• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:39 PM

I don't have a total yet - I'm waiting on one more donation. I can tell you we went over $200!
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#62 TheXym

TheXym

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:14 PM

I don't have a total yet - I'm waiting on one more donation. I can tell you we went over $200!

That's great!
It's pronounced "Zim" not "Exim". Aw heck with it, just call me Scott.

#63 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

I was going to go ahead and send in the donation in spite of waiting on one more since they haven't responded to my PM, but I think I might kick in a little sumpin' sumpin' if Nashville loses the series to Phoenix, so I'm holding out for now if that's okay with everyone.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#64 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:39 PM

I'm betting the Preds are going to lose, so I called in the donation to Ilitch Charities from the Paypal account; checks go in the mail tomorrow.

Our grand total is $264.39. Way to go, LGW! Very nice amount, especially considering the limited opportunities to pad the bill.

Again, thanks so very much to all who participated. Hopefully next year I'll take you all for a lot more money. :)

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#65 Peadydog

Peadydog

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm betting the Preds are going to lose, so I called in the donation to Ilitch Charities from the Paypal account; checks go in the mail tomorrow.

Our grand total is $264.39. Way to go, LGW! Very nice amount, especially considering the limited opportunities to pad the bill.

Again, thanks so very much to all who participated. Hopefully next year I'll take you all for a lot more money. :)

Thanks for organizing this, and I sure hope you do take me for a lot of money next year!!!

#66 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Okay, here's my chuckle for the day. I received a notice from PayPal saying they needed to verify my SSN for my PayPal account. Don't know why, I've had it for years and used it for all LGW functions since about 2006. Whatever. But the donation to Ilitch Charities hadn't gone through. I get embarrassed thinking they've processed the donation and it didn't go through. I transfer the money to my bank account so I can call in and use my own debit card. I call in to apologize for any issues and give them my debit card number. Stephanie tells me that the transaction has not been processed yet because they need to investigate and approve the donation!!! Seriously? It needs to be investigated because of the way it was received. That's all she would tell me. I gave her the heads-up that I would need to give a new CC number and gave her my cell to call me when the donation gets approved. LMAO.

Those who wrote checks: Have they been cashed?

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#67 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

Interesting. Let us know how it goes.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $12