• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#161 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,290 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Ooh, aren't you cute. Lemme get you a cookie. I've been to Boston. More times than I can count. To see several different sporting events from several different sports. I have family living there. I know people from there that live here, and have lived elsewhere that I have lived. It's a racist city. I've heard it described as a Southern city in the Northeast. I was at a Dunkin Donuts near Fenway Park once, not long before a Yankees/Red Sox game, and heard not one but three people refer to black players on the Yankees as "n-words." As in, "I hope we beat those n-words" and "f*** those n-words." This is Boston circa 2009, not Atlanta circa 1949. To take sports out of the equation entirely, I was visiting a friend who attended Boston College and overheard someone refer to a black woman who got off the T as a "******* darkie." Again, this is in the last few years, not 60 years ago. To say that I'm not surprised about the comments directed toward that black hockey player is to say I'm notf****** surprised, considering the source. The same would be true if I was talking about Klansmen referring to the President. There's a reason many black athletes have said they hate playing in Boston, especially as visiting players, because of the racial hostility coming from the fans. I'm not pulling this s*** out of my ass, here. This is stuff I've seen with my own four eyes (I wear glasses) and my own two ears.

Go mess with someone else. Surely there's a clone of mindfly s***ting on the Red Wings around here somewhere.

So based on your experience with what, twenty, thirty people? Let's say one hundred people, you call all Boston fans trash. And now you're calling the whole city racist.

makes sense. And I'm not messing with anybody. If you don't like the responses your posts get then you don't have to post in the thread.

Thanks for calling me cute though. :blush:

#162 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,192 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:14 PM

Boston's not exactly known for its brotherly love.

(Unless we're only talking Irish Catholics + Irish Catholics. In which case Boston is the real City of Brotherly Love.)

Don't Toews me, bro!

#163 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

Boston's not exactly known for its brotherly love.

(Unless we're only talking Irish Catholics + Irish Catholics. In which case Boston is the real City of Brotherly Love.)

It's Penn State you're talking about actually.

#164 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,192 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:02 AM

It's Penn State you're talking about actually.

:hehe:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#165 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,336 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:08 AM

Wow, was my prediction way off.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman