• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#8 Ottawa Senators vs. #1 New York Rangers

Rate this topic

I really like Paul Maclean as I've followed him since he was the head coach of the Quad City Mallards in the United Hockey League in the early 2000's. However I'm not a Canadian Team fan at all so I'm gonna hope the Rangers can win and do believe they'll win in 5 maybe even 6. Would be nice to see the Rangers take the Cup if the Wings can't becasue that would mean that in the past 5 years there will be 4 of the Original 6 Teams Winning The Cup and all of them American Based Original 6 Teams as Toronto and Montreal are still struggling. Go Rangers!!

Even though the scoreboard looked bad when it was 4-0 the Sens had played a fairly solid game. They let a few defense miscues cost them and Anderson was doing some weird swimming on the first goal. I think they could turn it around and make this a competitive series.

Wow... from what I saw the officials did nothing. Carkner doesn't challenge Boyle, he just went off. Started with what looked like a cross-check or hands to the face of Boyle, and ended with sucker punches to the face and then on top of him with punches to the stomach and kidneys. The ref just skates by, doesn't do jack until Dubinsky is forced to jump in.

NHL officials are a joke. Why do they break up some possible legit fights before they start, and then you get something like this, and they all step back. Dubinsky getting thrown out for doing the officials job is a joke. Can't wait to hear Torts. I'm pretty angry about this kind of moronic crap, and I don't even care about the Rags.

VIDEO: http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip658815#clip658815

So Jones thinks there will be a suspension because Karkner punched Boyle hard in the head unlike Weber who didn't hit Z with that one punch very hard. Ok but what about the damn head slam????? But wait Boyle isn't hurt, in fact, he got in another fight. Boyle did the Maltby ragdoll as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

So Jones thinks there will be a suspension because Karkner punched Boyle hard in the head unlike Weber who didn't hit Z with that one punch very hard. Ok but what about the damn head slam????? But wait Boyle isn't hurt, in fact, he got in another fight. Boyle did the Maltby ragdoll as far as I'm concerned.

I think this was pretty brutal and definitely crossed the line, but a good point nonetheless. As soon as the NHL suspends Carkner, it'll become a more obvious crap shoot. Like you said, Boyle isn't injured, and technically, a punch sans gloves is a "hockey play", albeit very one sided and crossing the line in this case.

The mugging Z took from Weber is more suspendable then this, and yet this will get him some games that Weber didn't. And, shocker, bottom line guy on a big guy, versus top pairing big guy on top line small guy. Stay tuned...

BTW, did Shanahan show a video explanation why he made his decision on the Weber/Z incident? I don't remember seeing one.

Not that I know of. Hid behind a written announcement, I believe.

Not that I know of. Hid behind a written announcement, I believe.

Ok this is all I'll say about that in this thread, but I can understand why he didn't because he knew that there was no way in hell that he could come off believable explaining his decision while that video was shown. Shanahan, you're a coward. You're just as bad as Campbell was when he was in that job.