• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWingsRox

For once I agree with Don Cherry

Rate this topic

Yea great points by Cherry. If the Wings don't make it to the finals, I'd like to see Pittsburgh and Vancouver play in the finals. Canada will see that their precious Crosby isn't a saint. Canadians will understand what Americans, and fans of American teams, are saying about him.

Yea great points by Cherry. If the Wings don't make it to the finals, I'd like to see Pittsburgh and Vancouver play in the finals. Canada will see that their precious Crosby isn't a saint. Canadians will understand what Americans, and fans of American teams, are saying about him.

Haha WTF? You think because he doesnt play Canadian teams that often we don't hear about him or see him play? Trust me, the Pens don't need to be playing the Canucks for Sid to get exposure here in Canada. I hear what Americans, and fans of American teams are saying about him all the time and you all sound like babies bitching and complaining about a guy who dominates the league. Everybody on both sides of this argument needs to get over this. Yes, he ******* and complains to the refs - but the majority of hockey players do. We are spoiled in Detroit because we have a mature, experienced team, so we get really poopy when we see anyone whining. Crosby's antics are just amplified because everybody, even you haters LOVE to hear about him.

The fact that you guys are all agreeing with some of the biggest bone heads in hockey should tell you something. All Milbury has ever done is ruin the New York Islanders, hit some fan with his shoe, and push around some kid at a minor hockey game. Cherry? The guy is absolutely insane. And Torts? Talk about a guy who needs to STFU and just coach. Take some hints from Babcock on how to be a professional. Talk about a whiner.

And for the record, if the Pens and Nucks play in the final, everyone outside BC will be cheering for Pittsburgh. Vancouver is one of the most hated teams in Canada.

The fact that you guys are all agreeing with some of the biggest bone heads in hockey should tell you something. All Milbury has ever done is ruin the New York Islanders, hit some fan with his shoe, and push around some kid at a minor hockey game. Cherry? The guy is absolutely insane. And Torts? Talk about a guy who needs to STFU and just coach. Take some hints from Babcock on how to be a professional. Talk about a whiner.

That's why the title is 'For once ...' because I don't usually agree with Torts, Milbury, or Cherry but even a bone head can be right once in a while. Listen, it was Crosby's self confession. On the clip, he said, 'Yah, in my first couple of years, I was hard on the refs ... ' (paraphrase) and his reputation stuck as a whiner. It's going to take a couple years of STFU before his reputation around the league will change.

Crosby can't even dominate Zetterberg for one series let alone the entire league. Stamkos just hit 60 goals, does this mean he's "dominating the league"?

esteef

Sorry, did you want to have a discussion on semantics?

I know we are all upset cause Datsyuk doesn't get as much attention and him, but its just something you have to live with. 37 points in 22 games despite missing most of the last 2 seasons with a concussion is as dominant as you can get in the NHL if you ask me, and I think many would agree.

60 goals in a season is pretty dominant too - I don't reserve the term for just one player.

But Crosby is your villain, I get that. It must be tiresome investing all that emotion in a guy you hate though.

Sorry, did you want to have a discussion on semantics?

I know we are all upset cause Datsyuk doesn't get as much attention and him, but its just something you have to live with. 37 points in 22 games despite missing most of the last 2 seasons with a concussion is as dominant as you can get in the NHL if you ask me, and I think many would agree.

60 goals in a season is pretty dominant too - I don't reserve the term for just one player.

But Crosby is your villain, I get that. It must be tiresome investing all that emotion in a guy you hate though.

And you'd eat cereal out of his shorts, we ALL get that. Malkin is better.

esteef

And you'd eat cereal out of his shorts, we ALL get that. Malkin is better.

esteef

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. If any of your posts made valid arguments, I'd respect what you have to say. All you do is post crap so you can see your bulls*** signature. Keep working on that post count!

See ya.

You know what, I'm just gonna quote myself.

Yes, plenty of other people are guilty of all the things for which people fault Crosby and use in their (probably altogether vain) attempts to somehow tear him down. And, were this just about the allegations in question, that'd be that. Thing is, though, it's not really about the allegations (not primarily, at least).

It's not "Crosby's a DIVER!"

It's "CROSBY's a diver!"

Plenty of people pull the same s*** he pulls. But plenty of people aren't him. He is the face of the National Hockey League, and, by extension, the current face of ice hockey itself. People who bash him, what they're sore about is the fact that ice hockey's biggest star, the NHL's golden boy, the guy who more than a few have called the next Gretzky, is kind of a ****** bag.

I'm sure he's actually a really great guy and all. But that's essentially moot. The issue is that The Next Great One, for whatever reasons, real or imagined, valid or inane, seems to have this way of inspiring intense loathing in one out of every, say, ten people - when, ideally, you'd like for it be more like one in every, say, hundred. In other words, you'd like for him to be more likeable - because, at the end of the day, this guy is (one more time!) The One. And we're stuck with him. For a long time.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/72043-milbury-slams-blysma-and-crosby/page__view__findpost__p__2277366

[/spoiledwingsfan]

We already see that Crosby's a meathead. We're not all bandwagon s***tsburgh fans just because Crosby plays there. I think that's one of the worst parts for me. He was a star before he made his debut, and too many people proclaimed themselves Penguins fans the day he was picked. I don't like the guy because of a hot dog move he made while playing, possibly his last season, in the QMJHL. Don Cherry called it a hot dog move, and it got skewed by everybody east of Ontario that Cherry called Crosby a hot dog. I hope Sid the Squid matures and levels out. As someone said before me, that may happen, but it will take a couple of years for his rep to recover. Having said all that long winded BS, I agree with Cherry, Torts and Milbury.

I'm seeing a lot of irrelevant hate for Crosby here. Yes I remember back in 08 and 09 when we beat him then he beat us, but how does this take away from his skill? He was out forever then came back like nothing happened and put up numbers at the same pace as before his concussion. Sure the media hypes him all the time, but with good reason.

I'm seeing a lot of irrelevant hate for Crosby here. Yes I remember back in 08 and 09 when we beat him then he beat us, but how does this take away from his skill? He was out forever then came back like nothing happened and put up numbers at the same pace as before his concussion. Sure the media hypes him all the time, but with good reason.

Just because he's talented doesn't make him a good role model.

No one is saying he's not a great player. The problem is he is a documented ******-bag. The hate isn't irrelevent. Plenty of other players are/have been great without being complete douches the likes of Crosby. Sakic, Yzerman, Toews, Stamkos, Chara, Iginla, Richards, etc.etc.......Just to name a very few that popped into my head.

Yeah, it's not like most Canadian (and Pittsburgh fans in general) fans are bias:

TSN Poll: Who would you take first overall in your playoff fantasy draft:

Sydney Crosby: 42.6%

Evgeni Malkin: 32.4%

Pavel Datsyuk: 12.1%

Henrik Sedin: 9.3%

Marian Gaborik: 3.4%

23345 Votes

* Pittsburg players bringing in a total 75% if the votes.

Crosby said he's not sure what provoked Milbury's tirade. The 24-year-old former MVP has been limited to 19 games over the last 15 months due to concussions.

"I don't know what he's looking for, if he's looking for attention. I don't know what it is," Crosby said Tuesday before the Penguins' game in Boston. "I really don't know where that came from. He's pretty good at twisting things around, that's for sure."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/04/02/sp-nhl-mike-milbury-sidney-crosby-penguins-flyers.html

Crosby said he's not sure what provoked Milbury's tirade. The 24-year-old former MVP has been limited to 19 games over the last 15 months due to concussions.

"I don't know what he's looking for, if he's looking for attention. I don't know what it is," Crosby said Tuesday before the Penguins' game in Boston. "I really don't know where that came from. He's pretty good at twisting things around, that's for sure."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012/04/02/sp-nhl-mike-milbury-sidney-crosby-penguins-flyers.html

Therein lies Crosby's biggest problem that he still hasn't learned, KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT. If he would keep shut his pie hole, I think people might, and I use the word "might" loosely, have a little more respect for him. He couldn't keep his mouth shut when Pasha and Lids were suspended for not attending the All Star game and now with Milbury and Torts. As far as I'm concerned, he brings it all on himself. Just stop with the drama queen crap and play the game like a man.

Haha WTF? You think because he doesnt play Canadian teams that often we don't hear about him or see him play? Trust me, the Pens don't need to be playing the Canucks for Sid to get exposure here in Canada. I hear what Americans, and fans of American teams are saying about him all the time and you all sound like babies bitching and complaining about a guy who dominates the league. Everybody on both sides of this argument needs to get over this. Yes, he ******* and complains to the refs - but the majority of hockey players do. We are spoiled in Detroit because we have a mature, experienced team, so we get really poopy when we see anyone whining. Crosby's antics are just amplified because everybody, even you haters LOVE to hear about him.

And for the record, if the Pens and Nucks play in the final, everyone outside BC will be cheering for Pittsburgh. Vancouver is one of the most hated teams in Canada.

I didn't even click on the link..it sounds like 5 minutes of my life I would never get back. Every time Milbury opens his mouth he says something stupid...Every time Torts opens his mouth he whines about 50X worse than Crosby..and every time Cherry opens his mouth the CBC covers his ass because they know that Hockey Night in Canada is the only thing that keeps that s***ty broadcasting company alive. The line between being competitive and being a whiner is very marginal but I do know one thing when Crosby is healthy he is the best player on earth...yes even better then our Datsyuk who is by far my favorite player in the world. This games needs stars and like it or not Crosby is as big of a star as our game has..Deal with him..he's not going anywhere !

The problems that I have with Crosby, are not really HIS fault. He doesn't get called for the cheap shots, the diving, and other on ice antics, while it seems like anyone that makes a close play on him gets the shaft. Its goes back to the "its not fair" playground rules.. If a guy keeps calling foul in a backyard basketball game with the slightest contact, you learn not to play with him anymore.. Well looks like lots of people are getting to that point with him.

Has nothing to do with his exceptional skills. But the way he carries himself.

While Milbury and sometimes Cherry are "bone heads", they are simply saying what everyone else is thinking but won't say it because they'll get fined themselves or blasted other members of the media. Milbury and Cherry don't care what other people think, so of course, they'll be the first. Tortorella is pretty outspoken himself and has shown that he doesn't care either. I, unfortunately, have been watching Pens games for years and the crap you hear about or see on YouTube is only the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended). The cheap shots, the sucker punches, the diving, the slashing after a lost faceoff, its all disrespectful to the game and to its players. I'm glad people are finally speaking out against this behavior that has been going on for years.