• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#21 SoupSnake

SoupSnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:13 PM

Fil seems to play really well against the Preds. Hopefully he will be the difference maker in this series. I can't really see us being intimidated by the Preds which is a nice way to start the Playoffs.

#22 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

God, this is going to be ugly.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#23 wings_fanatic

wings_fanatic

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

I find it amusing how almost everyone here and in the hockey world in general think that Preds are gonna beat the Wings... and more than that they act like the Preds are gonna run the Wings over. Well lets think about some things here.

- More proven team? The Wings
- More forward depth? The Wings
- More defense depth? The Wings (yes they have Sutter and Weber but guess what we have nick lidstrom and other dmen that are very effective... the Preds cannot say the same)
- Better goalie? The Preds (but Howard is still a very good goalie)

Clearly the Wings have the advantage in almost every aspect. We are superior down the middle, can create line combos that the Preds cannot compete with. Having said that, they are a very well defensively structured team. I think that Babs should start the playoffs with the lines we ended with today, meaning Eurotwins on the top line because I honestly do not think that the Preds can answer that. IT will be a hell of a good series, but I am saying Wings will win in 6 and upset almost everyone.

Lastly, I am happy everyone is saying the Wings are done because it takes the pressure off them and they can actually be the team to pull an "upset" for once. I am looking forward to this series and I truly think the Wings will come out on top.

#24 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

nashville in 6

prove me wrong wings
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#25 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,826 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:15 PM

I hope there will be lots of OT's.

We're really good at those in the playoffs.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#26 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:38 PM

Nashville in 4. Our Defense is weak, we have forwards that turn the damn puck over all the time, along with defensive errors over and over. Oh yeah, our Powerplay is nonexistant and they happen to have the best power play at home. Did I mention the fact this team is 17-21-3 on the damn road................... Game, Set, Match. Sorry Folks.

#27 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

Ansar Khan tweeted that Babs said Helmer will be back for game 2

#28 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Nashville in 4. Our Defense is weak, we have forwards that turn the damn puck over all the time, along with defensive errors over and over. Oh yeah, our Powerplay is nonexistant and they happen to have the best power play at home. Did I mention the fact this team is 17-21-3 on the damn road................... Game, Set, Match. Sorry Folks.

Omg..

#29 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,142 posts

LOL
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#30 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 628 posts

The Wings CAN beat the Preds. But they will have to play with lots of heart and lots of effort. ( which has been an issue most of the season ) The Wings need to come out with all their guns blazing in game one because if the Preds get the jump I think it will be over in 5. Win it all for Lidstrom boys!

#31 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

Lol?

Not sure if serious :/

The only reason why Nashville is close to Detroit in the standings is because Datsyuk, Lidstrom, Franzen, helm, Ericsson, and Eaves have been out for a significant amount of time. They coast 55 minutes per game to avoid, yet, more injuries during the meaningless regular season.

Red Wings (when healthy) are by far the superior team. gonna be lots of disappointed folks on this message forum when Detroit flip the switch and come out blazing.

Edited by Heaten, 07 April 2012 - 03:47 PM.

#32 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

All you that are predicting Nashville to win , please exit right and don't watch anymore because it just won't be worth your time.

this won't be a easy series for the wings,just go ask the ducks and canucks

Bridgestone arena will be rocking for game 1

Geaux Preds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

The Wings CAN beat the Preds. But they will have to play with lots of heart and lots of effort. ( which has been an issue most of the season ) The Wings need to come out with all their guns blazing in game one because if the Preds get the jump I think it will be over in 5. Win it all for Lidstrom boys!

My thoughts also. If the Preds get the jump then the Red Wings only win game 3 at home. The Red Wings need to start game 1 with smash-mouth hockey and not take the foot off their throat the whole series.

Nashville does worry me because of the roster additions they made at the trade deadline. They are not the same team the Red Wings handled earlier in the year.

Fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up. :(

#34 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

we can definitely win this series if we put in the effort. this isn't a mismatch like the sharks, we aren't historically bad against the preds and should win this series.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#35 brennan17

brennan17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:52 PM

this won't be a easy series for the wings,just go ask the ducks and canucks

Bridgestone arena will be rocking for game 1

Geaux Preds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't remember the nucks having many issues against the press last year to be honest lol

Edited by brennan17, 07 April 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#36 Scrappy's Servant

Scrappy's Servant

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Datsyuk has Rinne's number. Red Wings are going to school Nashville... Preds are out of their league agaisnt a superior and veteran DRWs.

I guess you don't know too much about Nashville then...they live to do ANYTHING better then the Wings...I assure you they will be 100 times more geared up for this series then we will, we are "The Bar" so to speak as to where they wanna be..and keep in mind they are starting at home in front of their fans who feel the same way..Nobody is gonna "school" anybody in this series. Heck, they are more then thrilled just to finally finish ahead of the Wings for the first time ever, it's a big deal to them.

It all depends which Wings team shows up that will decide the series...if its the team that was playing as hard during the home record streak then I like our chances...if its the team thats been around since after the streak thinking they can just flip a switch whenever they want to start playing, then it will be a short series for us.

Edited by Scrappy's Servant, 07 April 2012 - 03:57 PM.

#37 Itchin' to go

Itchin' to go

Jr. Prospect

• 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Driving to game 4 of the Wings-Sharks series last year, I told my wife "well at least we get to see the last Wings game of the year"

They might have lost that series, but this team proved to me then that its loaded with heart and character thats not always easy to see. I'm not overconfident as a Wing fan, but you'd be nuts to be overconfident as a Preds fan.

Wings in 7

#38 wingfanatic4alltime

wingfanatic4alltime

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

Wings in 6. All you fake fans picking nashville go away.
IN KENNY WE TRUST!!

#39 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,560 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 05:57 PM

Well, they dug themselves a hole (no home ice through the playoffs most likely) and now they have to live in it. Everything hinges on their ability to win on the road now.

I guess you don't know too much about Nashville then...they live to do ANYTHING better then the Wings...I assure you they will be 100 times more geared up for this series then we will, we are "The Bar" so to speak as to where they wanna be..and keep in mind they are starting at home in front of their fans who feel the same way..Nobody is gonna "school" anybody in this series. Heck, they are more then thrilled just to finally finish ahead of the Wings for the first time ever, it's a big deal to them.

It all depends which Wings team shows up that will decide the series...if its the team that was playing as hard during the home record streak then I like our chances...if its the team thats been around since after the streak thinking they can just flip a switch whenever they want to start playing, then it will be a short series for us.

This is what I'm afraid of. To Nashville, the Wings are an arch-rival. A benchmark.

To the Wings, Nashville is just another team. I certainly hope heart and motivation isn't lacking on the Wings roster.

I do think Wings in 6, though.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#40 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Hudler will dominate this series.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."