Guest irishock

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8 p.m. Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:30 pm Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC

Sunday, April 15, 2012 Noon Nashville at Detroit NBC, CBC

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:30 pm Nashville at Detroit NBC Sports Network, CBC

*Friday, April 20, 2012 8 p.m. Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC

*Sunday, April 22, 2012 TBD Nashville at Detroit TBD

*Tuesday, April 24, 2012 TBD Detroit at Nashville TBD

Two possible Sunday noon games at the Joe? It's going to be rockin'.

This guy posting about Nashville makes me laugh. Anyways, it'll be a good series. Tough fought with maybe one game not being decided by one. End result i think the Wings will take it in 6.

Red wings take first game, nash responds and the series is tied going to Detroit. I think the Wings take both at home but will be rough games. Nashville takes game 5 at home but Detroit clinches at home and wins the series.

Guest Tip Back A Few Ginger Ales

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8 p.m. Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC

Friday, April 13, 2012 7:30 pm Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC

Sunday, April 15, 2012 Noon Nashville at Detroit NBC, CBC

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:30 pm Nashville at Detroit NBC Sports Network, CBC

*Friday, April 20, 2012 8 p.m. Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC

*Sunday, April 22, 2012 TBD Nashville at Detroit TBD

*Tuesday, April 24, 2012 TBD Detroit at Nashville TBD

So no more local coverage of the playoffs? I can't stand the national guys.

I'm pretty sick and tired of people calling out Wings fans who can read the writing on the wall. Some of us can take off our homer glasses and see that the way we've been playing (ie. very sh*tty) the last 2 weeks, we're not going to get out of round 1. All the evidence that I've seen in the last 2-3 weeks, show that they can't 'flip the switch' or they would have already to get #4 seed to secure home ice advantage. Does it need to be said that we are sh*tty on the road? Damn, some of you must still believe in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.

Will I ever bet against them, no. Will I still cheer for them, of course. Do I think they will win this series ... no. Does that make me a fair weather bandwagon fan ... NO. I guess we'll have to come back to this thread in 2 weeks to see who will eat crow.

Whhhhhhhhat. No tooth fairy?????

Ok, not being a homer here at all but do you KNOW this team? Do you watch the games? They are a statistically better team then Nashville. We have had a million injuries and still managed to not collapse. We have played crappy the last few weeks but no one wants Datsyuk to be doing cartwheels while healing a newly surgically repaired knee....rest a bit because the PLAYOFFS are coming!!

I am not suggesting that this Nashville team is an easy team to play. They will play us hard,they will try and push us with physical play but in the end, we have more weapons. We are a better team and this is the playoffs. We are a different team in the playoffs.

I am not a homer...just a fan who Kiowa this team and know what they can do in playoff hockey. Wings in 6.... I stand by that! Bring it ON

Pretty sure we will get local coverage in first two rounds as always, (be it we make it to Round 2) they never really put down the local feeds when its a national broadcast schedule.

Guest Tip Back A Few Ginger Ales

Pretty sure we will get local coverage in first two rounds as always, (be it we make it to Round 2) they never really put down the local feeds when its a national broadcast schedule.

I thought maybe with the new agreement between the NHL and NBC that NBC took over all rights to the playoff games because they have several networks that they can broadcast on. Maybe it was NBC will broadcast all playoff games but the local markets can still broadcast early rounds for their respective teams. We'll soon find out. I don't want to hear Edzo slobber all over the Hawks if they happen to play the Wings or when they play the Coyotes. That guy is a major tool.

I guess I should throw in my prediction. It will be a close series. These teams are evenly matched, despite what this vandy guy is saying, and the season series shows that. Each game was tightly contested and came down to the very end. This series will be a grind but it will be entertaining hockey. I say Wings in 6 after they steal Game 1 in Nashville. The switch will be flipped.

Guest Heaten

I thought maybe with the new agreement between the NHL and NBC that NBC took over all rights to the playoff games because they have several networks that they can broadcast on. Maybe it was NBC will broadcast all playoff games but the local markets can still broadcast early rounds for their respective teams. We'll soon find out. I don't want to hear Edzo slobber all over the Hawks if they happen to play the Wings or when they play the Coyotes. That guy is a major tool.

I guess I should throw in my prediction. It will be a close series. These teams are evenly matched, despite what this vandy guy is saying, and the season series shows that. Each game was tightly contested and came down to the very end. This series will be a grind but it will be entertaining hockey. I say Wings in 6 after they steal Game 1 in Nashville. The switch will be flipped.

The only reason why Wings are playing nashville is because Red Wings lost $25million worth of talent down the stretch due to injuries. Remember when they had to ice a 3rd tier goalie and had a top 4 of AHL defenseman for a month? Red Wings were the hottest team in the west. As they slowly got healthy, the team played 'not to get injured'.

I don't think home ice matters as much as health. Red Wings are more healthy going into this playoffs than last year... And they will get more healthy as the series rolls on.

I think Ericsson is going to take a huge step forward this series. His 3 games back he has been more physical and really good defensively and yesterday I noticed some great first passes. He knows he has to clear creases and be more physical and I believe he will at least try and do what is asked of him. In the games he's been back its been Lidstrom>Ericsson>Kronwall>Stuart>White>Quincey and I think Quincey will get better and better. I like our D and our offence has the potential to light up the Preds but they haven't been playing that way for the past month or so. If our forwards get out of their slump then I think our speed will kill the Preds.

Rinne is the Preds best player. Just gotta get him frustrated. Kill the head, and the body will fall

I believe we're tied 3-3 for the regular season with them. I don't know/remember how many games Rinne was in net, but whatEVER. We CAN beat them. I remember those last two minutes in OT against the Blues and our guys looked so good. Anything's possible. ANYTHING. :clap:

This is, imo, the best all around team the Preds have iced, and Rinne is capable of stealing a game or two. However, I firmly believe that the Wings will win this series if: they draw first blood in most games. Playing catchup in the third is draining. Rinne is a good goalie, but if you break the seal once and maintain pressure you can generally get a couple more.

Howard is rounding into form. Our D is better overall. Lidstrom is the man, nuff said. The first time Radulov skates down the right side with his head down, Kronwall will introduce himself. I have a feeling this playoffs is going to be Ericsson's coming out party. Franzen, Zetterberg, and Pavel will step up in a big way and the return of Helm will be a big sparkplug for the Wings.

Wings in six!

Fair enough. But as a fan of the Wings, why would you come on the fan website like LGW and proclaim that your team is going to lose. What is the point of that? There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism but what is the point of non-constructive criticism? Internet forums are being over-run with haters and name callers.

Maybe because in their honest opinion, they don't think we can beat Nashville. It's okay to think that, and it doesn't make them an un-fan. Obviously if we end up beating the Preds, they'll have crow to eat, but that's on them then. If we don't win, I don't think they'll be going around saying, "Haha, told you so!"

Sometimes being a fan means being able to view things without the homer shades. The Red Wings aren't perfect, they have faults, and they f*** up from time to time. Acknowledging that is okay. I don't understand why the "in" thing to do around here is go around questioning why other are people are fans, or outright declaring that someone isn't. Seems like a colossal waste of time.

Maybe because in their honest opinion, they don't think we can beat Nashville. It's okay to think that, and it doesn't make them an un-fan. Obviously if we end up beating the Preds, they'll have crow to eat, but that's on them then. If we don't win, I don't think they'll be going around saying, "Haha, told you so!"

Sometimes being a fan means being able to view things without the homer shades. The Red Wings aren't perfect, they have faults, and they f*** up from time to time. Acknowledging that is okay. I don't understand why the "in" thing to do around here is go around questioning why other are people are fans, or outright declaring that someone isn't. Seems like a colossal waste of time.

I think it stems from not just thinking we may lose the series, or saying it, that is fine, but to go around being supremely negative about it isn't going to help the situation. When people come on here to get the latest Wings news and show some comradery, only to be confronted by a rash of people that supposedly support the Wings running around saying they are doomed. It's okay to think we are not going to win, it's okay to say we need to step it up, but when those same people fail to support the team they say they love, well, then their motives become questionable. It's pretty apparent around here that when the going gets tough, we have quite a few fans who quit on their team. That's not the way it works, on or off the ice.

