• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings meet Preds in First Round

Rate this topic

1 point in today's game assures they will meet. Question is 4th or 5th seed. Chicago wins so Nashville gets home ice.

Schedule:

Wednesday, April 11, 2012: [8 pm EST] Detroit @ Nashville (CNBC, CBC)

Friday, April 13, 2012: [7:30 pm EST] Detroit at Nashville (CNBC, CBC)

Sunday, April 15, 2012: [Noon EST] Nashville at Detroit (NBC, CBC)

Tuesday, April 17, 2012: [7:30 pm] Nashville at Detroit (NBC Sports Network, CBC)

*Friday, April 20, 2012: [8 pm] Detroit at Nashville (CNBC, CBC)

*Sunday, April 22, 2012: [Time TBD] Nashville at Detroit (TBD)

*Tuesday, April 24, 2012: [TBD] Detroit at Nashville (TBD)

Edited by Tim.D

They just need to go in there, steal game one and say we're the Detroit Red Wings, this isn't going to be a cakewalk.

I root for a Thursday start and not Weds just for the extra day of rest and preparation. Totally winnable if they choose to play a 60 minute game series.

So if we stay tied with Nashville after their game tonight, we still sit in the 5 spot?!? We have one more win overall, less OT wins, and the season series was tied.... How does it make sense that the tie-breaker goes to Nashville?

Did they change the rules, I thought they went off points, then overall wins as the first tie breaker?

Can't wait to watch Skillzy haul down Datsyuk and Zetterberg left and right and not get called once like in 2009 <_<

Should be an interesting series, I don't have a ton of confidence in this team right now. But they've proven that the flicking of the switch is actually real with them, so bring on Game 1.

All you that are predicting Nashville to win , please exit right and don't watch anymore because it just won't be worth your time.

I couldn't agree with you more. I could never bet against the Wings. They played the Preds tight all season. If they can get their road game going, then they'll be fine. Wings in 6. They'll show Suter/Weber why they should come and play for the Wings. GO WINGS!!!

They just need to solve Rinne and do it quick, take his confidence and start working the rest of the team from there.

These names make me feel safe: Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Howard and hopefully Helm sooner than later. That group has has moderate success in the playoffs :-).

Guest Heaten

They just need to solve Rinne and do it quick, take his confidence and start working the rest of the team from there.

These names make me feel safe: Lidstrom, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Howard and hopefully Helm sooner than later. That group has has moderate success in the playoffs :-).

Datsyuk has Rinne's number. Red Wings are going to school Nashville... Preds are out of their league agaisnt a superior and veteran DRWs.

I find it amusing how almost everyone here and in the hockey world in general think that Preds are gonna beat the Wings... and more than that they act like the Preds are gonna run the Wings over. Well lets think about some things here.

- More proven team? The Wings

- More forward depth? The Wings

- More defense depth? The Wings (yes they have Sutter and Weber but guess what we have nick lidstrom and other dmen that are very effective... the Preds cannot say the same)

- Better goalie? The Preds (but Howard is still a very good goalie)

Clearly the Wings have the advantage in almost every aspect. We are superior down the middle, can create line combos that the Preds cannot compete with. Having said that, they are a very well defensively structured team. I think that Babs should start the playoffs with the lines we ended with today, meaning Eurotwins on the top line because I honestly do not think that the Preds can answer that. IT will be a hell of a good series, but I am saying Wings will win in 6 and upset almost everyone.

Lastly, I am happy everyone is saying the Wings are done because it takes the pressure off them and they can actually be the team to pull an "upset" for once. I am looking forward to this series and I truly think the Wings will come out on top.