• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings meet Preds in First Round

Rate this topic

Anybody out there bored enough to put together a highlight video of our six games against Nashville this year? It would be rad to do some "scouting" before Wednesday.

On a different note, I just remembered that I'm going to be in Nashville on Friday for the As Cities Burn reunion show. Unfortunately it starts at 9 (8 ET) so I'll miss most of the game.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

preds in 5 or 6

prove me wrong wings.

prove. me. wrong.

Guest irishock

I don't get why a lot have Preds in 5. Do people seriously think the Wings will lose all three road games and win just one home game? And even in 6 games is stupid. The Preds will NOT close out the series at the Joe. They can only win this if it goes to 7 games imo.

I'd say if the Wings can split one of two in Nashville, they can easily win both home games as they've done all year long. And then we'd have a 3-1 series lead with 3 attempts to close it out.

Edited by irishock

Also,

I'm in Pennsylvania. So, am I correct in saying there's no way I'll be able to watch the first two games? If so, ultra-lame.

So am I. NBC has four networks to broadcast on so we won't be out of luck I'm pretty sure. Worst case they should have a feed on nbcsports.com

Also,

I'm in Pennsylvania. So, am I correct in saying there's no way I'll be able to watch the first two games? If so, ultra-lame.

We have Directv, and they say the first two games will be on CNBC, which is Ch. 355, the business channel. SO far, there's no change from regular programming on either our TV or on their online schedule. It had better show up soon. :ranting: I've emailed both CNBC and Directv. We shall see...we shall see...

So am I. NBC has four networks to broadcast on so we won't be out of luck I'm pretty sure. Worst case they should have a feed on nbcsports.com

Thank you kindly. :)

I missed the last two postseasons altogether. I think the four NBC networks thing is new to me...or else my memory's just that shoddy.

preds in 5 or 6

prove me wrong wings.

prove. me. wrong.

The Wings haven't been playing well at all, and I'll be the first one to admit it/point it out, but come on. No way this team goes down in 5.

Besides the bottom 6 forwards, the Wings have the personnel to win a cup under the right circumstances (travel, health, effort, puck luck). The only question is whether or not everyone shows up come Period 1 Game 1 Round 1. This is the same team that lost 15 of 22 to end the season, but its also the same team that was leading the league two months ago. The playoffs are a whole different monster, just a much chance for let downs on the part of hot regular season teams.

I understand people being a bit doubtful given the circumstances, but even at its worst, this team will not drop in 5. At its best, this team could win in 5. We'll see how it goes...

DETROIT RED WINGS in 6.

All you that are predicting Nashville to win , please exit right and don't watch anymore because it just won't be worth your time.

So no one is allowed to have an opinion other than Red Wings are Gods and they will win it all? Do you honestly believe they are going to throw a switch and become the team that you, everyone and Holland believes this team is? I hope they have one of those switches, but the team that I watched since the trade deadline has shown me nothing to prove they are going to win anything. Even after they returned from injury, this team still lacked something. I really hope they show up and I hope they look into their hearts and actually play like it matters, because guess what, now it does. I hope the 2011 Red Wings show up and not the 2012 ones...

Since 1994, I've never ever ever ever thought that we would lose. This is the first year that I don't really have much confidence in the team. Too many 1/2 broken players, too many mental mistakes and lack of execution. If Howard plays the best hockey of his life and one of our role players gets streaky and two of either Dats, Z, Fil or Mule carry the team on their back, we limit the turnovers to less than 1/10 of our passes and while we don't allow for any odd man rushes, we will win, however I predict we lose in six.

I really hope they don't lose in the first round, but they have looked mediocre at best as of late with terrible lapses in defensive coverage.

I've been pissed off about the loss they handed to us back on December 15th. Now, we realize how monumental that game was. For those that didn't see it, we kicked their ass the whole game. The Wings held on to the puck all night. Rinne had 37 quality saves. We went 2/2 on the powerplay and went into the 3rd with a 3-2 lead. At that time, the defence was tight and the team was playing with a ton of poise and confidence. And then came Weber :/ Weber had two goals a power-play blast with 4:24 left in the 3rd and a blue-line flukey knuckler three minutes later. Had we won that game, we would have home ice. HUGE.

