• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#6 Chicago Blackhawks vs. #3 Phoenix Coyotes

Rate this topic

Shaw given 3 games for hit on Mike Smith. Phoenix watched how Shanny/'Dept of Player Safety' handles things and is smart in saying Smith is 'game time decision'.

Shaw has looked good so far, but I expect the big guns on the Blackhawks to step up at home. The Toews line should take advantage of a favourable matchup with the last line change.

Hossa got smoked wow, torres left his feet though, almost clean, if it was it would have been marvelous, what a hit.

Interference, Charging, and Targeting the head. Torres is a repeat offender and Hossa is a high profile player PLUS he was rushed to hospital. I bet Torres is gone for a WHILE.

Then again, Shanahan might just ask him for $2500 and call it a day.

Interference, Charging, and Targeting the head. Torres is a repeat offender and Hossa is a high profile player PLUS he was rushed to hospital. I bet Torres is gone for a WHILE.

Then again, Shanahan might just ask him for $2500 and call it a day.

It's funny (or not) that you reference the $2500 fine. During the day today Toews was interviewed and complained that there was no rhyme or reason to punishments. Specifically pointing that a clear intent to injure (Weber on Zetterberg) only got a very minor fine and no time. He said players often cross the line because nobody knows where the line is.

In addition to leaving his feet, the hit was late. That makes 14,237 cheap hits by Torres and counting.

I doubt he'll answer the bell for it. Chicago's got the personnel to really make him pay, but Torres will hide behind the instigator rule, and likely get away with it. Maybe a game or two.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros