Wings meet Preds in First Round

• Please log in to reply
232 replies to this topic

#141 Vandyfan84

Vandyfan84

Leggo Preds!

• 23 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

datsyuk and zetterburg are really going to be physically targeted by the preds... i would hate to see one of them get injured. they better keep their heads up and play with a physical edge because nashville is a dirty team and will try to injure our star players and that is NOT what we need.

also need players to stand up for each other and fight if needed. can not be pushed around against a physical team like nashville

Lol were a dirty team?!? Hornqvist gets the s*** beat out of him day in and day out but we just go out and do our thing. Why don't you continue to spread more misinformation.

BTW, my favorite player outside of the Preds is Johan Franzen. I feel dirty for even saying that.

#142 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,500 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

I'm all in. Wings in six. None of this whiny bs "I hope they win, but I don't know". They WILL win. And as far as the posters that come on hear to piss in our cherios - don't come back here to jump on the bandwagon later. You are either a fan of the team or not, and fans root for their team.

Rooting and being realistic can occur together as a fan. There's nothing wrong with predicting the Predators to win the series. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan.

This nonsense about always having to praise the Red Wings and anyone that says otherwise is not a fan is ridiculous. We all want the same thing. People react in different ways as fans.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#143 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

Never seen so many doubt the wings, the f*** kind of fans are you?

I hope the Wings win, but they're not inspiring a whole lot of confidence. I love 'em to death, but I can be realistic too. Like I said, this is going to be ugly. I don't make predictions about who is going to win what, because I have no way of knowing if I'll be right or not, and I don't like to be wrong. So I avoid that kind of prognostication and leave it for everyone else.

I honestly couldn't tell you who is going to win. When the Wings are on, they're unbeatable, but they haven't been "on" very much since the first of the year, and they're not very good on the road. Nashville has given us fits all year, and we trip over our dicks every time we play them. So who knows. If we make it past the first round, I'll feel a whole lot better about our chances.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#144 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Rooting and being realistic can occur together as a fan. There's nothing wrong with predicting the Predators to win the series. It doesn't make anyone less of a fan.

This nonsense about always having to praise the Red Wings and anyone that says otherwise is not a fan is ridiculous. We all want the same thing. People react in different ways as fans.

I'll never root for another team to beat us, I'll never stop hoping we win games. That doesn't mean if I think we're over-matched, I'm going to lie and say we're not just to keep people from s***ting their pants and then throwing the contents at me. I love the Red Wings, and I have for a long, long time. However, when you're in a relationship with something (or someone) as long as I've been in this "relationship" with the Red Wings, it has evolved well past the honeymoon phase, when they can do no wrong and anyone who thinks different is just a meanie poopy-head hater. I'm solidly into the "I can love you but still be objective" phase, and if other people don't like that, I don't really care.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#145 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,500 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Series starts Wednesday in Nashville. Game 2 is Friday with a quick turnaround for a Sunday afternoon game in Detroit. I hate those stupid matinees during the playoffs.

That's all I have seen on Twitter so far with the schedule.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#146 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

WINGS IN 6.

SOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! LET'S GO WINGS!!!!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#147 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

[quote name='redwingfan19' timestamp='1333900783' post='2280203']
Good thing about the playoffs is there is next to no fighting so the Wings can go out there and be chippy and dirty and not have to answer the bell.

I only worry about them being outmuscled and knocked off the puck in their own zone.
[/quote

You must have missed the last 4 games that we played against the much bigger and more physical St. Louis Blues. We beat them 4 times in a row. Nashville is not nearly as physical as the blues.

Edited by chrisdetroit, 08 April 2012 - 12:01 PM.

Do or do not. There is no try

#148 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:02 PM

Howard is as good, if not a better goalie than Pekka Rinne. Not to mention, Datsyuk owns Rinne.....

When it comes down to goaltending and defense, Red Wings are overall better as a whole. Wings score more goals and let less goals in. That's a good indicator there. After Suter and Weber, Preds aren't deep. While Red Wings ice 2 lethal lines and 2 more that can score at will. Not to mention 5 capable offensive Dman on point. How can Nashville contain that? Surely Suter and Weber can't play 60 minutes per night?

Red Wings will wear them down. Rinne will fold like a lawn chair, Red Wings have to much offensive firepower coming from all angles. Datsyuk will put on a show. I'd be surprised if Nashville lasts 6 games.

#149 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8 p.m. Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC
Friday, April 13, 2012 7:30 pm Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC
Sunday, April 15, 2012 Noon Nashville at Detroit NBC, CBC
Tuesday, April 17, 2012 7:30 pm Nashville at Detroit NBC Sports Network, CBC
*Friday, April 20, 2012 8 p.m. Detroit at Nashville CNBC, CBC
*Sunday, April 22, 2012 TBD Nashville at Detroit TBD
*Tuesday, April 24, 2012 TBD Detroit at Nashville TBD

#150 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'll never root for another team to beat us, I'll never stop hoping we win games. That doesn't mean if I think we're over-matched, I'm going to lie and say we're not just to keep people from s***ting their pants and then throwing the contents at me. I love the Red Wings, and I have for a long, long time. However, when you're in a relationship with something (or someone) as long as I've been in this "relationship" with the Red Wings, it has evolved well past the honeymoon phase, when they can do no wrong and anyone who thinks different is just a meanie poopy-head hater. I'm solidly into the "I can love you but still be objective" phase, and if other people don't like that, I don't really care.

Fair enough. But as a fan of the Wings, why would you come on the fan website like LGW and proclaim that your team is going to lose. What is the point of that? There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism but what is the point of non-constructive criticism? Internet forums are being over-run with haters and name callers.
Do or do not. There is no try

#151 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

Howard can't hold Rinne's jock? Who knew?!!! :lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#152 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Let's keep it out of the personal and back to the rivalry, shall we?

Personal attacks and trashing cities/states will be deleted and could result in suspension/banning.

Thank you.

#153 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

Two possible Sunday noon games at the Joe? It's going to be rockin'.

bringit.jpg

#154 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

This guy posting about Nashville makes me laugh. Anyways, it'll be a good series. Tough fought with maybe one game not being decided by one. End result i think the Wings will take it in 6.

Red wings take first game, nash responds and the series is tied going to Detroit. I think the Wings take both at home but will be rough games. Nashville takes game 5 at home but Detroit clinches at home and wins the series.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#155 Tip Back A Few Ginger Ales

Tip Back A Few Ginger Ales

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

So no more local coverage of the playoffs? I can't stand the national guys.

#156 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

I'm pretty sick and tired of people calling out Wings fans who can read the writing on the wall. Some of us can take off our homer glasses and see that the way we've been playing (ie. very sh*tty) the last 2 weeks, we're not going to get out of round 1. All the evidence that I've seen in the last 2-3 weeks, show that they can't 'flip the switch' or they would have already to get #4 seed to secure home ice advantage. Does it need to be said that we are sh*tty on the road? Damn, some of you must still believe in Santa Claus or the tooth fairy.

Will I ever bet against them, no. Will I still cheer for them, of course. Do I think they will win this series ... no. Does that make me a fair weather bandwagon fan ... NO. I guess we'll have to come back to this thread in 2 weeks to see who will eat crow.

Whhhhhhhhat. No tooth fairy?????

Ok, not being a homer here at all but do you KNOW this team? Do you watch the games? They are a statistically better team then Nashville. We have had a million injuries and still managed to not collapse. We have played crappy the last few weeks but no one wants Datsyuk to be doing cartwheels while healing a newly surgically repaired knee....rest a bit because the PLAYOFFS are coming!!

I am not suggesting that this Nashville team is an easy team to play. They will play us hard,they will try and push us with physical play but in the end, we have more weapons. We are a better team and this is the playoffs. We are a different team in the playoffs.

I am not a homer...just a fan who Kiowa this team and know what they can do in playoff hockey. Wings in 6.... I stand by that! Bring it ON
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#157 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

So no more local coverage of the playoffs? I can't stand the national guys.

Pretty sure we will get local coverage in first two rounds as always, (be it we make it to Round 2) they never really put down the local feeds when its a national broadcast schedule.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#158 Tip Back A Few Ginger Ales

Tip Back A Few Ginger Ales

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

Pretty sure we will get local coverage in first two rounds as always, (be it we make it to Round 2) they never really put down the local feeds when its a national broadcast schedule.

I thought maybe with the new agreement between the NHL and NBC that NBC took over all rights to the playoff games because they have several networks that they can broadcast on. Maybe it was NBC will broadcast all playoff games but the local markets can still broadcast early rounds for their respective teams. We'll soon find out. I don't want to hear Edzo slobber all over the Hawks if they happen to play the Wings or when they play the Coyotes. That guy is a major tool.

I guess I should throw in my prediction. It will be a close series. These teams are evenly matched, despite what this vandy guy is saying, and the season series shows that. Each game was tightly contested and came down to the very end. This series will be a grind but it will be entertaining hockey. I say Wings in 6 after they steal Game 1 in Nashville. The switch will be flipped.

#159 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:53 PM

I thought maybe with the new agreement between the NHL and NBC that NBC took over all rights to the playoff games because they have several networks that they can broadcast on. Maybe it was NBC will broadcast all playoff games but the local markets can still broadcast early rounds for their respective teams. We'll soon find out. I don't want to hear Edzo slobber all over the Hawks if they happen to play the Wings or when they play the Coyotes. That guy is a major tool.

I guess I should throw in my prediction. It will be a close series. These teams are evenly matched, despite what this vandy guy is saying, and the season series shows that. Each game was tightly contested and came down to the very end. This series will be a grind but it will be entertaining hockey. I say Wings in 6 after they steal Game 1 in Nashville. The switch will be flipped.

The only reason why Wings are playing nashville is because Red Wings lost $25million worth of talent down the stretch due to injuries. Remember when they had to ice a 3rd tier goalie and had a top 4 of AHL defenseman for a month? Red Wings were the hottest team in the west. As they slowly got healthy, the team played 'not to get injured'.

I don't think home ice matters as much as health. Red Wings are more healthy going into this playoffs than last year... And they will get more healthy as the series rolls on.

#160 pvilleguru

pvilleguru

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:13 PM

Bought 2 tickets for game 2 in Nashville. Go Wings!