• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#7 San Jose Sharks vs. #2 St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

This series is gonna something. It reeks of seven games! I can never really tell if a team is for real until they have won, or gone deep in the playoffs. I am very curious to see how the Blues manage the different pressures of the SCP. Game on boys

Guest Tip Back A Few Ginger Ales

The Sharks really wanted to face the Blues. What a comeback last night.

This series will come down to goaltending and the Blues have the better goaltending. Despite their lack of playoff experience, the Blues will take this series in 6.

I was hoping the Sharks would play the Nucks. With the diving and crying those two teams are made for each other. Oh well.

wcf.jpg

The Blues' goalies can win this series for them. If the Blues win they'll come out of the series with confidence. Anything can happen then.

If the Sharks win it'll be by attrition. They'll be pretty well beat up.

Damn, I don't know WHO I want to win.

Edited by MidMichSteve

I hope this series is a seven game war of attrition, with the winner needing life support to get to the second round. If I have to root for a team, it'd be the Blues. Thornton is a bigger ****** than Backes (barely).

Both teams have weaknesses:

San Jose

1. Mediocre goaltending at best.

2. Mediocre offense (17th in regular season).

St. Louis

1. No playoff experience

2. Poor offense (21st).

I'm going with San Jose because I think that the playoff experience is a big factor.

wcf.jpg

The Blues' goalies can win this series for them. If the Blues win they'll come out of the series with confidence. Anything can happen then.

If the Sharks win it'll be by attrition. They'll be pretty well beat up.

Damn, I don't know WHO I want to win.

This, all over the place. I like how the Blues are built, but after the game against them last week, they have a few flop-artists themselves. Also, their incarnation of the bandwagon fan has been pretty bad; not Chicago or Pittsburgh bad, but bad nonetheless. I think something has to be be said for the Sharks having worlds more playoff experience than the young Blues. The Blues are the better team and will definitely have their time, but I have a feeling that drawing this opponent in the first round might have "upset" written all over it.

I completely agree with you, if the Sharks win it will be tooth and nail, leaving them pretty much beat to hell. For this reason alone, I hope the Sharks do win. I like the Blues and hate San Jose with an unbridled passion, but I'd rather have a lower-seed, beat up Sharks team advance than a higher-seed, more talented, confident Blues team who could very well be a Round 2 opponent.

I can see quite a few upsets (a lower seed beating a higher seed) this year. Gonna be interesting. I think SJ will upset St. Louis, and the wings will 'upset' nashville. I also see Chicago upsetting Phx.

So, we'll be playing chi in the 2nd! 2 series without west coast travel, sounds like a stanley cup run to me!

Quite honestly this is the last matchup I wanted to see. The Blues smoked the Sharks and swept the season series 4-0. Hitchcock has them playing fantastic defensive grind you down hockey. Sharks can't kill a penalty to save their lives. It looks to be a low scoring series, especially if the Blues score first. That being said, SJ does have the playoff experience and has been playing playoff hockey for the last two weeks essentially. One thing I know is that the winner of this series will definitely have something taken out of them as this will be a very physical one. Sharks in 7...but that's the homer in me. If I had to put money on it, I'd say Blues in 6.

TL;DR

Heart says Sharks in 7, Mind/Money says Blues in 6

Guest irishock

San Jose in 6. The Blues don't have the experience factor. San Jose does.

Also, the Blues didn't end the season playing their best hockey, winning only 4 of their last 10, while the Sharks have been fighting for positioning, winning 7 of their last 10 against similar opponents. This is going to be a great series, whoever moves forward is going to be in rough shape.