• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:48 AM

Crosby said he's not sure what provoked Milbury's tirade. The 24-year-old former MVP has been limited to 19 games over the last 15 months due to concussions.

"I don't know what he's looking for, if he's looking for attention. I don't know what it is," Crosby said Tuesday before the Penguins' game in Boston. "I really don't know where that came from. He's pretty good at twisting things around, that's for sure."

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ins-flyers.html

Therein lies Crosby's biggest problem that he still hasn't learned, KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT. If he would keep shut his pie hole, I think people might, and I use the word "might" loosely, have a little more respect for him. He couldn't keep his mouth shut when Pasha and Lids were suspended for not attending the All Star game and now with Milbury and Torts. As far as I'm concerned, he brings it all on himself. Just stop with the drama queen crap and play the game like a man.

#22 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:34 AM

Just stop with the drama queen crap and play the game like a man.

Well to be fair, I'm sure a lot women play hockey without the need for that level/kind of drama. :)

#23 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,601 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Haha WTF? You think because he doesnt play Canadian teams that often we don't hear about him or see him play? Trust me, the Pens don't need to be playing the Canucks for Sid to get exposure here in Canada. I hear what Americans, and fans of American teams are saying about him all the time and you all sound like babies bitching and complaining about a guy who dominates the league. Everybody on both sides of this argument needs to get over this. Yes, he ******* and complains to the refs - but the majority of hockey players do. We are spoiled in Detroit because we have a mature, experienced team, so we get really poopy when we see anyone whining. Crosby's antics are just amplified because everybody, even you haters LOVE to hear about him.

The fact that you guys are all agreeing with some of the biggest bone heads in hockey should tell you something. All Milbury has ever done is ruin the New York Islanders, hit some fan with his shoe, and push around some kid at a minor hockey game. Cherry? The guy is absolutely insane. And Torts? Talk about a guy who needs to STFU and just coach. Take some hints from Babcock on how to be a professional. Talk about a whiner.

And for the record, if the Pens and Nucks play in the final, everyone outside BC will be cheering for Pittsburgh. Vancouver is one of the most hated teams in Canada.

I didn't even click on the link..it sounds like 5 minutes of my life I would never get back. Every time Milbury opens his mouth he says something stupid...Every time Torts opens his mouth he whines about 50X worse than Crosby..and every time Cherry opens his mouth the CBC covers his ass because they know that Hockey Night in Canada is the only thing that keeps that s***ty broadcasting company alive. The line between being competitive and being a whiner is very marginal but I do know one thing when Crosby is healthy he is the best player on earth...yes even better then our Datsyuk who is by far my favorite player in the world. This games needs stars and like it or not Crosby is as big of a star as our game has..Deal with him..he's not going anywhere !

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

LGW after 1 loss is irrational, after a few in a row it becomes quite comical, 22 playoff appearances in a row and 4 cups in that time and still going strong. Relaxxxxx !!

#24 jachred

jachred

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:24 AM

The problems that I have with Crosby, are not really HIS fault. He doesn't get called for the cheap shots, the diving, and other on ice antics, while it seems like anyone that makes a close play on him gets the shaft. Its goes back to the "its not fair" playground rules.. If a guy keeps calling foul in a backyard basketball game with the slightest contact, you learn not to play with him anymore.. Well looks like lots of people are getting to that point with him.

Has nothing to do with his exceptional skills. But the way he carries himself.

#25 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

The fact that you guys are all agreeing with some of the biggest bone heads in hockey should tell you something. All Milbury has ever done is ruin the New York Islanders, hit some fan with his shoe, and push around some kid at a minor hockey game. Cherry? The guy is absolutely insane. And Torts? Talk about a guy who needs to STFU and just coach. Take some hints from Babcock on how to be a professional. Talk about a whiner.

While Milbury and sometimes Cherry are "bone heads", they are simply saying what everyone else is thinking but won't say it because they'll get fined themselves or blasted other members of the media. Milbury and Cherry don't care what other people think, so of course, they'll be the first. Tortorella is pretty outspoken himself and has shown that he doesn't care either. I, unfortunately, have been watching Pens games for years and the crap you hear about or see on YouTube is only the tip of the iceberg (no pun intended). The cheap shots, the sucker punches, the diving, the slashing after a lost faceoff, its all disrespectful to the game and to its players. I'm glad people are finally speaking out against this behavior that has been going on for years.

#26 wolverine1817

wolverine1817

Go Blue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

Therein lies Crosby's biggest problem that he still hasn't learned, KEEP YOUR DAMN MOUTH SHUT. If he would keep shut his pie hole, I think people might, and I use the word "might" loosely, have a little more respect for him. He couldn't keep his mouth shut when Pasha and Lids were suspended for not attending the All Star game and now with Milbury and Torts. As far as I'm concerned, he brings it all on himself. Just stop with the drama queen crap and play the game like a man.

Don't forget when he crosschecked Zetterberg in the face and then whined because of Howard facewashing him "I don't know what he was doing there." (or something like that)

what a *****

#27 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,691 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

I know, Torts is a horrible coach for speaking his mind. Might as well just resign. Nevermind the fact he led Tampa to the Cup in 2004, must've been a coincidence. Babcock is afraid to call his team out, let alone call out other teams' players. Torts has something called passion. He calls it as he sees it, and there aren't nearly enough coaches that speak their mind.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#28 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Now even Burke is piling on to the Pittsburgh hate! (sort of)

#NHL --''Pittsburgh model? My ass! They won a goddamn lottery!' -- #Leafs GM Brian Burke during his presser today

And he'll inevitably be fined.

Edited by edicius, 10 April 2012 - 10:58 AM.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#29 MibJab

MibJab

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

the media doesn't step on the ice and get 37 points in 22 games after being out for 15 months. Who cares that he's a whiny *****. He's a damn good hockey player, and thats all that matters. If he was on our team, we'd love him too. Stamkos can get 60 goals, but look where it got his team, out of the playoffs. Crosby has a cup ring and 2 finals appearances. He's got 609 points in 434 games. Oh yeah, he's 24.

#30 Nev

Nev

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Now even Burke is piling on to the Pittsburgh hate! (sort of)

[/font][/color]

And he'll inevitably be fined.

And that's where you're going wrong Burkie - your Leafs suck, but they don't suck enough to grab all those lottery picks the Pens got themselves through fielding an AHL team for half a decade. 5 straight years they had a top-5 pick (Whitney, Fleury, Malkin, Staal, Crosby).
"If I can be totally honest, it's not a lot of guys you get impressed by. Actually, it's no one else but him. From the bench, to see what move he makes -- you're like, 'I wish I could do that.' Sometimes you sit on the bench and just think, 'wow,' and you look over to the other bench and they sit there and shake their heads, too. He has great, great skills. I'm probably not going to play with another player who has the kind of skills he has." Mikael Samuelsson on Pavel Datsyuk