ($6.083m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)

Brenden Morrow ($4.100m) / Darren Helm (@) ($1.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)

Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.866m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m)

Tomas Tatar ($0.840m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Niklas Kronwall (@) ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($6.500m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)

Joey MacDonald ($0.550m)

This actually leaves $973,000 available under the CURRENT Cap. Of course if the Cap drops (which I doubt considering the revenue the NHL is bringing in) then some numbers could be tweaked, but this roster is sitting pretty good as it stands...

You may like it or not, and I am sure you will tell me about it, but this team beats the current team hands down all season long AND in a series.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#43 Rainman56

Rainman56

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

This team needs some in your face toughness up front to go along with the talented guys.

#44 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 04:47 PM

... I am not re-signing Hudler ...

Why not? :pokey:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#45 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Unless Illitch is low on cash (totally possible) Parise is ours. Holland isnt adverse to offering huge contracts, look at Z and Mule. Those contracts arnt what youd call mediocre by any means.

Worth considering: Z and Mule were "in-house," so to speak. That is, they were already with us - and, of course, managing the "family system" is what Ken Holland's all about.

I think a better recent precedent for Parise is Hossa, maybe.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#46 LeonardSankar

LeonardSankar

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Glad I,m not the only one that views the Pens this way.....Bettman was kissing Marios @ss when he played and still is as an owner...

I hope the Flyers kick the $hit outta the Pens.............probally won,t happen due to Pitt getting pp,s out the ying yang.

I second that as I know the Wings won't win the Cup and my only hope for the playoffs is someone to knock off the Penguins and also don't want the Canucks to win as well.

#47 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#48 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

Too late! The Preds already have him!!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#49 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:53 PM

Zetterberg ($6M) - Datsyuk ($6.7M) - Antropov ($4M)
Hudler ($3.2M) - Filppula ($3M) - Bertuzzi ($2M)
Nyquist ($.875M) - Franzen ($3.9M) - Jurco ($.9M)
Miller ($.837M) - Helm ($1.9M) - Abdelkader ($1.5M)
Sheahan ($.9M)

Kronwall ($4.75M) - Suter ($7.5M)
Lidstrom ($6.2M) - White ($2.875M)
Smith ($.875M) - Ericsson ($3.25M)

Since everyone else is dreaming...

Edited by X13WINGS13X, 10 April 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#50 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:19 PM

Just addressing the forwards for now:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Nyquist
Parise-Filppula-Franzen
Tatar-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Abdelkader-Eaves

I just think overall Hudler had a great season but he's not nearly as scary to have in the top 6 unless he's paired with someone amazing (Z). I think as far as longevity goes it makes sense to have Z and Dats back together as they get older so that they don't both take the wear and tear of being a two way center on separate lines. They can just carry the load on one line and Fil has really shown he can hold the puck and play very well defensively so I give him second line center responsibility. Nyquist should be up full time next season and hopefully he can get stronger in the offseason. The best part of the lineup is the solid ass 4th line. Miller-Abby-Eaves is a great line that will put up points and be responsible out there. I also removed Cleary from the lineup in favour of Tatar.... I think cleary is really on a decline and will continue having issues with his knees for time to come. Might as well shed some salary to spend on the back end rather than hold onto him for sentimental purposes (I really love the guy but seriously we can do better for less money). Homer is kinda like Hudler in the sense that he is pretty ineffective on his own out there and needs a supporting cast to be effective. Its really hard to fit guys like that into a lineup as we are now seeing with our current "spare parts" fourth line. I just think its time for him to hang them up with all do respect. It just sucks trying to form line combos and just knowing that Hudler HAS to be in the top 6 to be effective and play with Z and Homer on any bottom 6 line is an anchor with little speed left in the legs - its nice to have guys you can move up and down the lineup without too much thought (kinda like cleary before his injury issues).

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#51 Chunkylover

Chunkylover

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

Getting out of the first round will help the Wings chances (by hurting Nashville's) of signing Suter I would think.

#52 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

Getting out of the first round will help the Wings chances (by hurting Nashville's) of signing Suter I would think.

For sure. If you can't beat em join em. Us winning is the perfect way to show Suter that the team still can't compete for a stanley cup.

#53 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

Too late! The Preds already have him!!

esteef

He's a free agent in the summer. Not sure if Nashville will hang onto him or not!
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#54 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

You know what, I was somewhat fine with just retooling the bottom six this off-season and the same top six. But they really need both. A slight infusion in the top six and then more of an overhaul for the bottom six.

#55 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,708 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

lets get nash. f*** it.

#56 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

lets get nash. f*** it.

How well would he fit in here? Serious question.

#57 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:56 PM

I would love nash but i dont think holland has it in him to actually pull a blockbuster move. I mean what was the last roster player we traded? Williams for Calder?

#58 Tr!PoD#19

Tr!PoD#19

Troll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,337 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Probably attend a golf tournament the day free agency opens. Panic when he realizes he forgot about it, acquire journeyman player, resign Holmstrom, Lidstrom, Osgood and Uwe Krupp.

#59 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

I would love nash but i dont think holland has it in him to actually pull a blockbuster move. I mean what was the last roster player we traded? Williams for Calder?

Well Nash also has 7.8mil cap hit.

#60 NHLrules?

NHLrules?

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Well Nash also has 7.8mil cap hit.

I trade Z to the east coast for some players with balls.

Dats is a much more complete player. Sorry, but thats a fact.

We could probably get a few good players and a pick for Z.

Ditch Hudler, and pick up a decent player and a pick for Filpula.

Bring up Smith and ditch White.

We have to rework the whole team now, before we miss the playoffs all together.