• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#61 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:02 PM

Right now I hope he's realizing how incomplete the team is.

#62 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:03 PM

The moneys there seeing as how lidstrom may retire, and to acquire nash id imagine filppula and a ass load more would have to be in the deal.

#63 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

I trade Z to the east coast for some players with balls.

Dats is a much more complete player. Sorry, but thats a fact.

We could probably get a few good players and a pick for Z.

Ditch Hudler, and pick up a decent player and a pick for Filpula.

Bring up Smith and ditch White.

We have to rework the whole team now, before we miss the playoffs all together.

I do agree that we need to trade Z but who would we get the best value from?

#64 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I love Nick, but when did he turn into Larry Murphy?
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#65 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

A very weak finish to this season may just entice Lidstrom to retire if he feels the team chances of winning a cup in the next year are not good. And that changes everything. There are FOUR teams in the West that are playing "Red Wing-like" hockey better than the Red Wings..... St. Louis, Nashville, Chicago and San Jose.
Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#66 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

I love Nick, but when did he turn into Larry Murphy?

Probably when he blocked a shot off his foot and had to miss a bunch of games I'd imagine

#67 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

You know what, I was somewhat fine with just retooling the bottom six this off-season and the same top six. But they really need both. A slight infusion in the top six and then more of an overhaul for the bottom six.

I think we need a Overhaul in General. Bring Parise in or bust. Don't resign Hudler, Try to trade Franzen, Flip or Z. Preferably Franzen.

Lidstrom needs to retire or come back for a MASSIVE pay cut. Trade Kindl and maybe White.

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan, 17 April 2012 - 10:17 PM.

#68 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,824 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Offseason plan?

Acquire Helm off the IR.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#69 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted Image

#70 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

I want Parise sooooo bad
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#71 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:26 PM

I want Parise sooooo bad

Think they would take Franzen for his rights? So badly wanna get rid of that contract

#72 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

The s*** has hit the fun after today's loss.

In all seriousness, I'm happy that people are seeing how incomplete this team really is. We need to beef up the bottom 6 and give it some identity. Franzen needs to go, unless he has some sort of transformation for the rest of the playoffs.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#73 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

I think we need a Overhaul in General. Bring Parise in or bust. Don't resign Hudler, Try to trade Franzen, Flip or Z. Preferably Franzen.

Lidstrom needs to retire or come back for a MASSIVE pay cut. Trade Kindl and maybe White.

You want to trade 2 of our top 3 players? Flip and Z carried this team for over half of the regular season, yet you blame them because we don't have the tools in our lineup to protect them and give them the opportunities they need? What the hell is wrong with you?

How about we finally get 6 top 6 forwards on the team instead of just 3? Trading away 2 of them kinda just puts us in a bigger hole.

Edited by Lonewuhf, 17 April 2012 - 10:38 PM.

#74 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Havnt read through the thread buy in my opinion his plan is "Our team is already really strong but the prices of players prevented us from making any signings."

#75 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

You want to trade 2 of our top 3 players? Flip and Z carried this team for over half of the regular season, yet you blame them because we don't have the tools in our lineup to protect them and give them the opportunities they need? What the hell is wrong with you?

How about we finally get 6 top 6 forwards on the team instead of just 3? Trading away 2 of them kinda just puts us in a bigger hole.

I think we need to do something and have a massive shake up. I'll tell you what's wrong with me one mighty pissed off Wings fan. IF Kenny Boy is smart we'll get 6 top forwards but he isn't. What would you do?

#76 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:52 PM

I think we need to do something and have a massive shake up. I'll tell you what's wrong with me one mighty pissed off Wings fan. IF Kenny Boy is smart we'll get 6 top forwards but he isn't. What would you do?

Get players to enhance the core players on our team, not completely create an all new team, it'd take way too long to get a winning team out of it.

#77 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

Holland makes offseason plans?

Have I missed something the last few years?

Oh, right...
-Elliot...does not panic.

#78 Hiei

Hiei

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:56 PM

I hate to say this....As a Bears Fan it gave me pleasure to see the soul-less, shocked, out of touch look on FORMER GM Jerry Angelo's face after the Bears were taken in OT by the Denver Tebows last year....and Angelo is now GONE FROM CHICAGO.

If this series should end on Friday, and it gives Holland a soul-less, shocked, out of touch look to go in front of Mike and Marian Illitch and all of Detroit and explain what happened....I might cheer for him to get canned.

Since 2008 and 2009, when we lost The Drake, Lilja, Downey, McCarty, and others that contributed to our hitting stats and team grit, We've lost in the 2nd round twice to a team that covered our goalie in snow showers and didn't have to answer for it. and Now we're losing to a team that is well-coached, but we haven't punched them in the teeth over it. It is glaringly obvious to me, several others on this forum, and should be to YOU READING THIS NOW, that we need to have a 3rd line or 4th line that needs WRECKERS. Not goons, not speed guys, we need a 3rd line of guys who can:

1. Play the body and win in a collision
2. Shore up team grit
3. Stand up for Howard and stop the snow showering/running bs, because Howard is the only enforcer of the crease we seem to have.
4. Have enough puck handling ability to scoop the biscuit away from a hit player and transition down the ice.

I cannot excuse Franzen's contract. Yes, he led the team in goals. The team spreads the goals around, so we don't have any 30-40-50 goal scorers. Perhaps we need to goad Franzen into USING HIS SIZE MORE OFTEN. When you're big and strong like a mule, you should be able to motor over someone like a mule. a POWER FORWARD. Shanahan wasn't Mule's size, but he sure did play with heart and...Won in a collision and showed us some true grit while scoring goals....

The top 2 lines should be easier addressed. Z, Pasha, Franzenstein (if he can use his size) i would put as our top 3 forwards. Bert....I think Bert needs to get mean again or get out. Cleary's been injured/less than 100%, but by god you can't say he didn't try this series. Our forwards need to start crashing the net. Not just having our D check up and get closer to the dots to shoot rebounds. That leaves us open for odd man rushes.

oh, and some CENTERS WHO CAN WIN FACEOFFS.

As far as our D Corps/coaching, Lidstrom is either gone this year or next. Stuart is gone to California after this year. Smith needs to come up next year and STAY UP. Ericsson needs to PLAY LIKE THE BIG BODY HE IS (look to Fischer for guidance) Kronwall will keep murdering people. White needs to become more defensively disciplined. Otherwise he's Rafalski without the offensive upside making us forget about his defensive lapses. Who would we pick from this year's crop of FA d-men to try and replace or effectively conceal our upcoming even more glaring D Holes?

"Hit em with your purse, ya *****!" - Random Wings fans shouting at Franziska

#79 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:58 PM

Nyquist-Datsyuk- ?
Filppula- Zetterberg- ?
Abdelkader- Helm- Eaves/Mursak (depending on eaves' health)
Bertuzzi- Konopka- Cleary

Let Hudler go. Trade Franzen, just get rid of that contract he's horrible

Suter- Ericsson
Kronwall- Smith
Quincey- White

Big, physical mean d-man as the 7th. Someone like Carkner

Let Stuart walk. I believe Lidstrom is done so thats why I left him off

Howard
Vokoun/someone to really push him

The 2 question marks im not sure, depending on cap. Preferably IMO Parise and Semin. Our top six needs a serious boost. probably unrealistic but I can dream.

#80 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,824 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Trade Zetterberg?

You kidding?

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman