• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#6 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #3 Phoenix Coyotes

Rate this topic

You can't show a half video and then say the player dove.

There was no penalty called on that play.

And that clip is starting awfully late. Honestly watching it during the game and on the replay, it did look like Shaw yanked his foot. Though the player may have gone down a wee bit dramatically.

This league is completely out of control. Smith comes out to play the puck behind the net and Shaw pretty much blind-sides him in right on the chin. Smith was down for a good while; looked serious but he is staying in. Surprised he doesn't have to quiet-room?

If the Coyotes were to lose Smith for the series, no amount of suspension to Shaw would matter.

This league is completely out of control. Smith comes out to play the puck behind the net and Shaw pretty much blind-sides him in right on the chin. Smith was down for a good while; looked serious but he is staying in. Surprised he doesn't have to quiet-room?

If the Coyotes were to lose Smith for the series, no amount of suspension to Shaw would matter.

agreed.

This is a series where I could honestly give a crap who wins. But Smith acts like soccer player and they toss Shaw for what was basically incidental contact (even though it was to the head) because Smith was playing the puck.

Smith has the trainer and team doctor out there, but doesn't even have to leave the ice.

Honestly I've turned off games in the last couple days to do something else because I'm not invested enough to watch a game that's so randomly affected by the refs.

And magically as soon as the penalty is dished out he has a miraculous recovery and stays in the game.

THe NHL is a freaking joke.

Stupid play by Shaw, but you're right about Smith's acting. Either way, Shaw earned the penalty.

Shaw earned 2 minutes.

Not a 5 minute PP and getting tossed from the game.

Yeah, definitely debatable. I don't think he should have been tossed. He probably wouldn't have gotten the 5 minute if it wasn't for Smith's Ribeiro impersonation, but it was solid contact to the head, and on the goaltender. I've seen MUCH less called two minutes.

I think we can all agree that this flopping, diving, and acting bulls*** has to stop, especially with the severity of injuries these days.