• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

Money On The Board - Playoff Style

Rate this topic

Our favorite time of year is back! We get playoff hockey, Photoshop threads and we also get to do our Second Annual Money On The Board for playoffs. Last year we raised over $800 for Children's Hospital. :clap: This year I thought we'd donate to Ilitch Charities.

For those who weren't here for last year's festivities, the way this works is you pledge whatever you want however you want. For example, you could pledge X amount for every series or every game. Some have pledged per goal per certain player or X amount for every blocked shot or every goal scored by the blue line as well to add extra incentive.

Money is paid at the end of the series. If you pledge only for a series win and (God forbid) the Wings don't take the series, no money exchanges hands. The money is donated at the end of the Wings' playoff run. Funds are sent to me through a PayPal account I have set up strictly for LGW events. Donations are made in Matt's name. He was very vocal and emphatic about his enthusiasm for this event and made sure Children's Hospital was aware of how the money reached them.

The straightforward pledges that are posted here, I can keep track of. If you pledge per blocked shot by a specific player, it will work on the honor system.

Let's see if we can break last year's total. Thanks so much to all who participate with funds or in spirit and

GO WINGS!!

I'm going with the hamster pledge again, only this year I have a new hamster. Therefore, I pledge $5 for every goal scored by:

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Lidstrom

Kronwall, Cleary

Franzen, Filppula, Ericsson

Miller, Eaves (IR), White, Bertuzzi

I will keep track in my sig line.

Thanks for doing this again!

HUGE EDIT:

Oh, my. I just realized that I made a huge error. I thought I was doing the same thing as I had done last year, but last year it was $1 per goal, not $5.

Well, I do try to keep my word, but I just kind of screwed myself. If I stick with what I said, I may not be able to pay up. So I'm going to stick with what I said, but I'm putting a cap on it: Only one goal per player per series. This caps me at $240 maximum. It's a bit much for me, but that's what makes it exciting.

And this time I really mean it.

Sorry. :(

Edited by 55fan

I'm going with the hamster pledge again, only this year I have a new hamster. Therefore, I pledge $5 for every goal scored by:

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom, Lidstrom

Kronwall, Cleary

Franzen, Filppula, Ericsson

Miller, Eaves (IR), White, Bertuzzi

I will keep track in my sig line.

Whoa...way to 1-up me. LOL. I don't care, it's for a good cause!

Okay...you've inspired me, I'm adding to my pledges to make it interesting:

-$2 per Pasha assist

-$5 per Pasha goal

-$10 per each Kronwalled opponent

Edited by rrasco

I'm on board this time! :)

$1 per win -or- $5 per series win -or - $10 per series sweep (depending on what happens)

$2 for every Kronwalling

$3 for every hat trick

$1 per goal disallowed by Tomas Holmstrom :hehe:

EDIT:

In the spirit of our last stretch of games..

$1 for every goal post save

.50 for every goal post save against us

Edited by Krystal

I like Karen's idea. I'll do the same for this series. I'll include all the names she did, plus I'll throw in $5 per shutout for any Wings goalie. When Helm comes back, I'll include him too. And I will keep my running total on the bottom. THANKS, Vladdy!! Glad you're repeating this!!

...Now I just hope to hell we get the games in Texas!!

Wings/Nashville series: Total: 0

Edited by Vladifan

I don't have a paypal or want one, but if someone is willing to cash a USPS money order and paypal it I'll join in. PM me if you are willing to help.

Edited by TheXym

You guys have certainly set the bar pretty high. I haven't quite figured out what my pledge is going to be yet, but it certainly won't be quite so grand as the rest of you. I don't feel bad about that, and no one else should either. Ilitch Charities will appreciate whatever we send.

Scott brings up a good point - some people don't have Paypal. I will be happy to accept other methods of payment.

Thanks for the PM. I'm in. $10 for a first round win, $20 for a second round win, $30 for a third round win, $40 for the cup. OR.... $0.25 for every save Jimmy Howard makes during the playoffs, $1.00 for each win, and $5.00 for each shutout. Whichever yields the higher total, the series wins or Howie's stats. I'm hoping either way will hit the $100 mark.

Like vladdy16 said, every little bit helps, so join in, and don't forget..... Let's Go Wings!

Edited by TheXym

I don't know if you can PayPal with a pre-paid card from Wal-Mart.. can you? My husband got his Paypal privileges revoked by his bank a long time ago xD I know my bank account won't work with PayPal, but I'll definitely find a way to get the money sent somehow :thumbup:

I'm excited for this year, but (god willing!) I know I'm going to miss a few games during June. I'll be out on vacation between June 15th through the 24th. I'll have net access on my phone though, so I can keep up on the games!

I'll pledge for:

First round:

Winning the series in 7 games: $1

Winning the series in 6 games: $3

Winning the series in 5 games: $6

Winning the series in 4 games: $10

Second round:

Winning the series in 7 games: $3

Winning the series in 6 games: $6

Winning the series in 5 games: $10

Winning the series in 4 games: $15

Third round:

Winning the series in 7 games: $6

Winning the series in 6 games: $10

Winning the series in 5 games: $15

Winning the series in 4 games: $21

Fourth round:

Winning the series in 7 games: $10

Winning the series in 6 games: $15

Winning the series in 5 games: $21

Winning the series in 4 games: $28

When winning the cup:

$1 per goal for the total play-off goal difference (goals for minus goals against)

$5 per shutout for the total play-off shutout difference (shutouts for minus shutouts against)

$2 per shorthanded goal for the total play-off shorthanded goals difference (shorthanded goals for minus shorthanded goals against)

$1 per point gained extra above 99 points in the regular season (so including the 100th point) --> so this would be a $3 bonus (102 minus 99).

Edited by RippedOnNitro

Oh, my. I just realized that I made a huge error. I thought I was doing the same thing as I had done last year, but last year it was $1 per goal, not $5.

Well, I do try to keep my word, but I just kind of screwed myself. If I stick with what I said, I may not be able to pay up. So I'm going to stick with what I said, but I'm putting a cap on it: Only one goal per player per series. This caps me at $240 maximum. It's a bit much for me, but that's what makes it exciting.

I especially apologize to Sandy and rrasco who set their pledges according to mine.

I'll edit my OP.

Edited by 55fan

First Round Win $5

Second Round Win $10

Third Round Win $20

Stanley Cup Win $50

Any round sweep +$10

Shut out $5

KRONWALLED $5

6th man goal (goalie pulled for tying goal) $15

Penalty Shot goal $10

Hat trick $15

OT goal $5

Game 7 OT goal $50

Game 7 SCF OT Goal $100

Game 7 SCF OT Penalty Shot Goal $1000

I especially apologize to Sandy and rrasco who set their pledges according to mine.

I'll edit my OP.

It's OK, Karen. I may not participate in the next series if the Wings win this one, but I'm in it up to my elbows. Or earlobes, however good it gets for the Wings!

GO, WINGS!!!

I'll edit my OP.

No reason to be. The only thing I'm worried about is Kronwall stepping up on 10 people, or Pasha potting 10 goals with 20 assists. I'll pay to see that, literally. LOL.

I'm in for...

$10/series win: round 1-3

$10/series sweep

$10/if series win is over the Sharks or Blackhawks

$2/short-handed goal

$2/every game with a PPG

$5/shutout

$9/Gordie Howe Hat Trick (Limit of 1 but x2$ if from Franzen, x3$ from Hudler)

$50/winning The Cup

$12/if Cup winning goal scored by any of the following: Abdelkader, Cleary, Conner, Emmerton, Helm, Holmstrom, Miller, Mursak, Nyquist, Ericsson, Kindl, Quincey, Smith, or Stuart

$15/if Conn Smythe=Johan Franzen

$30/if Conn Smythe=Tomas Holmstrom

I'm in. $5 per series win, an additional $5 if it's a sweep. Similar to the Gregg Williams bounty program in the NFL, I will

also throw in $10 if any of these players are knocked out by a Wing and miss at least a game:

-Crosby (x2)

-Cooke

-Burrows

-Pavelski

-Kane

-Hossa

Also, I will pledge $2 for each fight a Wing wins, $3 for each Kronwall goal, and an extra $10 if we win the Cup.

$10 for first round series win

$20 for second round series win

$30 for third round series win

$50 for Stanley Cup win

$10 for series sweep rounds 1-3

$50 for Stanley Cup sweep

$20 for beating the Sharks ($50 if it's after a series deficit)

$20 for beating the Blackhawks

$30 for beating the Canucks

$10 for Darren Helm breakaway goals

$5 for every point from Dan Cleary (Additional $5 if it's a GWG)

$0.50 for every shot from Zetterberg

$3.50 for every Jimmy Howard win

$9.00 for every hat trick scored

$2.00 for every win with 3+ goals scored

$2.00 for every win with 2 or less goals allowed

$xx.xx for the number of the Red Wing who wins the Conn Smythe. (Datsyuk = $13.00, Zetterberg = 40.00, etc.)

Here we go-

$20 for series win

$50 if it's a sweep

$10 for every shut out

$2 for every Pavel assist

$2 for every Lidstrom assist

$2 for every Franzen goal

$2 for every Blueliner goal

This is such a great idea, thanks for bringing it back!! Here are my Wings pledges, which will stay the same throughout the playoffs:

$1 per powerplay goal

$1 per defenseman goal

$2 per even-strength goal by Abdelkader, Cleary, Conner, Emmerton, Helm, Holmstrom, Miller, Mursak or Nyquist

$10 per shorthanded goal

$25 per goaltender assist

$100 per goaltender goal

I'll keep track in my sig.