I think it stems from not just thinking we may lose the series, or saying it, that is fine, but to go around being supremely negative about it isn't going to help the situation. When people come on here to get the latest Wings news and show some comradery, only to be confronted by a rash of people that supposedly support the Wings running around saying they are doomed. It's okay to think we are not going to win, it's okay to say we need to step it up, but when those same people fail to support the team they say they love, well, then their motives become questionable. It's pretty apparent around here that when the going gets tough, we have quite a few fans who quit on their team. That's not the way it works, on or off the ice.

I can understand being frustrated with fans like that, you find them in all fandoms, for all teams, in all sports. It's annoying. I don't like them anymore than anyone else here does. I don't do the uber-uber-negativity, mostly because it's fruitless and I don't want to read it from other people, so I don't want said people to read it from me. That said, I don't think I have the authority and/or the gravitas to go around saying so-and-so is not a fan because I said so and here's why. I think that's just as silly and ridiculous as the naysayer/doom-and-gloom posters who think the Red Wings will never win another game until the Mayan Apocalypse.

I can understand being frustrated with fans like that, you find them in all fandoms, for all teams, in all sports. It's annoying. I don't like them anymore than anyone else here does. I don't do the uber-uber-negativity, mostly because it's fruitless and I don't want to read it from other people, so I don't want said people to read it from me. That said, I don't think I have the authority and/or the gravitas to go around saying so-and-so is not a fan because I said so and here's why. I think that's just as silly and ridiculous as the naysayer/doom-and-gloom posters who think the Red Wings will never win another game until the Mayan Apocalypse.

Notice I said we have fans that quit on their team when the going gets tough. They're still fans, just not very supportive ones. I'm not going to lie, I yell and say all kinds of things to players and the team as a whole watching games, it has been frustrating to watch the last few months, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to call the team out on a fan forum or try and sway somebody else's opinion of the team based on my own.

That being said, Wings in 6. LGRW!

Will be on FSD as well

Game 1 - Wed, April 11 at Nashville, 8p ET (FSD, CNBC, CBC)

Game 2 - Fri, April 13 at Nashville, 7:30p ET (FSD, CNBC, CBC)

Game 3 - Sun, April 15 at Detroit, 12p ET (NBC, CBC)

Game 4 - Tue, April 17 at Detroit, 7:30p ET (FSD, NBCSN, CBC)

Game 5* - Fri, April 20 at Nashville, 8p ET (FSD, CNBC, CBC)

Game 6* - Sun, April 22 at Detroit, TBD

Game 7* - Tue, April 24 at Nashville, TBD

*If Necessary

Programming Note: Every game that isn't on NBC will be on FSD. For those of us outside of Detroit, there is no Center Ice coverage and we will be relegated to the national broadcasts only.

EDIT: Link wouldn't post properly so quoted from www.wingingitinmotown.com

Edited by Wing Across The Pond

Nashville in 4. Our Defense is weak, we have forwards that turn the damn puck over all the time, along with defensive errors over and over. Oh yeah, our Powerplay is nonexistant and they happen to have the best power play at home. Did I mention the fact this team is 17-21-3 on the damn road................... Game, Set, Match. Sorry Folks.

Thanks for the confidence builder, now you can be one of the ones that exits right. No Debbie Downers allowed.

2007: 3 Western teams in 3 series (Calgary, San Jose, Anaheim) WCF LOSS

2008: 1 Western team in 4 series (Nashville, Colorado, Dallas, Pittsburgh) CUP WIN

2009: 1 Western team in 4 series (Columbus, Anaheim, Chicago, Pittsburgh) SCF LOSS

2010: 2 Western teams in 2 series (Phoenix, San Jose) WCSF LOSS

2011: 2 Western teams in 2 series (Phoenix, San Jose) WCSF LOSS

Travel is a huge factor in success or failure, especially as the Wings core players get older. Some might argue that the difference between a Cup win in 2008 and a Game 7 loss in 2009 could be equated to a difference between a 4 game sweep of Colorado and a 7 game battle with Anaheim.

I'm glad we are playing the Predators. Lets hope the Wings get some things sorted out between now and Wednesday, come out hungry and ready to shock Nashville at home! Lots of folks counting out the Wings, and I admit, I'm a bit too realistic to be extremely optimistic, but anything can happen. We'll have to see which team shows up Wednesday night.

Here's hoping the DETROIT *freaking* RED WINGS show up!