• Please log in to reply
567 replies to this topic

#81 CrimsonFlame

CrimsonFlame

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

If it doesn't include shipping Franzen out of town then his plan sucks.

#82 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,941 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:11 PM

I don't think we'll see anything major. This is still a great team with a chance at another cup, but with Hudler, Stuart, and Holmstrom gone, I can see Smith up full time and Parise signed. If we sign Parise, I can see Nyquist playing full time and somehow getting rid of Franzen to make room for him. I think all we need is a consistent 35-40 goal scorer.

If Lidstrom retires, we'll have more cap room. I'm good either way if he's back or calls it a career.

Z and Filp are going no where, I'm surprised people want to see them traded :blink:.

Sometimes first round exits, in the long run, are a good thing.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#83 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

If it doesn't include shipping Franzen out of town then his plan sucks.

Yes Franzen needs to go! Completely useless

I don't think we'll see anything major. This is still a great team with a chance at another cup, but with Hudler, Stuart, and Holmstrom gone, I can see Smith up full time and Parise signed. If we sign Parise, I can see Nyquist playing full time and somehow getting rid of Franzen to make room for him. I think all we need is a consistent 35-40 goal scorer.

If Lidstrom retires, we'll have more cap room. I'm good either way if he's back or calls it a career.

Z and Filp are going no where, I'm surprised people want to see them traded :blink:.

Sometimes first round exits, in the long run, are a good thing.

I want Parise and Semin. One for Pav and one for Z haha. Get ride of that disgusting thing we call the Mule. What a waste

#84 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:16 PM

Think they would take Franzen for his rights? So badly wanna get rid of that contract

He's UFA anyway
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#85 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:17 PM

Yes Franzen needs to go! Completely useless

I want Parise and Semin. One for Pav and one for Z haha. Get ride of that disgusting thing we call the Mule. What a waste

You're about done if you legitimately want to trade pasha and sasha... jesus christ.. Posted Image

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#86 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

He's UFA anyway

Thats my point. I just wanna lose that contract haha

You're about done if you legitimately want to trade pasha and sasha... jesus christ.. Posted Image

No not trading them man. I want one on Pavs wing and one on Z's wing

#87 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

Add a top line scorer, then increase the size and nastiness of the bottom six. guys like prust, martin neil. The bottom six needs an identity, something it does very well, not this mishmash of players who suck, and do nothing overly well. Please bring in guys who will hit the hell out people, grind along the boards, inflict some pain on the other team. Our fourth line has becaome a ground for spare parts, not the true fourth line guys who actually bring one great aspect to the table!
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#88 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:25 PM

Add a top line scorer, then increase the size and nastiness of the bottom six. guys like prust, martin neil. The bottom six needs an identity, something it does very well, not this mishmash of players who suck, and do nothing overly well. Please bring in guys who will hit the hell out people, grind along the boards, inflict some pain on the other team. Our fourth line has becaome a ground for spare parts, not the true fourth line guys who actually bring one great aspect to the table!

Yes. We need a speed energy line with guys like Helm, eaves, and Abdelkader. Then a 4th line of grinders like Prust, and Konopka, etc. We need to be tough to play against again.

#89 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:29 PM

Here is Hollands checklist.

1. Fire the entire coaching staff.
2. Sit on my hands July 1+
3. Fire myself
4. ????
5. Profit?

#90 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Yes. We need a speed energy line with guys like Helm, eaves, and Abdelkader. Then a 4th line of grinders like Prust, and Konopka, etc. We need to be tough to play against again.

Not only do i think this would help us be a more complete team, but we wouldnt look dead when we lose. SOmetimes when the wings lose I am simply embarrassed and they should be too, real fourth line guys never quit and always bring 110%. Just from an entertainment standpoint it would be an upgrade, but adding to our fourth line would certainly round our team out.
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#91 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Not only do i think this would help us be a more complete team, but we wouldnt look dead when we lose. SOmetimes when the wings lose I am simply embarrassed and they should be too, real fourth line guys never quit and always bring 110%. Just from an entertainment standpoint it would be an upgrade, but adding to our fourth line would certainly round our team out.

Yes I agree. If we lose lets make the team pay physically. I mean we do need the skill but we also need the grit that other teams have to wear down there d-men and top players. If it was up to me this would be lineup (up front) that I would ice next season.

Nyquist- Datsyuk- Semin
Filppula- Zetterberg- Parise
Abdelkader- Helm- Eaves
Prust/Glass/Moen- Konoka- Cleary

Unrealistic but I think that is an amazing forward group.

#92 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:39 PM

Hopefully finding a job.

#93 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:45 PM

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Parise
Nyquist-Filppula-Malone
Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Konopka-Eaves/Cleary
Mursak

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Quincey
Ericsson-B.Smith
Vandermeer

I don't think that is too unrealistic.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#94 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:48 PM

Probably adding Mikael Samuelsson as Datsyuk's sniper winger

bringit.jpg

#95 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Probably adding Mikael Samuelsson as Datsyuk's sniper winger

No, no, no thats foolish. Jason Williams is a much better option. Posted Image

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Parise
Nyquist-Filppula-Malone
Abdelkader-Helm-Bertuzzi
Miller-Konopka-Eaves/Cleary
Mursak

Lidstrom-White
Kronwall-Quincey
Ericsson-B.Smith
Vandermeer

I don't think that is too unrealistic.

Looks pretty good to me. I like Semin over Malone, but I don't mind that lineup whatsoever. We need more right hand shots.

#96 gcom007

gcom007

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,149 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

June 30: work on my "shocked and surprised" face for when I pretend to have had a plan that never really existed, I mean, a plan that was "incredibly sound," but fell through due to wholly and completely reasonable yet unforeseen reasons, blah blah blah, make something up on the spot about whatever happens. Russia, too expensive, irritable bowel syndrome, whatever it takes. It's time to shine.
-Elliot...does not panic.

#97 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:54 PM

Whatever you do, SIGN Helm to a 3 yr deal !!
Say goodbye to Conk and go with Joey Mac

#98 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:55 PM

No, no, no thats foolish. Jason Williams is a much better option. Posted Image

Looks pretty good to me. I like Semin over Malone, but I don't mind that lineup whatsoever. We need more right hand shots.

The only thing is, what do we get in return for trading Franzen? A lot of people complain about Hudler, but I think Semin has a questionable work ethic, as well.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#99 stevie for president

stevie for president

Red Blings

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:57 PM

What do you think the chances are of adding Jordan Staal? I could see him being traded, he's a 2nd line player playing on the 3rd line. His cap hit is 4 mil and with crosby and malkin getting raises in 1 and 2 years they likely won't have the cap space for a 4 mil/yr 3rd liner. especially when you consider the work that needs to be done to their defense so they don't allow 20 goals in 3 games again next season.

Getting Staal allows you to play Z-D-Bert on the 1st line and Flip-Staal-Franzen on the 2nd line. Staal is a horse so Franzen can float around and do nothing still. Also, Staal instantly makes your PK better.

#100 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:00 AM

The only thing is, what do we get in return for trading Franzen? A lot of people complain about Hudler, but I think Semin has a questionable work ethic, as well.

Yes I'm really not sure what you could get for Franzen, because he has such a bad/long contract. As far as Semin I can't really argue, cause fact is that it is questionable. All I can say is I think the change of scenery would help, as well as being with a fellow Russian playmaker in Datsyuk. I can just imagine a motivated dynamic Semin playing with Pavel. Talk about unstoppable.

Edited by Flipper51, 18 April 2012 - 12:02 AM.