• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Tim.D

Wings meet Preds in First Round

Rate this topic

If you don't think the Preds have the offensive firepower to win games, just ask the Hawks. They had a 4-0 lead and the next thing you know it is 4-4. Now they're goaltending is suspect for Corey Crawford still trumps Jimmy Howard.

And do you even know who our other defenseman are?! They're not big names like Weber and Suter but they'll match the physicality and toughness of anything Detroit will throw out there.

You win big games by defense and goaltending. Both of which we are tops in the league. Our defense is at least even if not better and our goaltending is on another level. Howard can't hold Rinnes jock. That's not opinion. That's fact. BTW Preds end reg season one itch number 1 PP. top 10 in GS, GA, PK, PP.

This is going to be an all out war and I for one can't wait

Let the superstitions begin..and the trolling..and the so called Wing's fans who are picking the Preds to win, I mean it's one thing to actually think the Preds are going to win but it's another to bring the bad karma on here and announce it. This series should be a beauty, Wing's in 7 in a low scoring match up.

If you don't think the Preds have the offensive firepower to win games, just ask the Hawks. They had a 4-0 lead and the next thing you know it is 4-4. Now they're goaltending is suspect for Corey Crawford still trumps Jimmy Howard.

And do you even know who our other defenseman are?! They're not big names like Weber and Suter but they'll match the physicality and toughness of anything Detroit will throw out there.

You win big games by defense and goaltending. Both of which we are tops in the league. Our defense is at least even if not better and our goaltending is on another level. Howard can't hold Rinnes jock. That's not opinion. That's fact. BTW Preds end reg season one itch number 1 PP. top 10 in GS, GA, PK, PP.

Did you just sign up here to come and pump your teams tire..we get it you think the Preds deserve more respect, you have a good team but until you do something in the playoffs you are still just another team.

If it goes to 7, I'll be nervous. Even though it will be in Smashville...Detroit is money in game 7s. I'll go Preds in 6.

Let the superstitions begin..and the trolling..and the so called Wing's fans who are picking the Preds to win, I mean it's one thing to actually think the Preds are going to win but it's another to bring the bad karma on here and announce it. This series should be a beauty, Wing's in 7 in a low scoring match up.

Did you just sign up here to come and pump your teams tire..we get it you think the Preds deserve more respect, you have a good team but until you do something in the playoffs you are still just another team.

No I came here to y'all about the series. If you're inaccurate or blinded by something then I'm going to call you out.

If you'd like me to leave...say the word.

I hate the wings. But I respect the hell out of them because you've earned it. And you deserve it. I am just reading a lot of disrespectful comments. And yes I realize that I am in enemy territory

If it goes to 7, I'll be nervous. Even though it will be in Smashville...Detroit is money in game 7s. I'll go Preds in 6.

According to the stats package that you have provided us with in the last hour of our lives you guys should really win in like 3 games because you will beat us so bad the first 3 that we will just forfeit the 4th. <_<

According to the stats package that you have provided us with in the last hour of our lives you guys should really win in like 3 games because you will beat us so bad the first 3 that we will just forfeit the 4th. <_<

Really? Assume much? I'm providing factual data and not once have I said would this be a blowout. This will be a close series. I say Preds in 6. If it goes to 7, it'll be hard for me to not think the wings have the advantage

Exsqueeze me?! We don't have playoff experience? Have you been living under a rock? We've been in the playoffs 7 of the last 8 years. Yeah, that's not experience

Btw...no one in smashville is takin this series lightly. We know what's at stake. We know it's gonna be a death match. We are sensing some major disrespect from a lot of wings fan.

Why? Have you read this thread? I don't think there's much confidence floating around most Wings fans right now.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. The Red Wings scored more goals and gave up fewer than the Predators. I'll give you special teams, but I'm not buying the defense and goaltending being on another level. Jimmy Howard was in Vezina contention until his injury in February.

omg i was gonna give u the benefit of the doubt but now i am gonna downright debunk everything u just said. Yah the Hawks blew a 4-0 lead to ur team but ur team still managed to lose... congrats. First of all, the Hawks have had s*** defence ALL YEAR... and their goaltending has been pathetic so bragging about that to us Wings fans is very laughable... and Jimmy Howard is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then Crawfard!!!!! You say Rinne is lightyears better than Jimmy well let me ask you something. Before Jimmy got injured back in Februrary did you know he was on pace to BEAT BRODEUR's record of wins in a single NHL season of 49?? I didn't see Rinne doing that.

- Like I said you have a well balanced team, but you simply do NOT have the lethal offensive power stars that the Wings do so don't pretend that you can match that.

- Honestly if you are gonna come to these forums, at least raise truthful points, not just jibberish that makes Nashville fans look bad.

Why? Have you read this thread? I don't think there's much confidence floating around most Wings fans right now.

Yes I have. However, you're still the effing red wings. I think there are some ridiculous predictions on both ends of the spectrum

Never let the facts get in the way of a good story. The Red Wings scored more goals and gave up fewer than the Predators. I'll give you special teams, but I'm not buying the defense and goaltending being on another level. Jimmy Howard was in Vezina contention until his injury in February.

Are you really trying to say jimmy Howard is in the conversation with Rinne? That's rich right there

omg i was gonna give u the benefit of the doubt but now i am gonna downright debunk everything u just said. Yah the Hawks blew a 4-0 lead to ur team but ur team still managed to lose... congrats. First of all, the Hawks have had s*** defence ALL YEAR... and their goaltending has been pathetic so bragging about that to us Wings fans is very laughable... and Jimmy Howard is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better then Crawfard!!!!! You say Rinne is lightyears better than Jimmy well let me ask you something. Before Jimmy got injured back in Februrary did you know he was on pace to BEAT BRODEUR's record of wins in a single NHL season of 49?? I didn't see Rinne doing that.

- Like I said you have a well balanced team, but you simply do NOT have the lethal offensive power stars that the Wings do so don't pretend that you can match that.

- Honestly if you are gonna come to these forums, at least raise truthful points, not just jibberish that makes Nashville fans look bad.

2 things. Injuries are part of the game. You just look petty when you blame misfortunes on I juries. And being on pace to do something and actually doing it are two different things. Holla at me when you learn that. Last I checked, Rinne led the NHL in wins with 43.

Guest The Production Line

It's obvious that someone doesn't watch Jimmy Howard play, or any other goaltender in the league for that matter.

I wonder when we will get the schedule? Probably early tomorrow?

1 pm

Yes I have. However, you're still the effing red wings. I think there are some ridiculous predictions on both ends of the spectrum

Are you really trying to say jimmy Howard is in the conversation with Rinne? That's rich right there

No, I never said that. Rinne is a better goalie. However, you stated the gap was massive between the two and it's not at all. The Red Wings gave up fewer goals as a team. Stats don't always tell the full story, but just to further prove my point...

Rinne: 2.40 GAA, .923 SV%

Howard: 2.13 GAA, .920 SV%

Why again are the Predators on another level in goal?

Edited by GoWings1905

No, I never said that. Rinne is a better goalie. However, you stated the gap was massive between the two and it's not at all. The Red Wings gave up fewer goals as a team. Stats don't always tell the full story, but just to further prove my point...

Rinne: 2.40 GAA, .923 SV%

Howard: 2.13 GAA, .920 SV%

Why again are the Predators on another level in goal?

Not to mention that Jimmy started in 16 less games than Rinne, mostly due to injury. The goaltender match up is even. The gap that this person is trying to argue doesn't exist.

And wins for a goalie are like wins for a pitcher, they don't mean s***. To use them as some sort of proof that one goalie is better than another is asinine.

Edited by The Production Line

Come on bud ur making ur fanbase look like total morons! I know a few nashville fans as friends and they have a great sense of hockey. They agree with me except they think the defense is equal but agree with me on the other points... honestly I think those Tootoo whistles must be getting to your head because everything you are saying is just completely wrong and is based on nothing.

Not to mention that Jimmy started in 16 less games than Rinne, mostly due to injury. The goaltender match up is even. The gap that this person is trying to argue doesn't exist.

And wins for a goalie are like wins for a pitcher, they don't mean s***. To use them as some sort of proof that one goalie is better than another is asinine.

Really? If you want to use a baseball analogy...then why is a 300 game winner so meaningful? Why are 20 win seasons such a milestone? I thought they didn't mean s***.

Come on bud ur making ur fanbase look like total morons! I know a few nashville fans as friends and they have a great sense of hockey. They agree with me except they think the defense is equal but agree with me on the other points... honestly I think those Tootoo whistles must be getting to your head because everything you are saying is just completely wrong and is based on nothing.

No tootoo whistles near me bruh. I live in vegas

1pm EST

awesome, thanks! : )

Never seen so many doubt the wings, the f*** kind of fans are you?

Just ignore 'em. It seems like everyone in the hockey world is doubting the Wings right now. Guess we are the underdogs. Sometimes it's better that way. Makes it more exciting when they win.

Really? If you want to use a baseball analogy...then why is a 300 game winner so meaningful? Why are 20 win seasons such a milestone? I thought they didn't mean s***.

Wins are a career milestone more than anything. Wins are nice, but hardly reflect the effectiveness of a goaltender. Pitchers and goalies don't win on their own. Stick to SV% and GAA, which don't support your argument, so it's no surprise that you went with wins in the first place.

Vandyfan84- "Are you really trying to say jimmy Howard is in the conversation with Rinne? That's rich right there"

I really hope this is just about the Vezina because if it isnt and you are generally saying that Jimmy shouldnt be in the same conversation as Pekka we'll have to discuss this further.

2 things. Injuries are part of the game. You just look petty when you blame misfortunes on I juries. And being on pace to do something and actually doing it are two different things. Holla at me when you learn that. Last I checked, Rinne led the NHL in wins with 43.

This poster wasn't citing injuries as an excuse for not playing well, it was the reason that Howard was unable to get on the ice to continue his pace. Big difference. Also, I'd like to see how the Preds finish in the standings this year having Rinne, Weber, Kostistyn and whoever else missing a pile of games like the Wings top players did. Injuries are part of the game, but when they pile on they are a legit "excuse."

Stats, schmats... The Preds are tough and the Wings have played less than desirable but it's hard to bet against the likes of Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen and Babcock in the playoffs. It's a different game

This is a 4/5 matchup that came down to the wire, I don't know why everyone is writing off the Wings.

This series will be decided in the first two games going either way.

No doubt we wouldn't be where we are if weber Rinne and Kostitsyn were hurt. We might not even be in the playoffs. But injuries are a part of the game. Hell Lindback went down with a head injury tonight...Lindback is a serviceable back up and will start for a team soln. Will be nice trade bait this summer.