The best "X" factor is Filpula seems to really elevate his game when he plays opposite to Rinne.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!

Edited by servo

The Preds are a good team this year and it's going to be a very tough, long and close series. I do think the Wings will prevail though, as I feel pretty confident with this team. Sure, they've lost a lot down the stretch here, but I saw effort in their last several games, I saw fight. If they put the effort and heart into this series like I know they can, they will take it.

With that said, I'm excited for this series and I can't wait for Game 3 on Sunday! Just snagged up two 7th row lower bowl tickets behind Rinne.

preds in 5 or 6

prove me wrong wings.

prove. me. wrong.

Just because you look like Tootoo, Ryan? :P

Thank you kindly. :)

I missed the last two postseasons altogether. I think the four NBC networks thing is new to me...or else my memory's just that shoddy.

For people living outside Detroit, this TV schedule kind of sucks.

Hardly any nationally televised games.

I'm sorry if anyone posted this already but every ESPN "Expert" picked Preds in 7

http://espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/7772345/experts-picks

What experts?

All they ever talk about is basketball and Tom Brady's hair.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Just because you look like Tootoo, Ryan? :P

For people living outside Detroit, this TV schedule kind of sucks.

Hardly any nationally televised games.

What experts?

All they ever talk about is basketball and Tom Brady's hair.

LOL... I'm picking wings in 6 but if we want any chance to win this series we must get at least 1 of the first 2 in trashville

So no one is allowed to have an opinion other than Red Wings are Gods and they will win it all? Do you honestly believe they are going to throw a switch and become the team that you, everyone and Holland believes this team is? I hope they have one of those switches, but the team that I watched since the trade deadline has shown me nothing to prove they are going to win anything. Even after they returned from injury, this team still lacked something. I really hope they show up and I hope they look into their hearts and actually play like it matters, because guess what, now it does. I hope the 2011 Red Wings show up and not the 2012 ones...

I can't wait for the wings to blow your mind buddy...its the playoffs FFS! You really think they are gonna mail it in? What team have u been cheering for all your life dude? This team is gonna give it their all and with the talent they have its not gonna be easy for Nashville to win this series, esp in 5 games (wtf) Its CUP or BUST for this team!

Can't wait for the wings to show up all you haters.

Who's that guy? Johan Franzen? There's a Johan Franzen on this years team, but I don't think its the same guy. Hmmmm?

(You forced me to go back and watch the 2008 championship video, so thanks :D)

Who's that guy? Johan Franzen? There's a Johan Franzen on this years team, but I don't think its the same guy. Hmmmm?

(You forced me to go back and watch the 2008 championship video, so thanks :D)

Is this from the standard championship dvd? I think I have the special edition one and it's just the entire finals series without all the cool highlights/commentary. I have the one from 2002 that is like this and it's amazing.

Edited by Yzermania

The talk from The media about big bad Nashville is already out of hand. Geez. I just want the Puck to drop already because hearing all the idiots on hfboards and NHL network is making my stomach turn.

All national pundits I've seen have Detroit going down in 6 or 7. One of the guys on the NHL Network preview show said Wings in 7, but that's about it. GOOD. I prefer when the Wings aren't favored by the talking heads. Hopefully the diminished pressure gives the Wings that chip on their shoulder which they really need to succeed, and the perceived lighter pressure allows them to get on their game. The Wings can play in STFU-mode, while the Predators get to experience something new and scary: the weight of high expectations.

Is this from the standard championship dvd? I think I have the special edition one and it's just the entire finals series without all the cool highlights/commentary. I have the one from 2002 that is like this and it's amazing.

Don't know exactly what its called, but its just the basic NHL-produced championship DVD, same as they did for 1997, 1998, and 2002, with Chelios' buddy who played Dr. Cox on "Scrubs" :P I didn't end up getting the box set with the Finals series in it.