• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

#7 Washington Capitals vs. #2 Boston Bruins

Rate this topic

If I didn't think Ovechkin were such a d-bag these days, I'd be a lot more excited about this.

Every time I see him on the ice I'm worried he's going to end someone's career in a violent, indescribably idiotic way. I don't know why exactly. (Well, I guess I kinda do.)

Also, that Holtby-Peverley sequence is one of the greatest things ever. :thumbup:

Also #2: Good for the Caps.

Also #3: Re: the racist s*** - It's Boston; it's expected.

With few exceptions, if you root for a Boston sports team, you're trash. This surprises me not one bit. Like Ted Williams once said, "Don't like the city, don't like the people."

so you're saying that almost all Boston sports fans are trash because they make hate-filled statements based on generalizations about a group of people that is actually large and diverse?

so you're saying that almost all Boston sports fans are trash because they make hate-filled statements based on generalizations about a group of people that is actually large and diverse?

Ooh, aren't you cute. Lemme get you a cookie. I've been to Boston. More times than I can count. To see several different sporting events from several different sports. I have family living there. I know people from there that live here, and have lived elsewhere that I have lived. It's a racist city. I've heard it described as a Southern city in the Northeast. I was at a Dunkin Donuts near Fenway Park once, not long before a Yankees/Red Sox game, and heard not one but three people refer to black players on the Yankees as "n-words." As in, "I hope we beat those n-words" and "f*** those n-words." This is Boston circa 2009, not Atlanta circa 1949. To take sports out of the equation entirely, I was visiting a friend who attended Boston College and overheard someone refer to a black woman who got off the T as a "******* darkie." Again, this is in the last few years, not 60 years ago. To say that I'm not surprised about the comments directed toward that black hockey player is to say I'm not ******* surprised, considering the source. The same would be true if I was talking about Klansmen referring to the President. There's a reason many black athletes have said they hate playing in Boston, especially as visiting players, because of the racial hostility coming from the fans. I'm not pulling this s*** out of my ass, here. This is stuff I've seen with my own four eyes (I wear glasses) and my own two ears.

Go mess with someone else. Surely there's a clone of mindfly s***ting on the Red Wings around here somewhere.

If Detroit scored a goal like that, it would have been waved off for goalie interference.

Knuble looked to make contact with Thomas.

I was pulling for the Caps and thought the same thing. So did Kerry Fraser.

Story

It would defy logic to maintain that rule 69, as it is written, was not sufficiently violated for the referee to disallow this goal.

Rule 69.1 — "Interference on the Goalkeeper...Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease.

"The overriding rationale of this rule is that a goalkeeper should have the ability to move freely within his goal crease without being hindered by the actions of an attacking player. If an attacking player enters the goal crease and, by his actions, impairs the goalkeeper's ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed."

Mike Knuble was not pushed, shoved or fouled by a defending player so as to cause him to come into contact with Thomas. It matters not if the contact on Thomas by Knuble was deemed to be deliberate or incidental other than a minor penalty that might result. What matters most is that all the elements of rule 69.1 were violated and the goal should have been waved off.

yes, I see others have thought of this. I've been thinking about it for a week now.

The last 4 winners? IN ORDER?

I blame Bettman, mister 'grow the game.' He is trying to establish to the 'new' hockey fans that 'anyone can win the Cup.' Real hockey fans don't care,(who is playing so much, we will watch any teams play. It's the Cup.) and fair weather fans that only watch the playoffs can get wound up about their local teams.

Think of it. Phoenix, trying to convince their city to support them. Nashville, full of Pred Wings, advance to the second round over the Red Wings. If the Rangers fall, (and if my theory is true, they will), all of the Original 6 will be out.

I wouldn't say I'd watch any SCF; I can think of a few that would be a travesty.

I despise the pandering that happens in hockey now and I loathe Bettman with the firey passion of a hundred blazing suns, but I have to remember that he does nothing that the BoG does not approve. Expansion sucks. Revenue sharing really sucks. The neophytes that constantly stamp their feet for attention and respect alternately bore and irritate me. The good to come out of this obvious personal attack on me and my love of the game (wink) are the handful of true hockey fans that have been converted, and most especially for me is the fact that the Central is no longer the cupcake of the league. I like that the regular season games count for something now, and I get to watch actual hockey in March rather than just seeing the Wings coast yawning into the playoffs.

I'm a big fan of the O6, but I'm not seeing definitive proof of a conspiracy to promote non-traditional markets. Outside of the pathetic officiating rampant in these playoffs, of course.

As much as it pains me to say, and I would love to have somewhere else to point the finger, trust me, the Wings have no one to blame but themselves for not advancing. Officiating hindered them to be sure, but we all saw the games.

Ooh, aren't you cute. Lemme get you a cookie. I've been to Boston. More times than I can count. To see several different sporting events from several different sports. I have family living there. I know people from there that live here, and have lived elsewhere that I have lived. It's a racist city. I've heard it described as a Southern city in the Northeast. I was at a Dunkin Donuts near Fenway Park once, not long before a Yankees/Red Sox game, and heard not one but three people refer to black players on the Yankees as "n-words." As in, "I hope we beat those n-words" and "f*** those n-words." This is Boston circa 2009, not Atlanta circa 1949. To take sports out of the equation entirely, I was visiting a friend who attended Boston College and overheard someone refer to a black woman who got off the T as a "******* darkie." Again, this is in the last few years, not 60 years ago. To say that I'm not surprised about the comments directed toward that black hockey player is to say I'm not ******* surprised, considering the source. The same would be true if I was talking about Klansmen referring to the President. There's a reason many black athletes have said they hate playing in Boston, especially as visiting players, because of the racial hostility coming from the fans. I'm not pulling this s*** out of my ass, here. This is stuff I've seen with my own four eyes (I wear glasses) and my own two ears.

Go mess with someone else. Surely there's a clone of mindfly s***ting on the Red Wings around here somewhere.

So based on your experience with what, twenty, thirty people? Let's say one hundred people, you call all Boston fans trash. And now you're calling the whole city racist.

makes sense. And I'm not messing with anybody. If you don't like the responses your posts get then you don't have to post in the thread.

Thanks for calling me cute though. :blush: