• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#7 San Jose Sharks vs. #2 St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

Sharks in 6 for my personal opinion. I think when it boils down playoff experience is going to pay off big time for SJ. The blues are just too inexperienced and young, when they face adversity, they're lost. San Jose will capitalize when they're down and it will ultimately win them the series. Now, with that being said Elliott / Halak can steal games and they could come out on top. The playoffs are just a whole different beast than season series.

I was hoping for this matchup. Blues and Sharks match up well - series winner will play the preds or wings in the conference final.

It's kind of the lesser of two evils right? I think I would want St. Louis to win...but if the sharks win, the Wings play them and extract revenge. Long physical series would be perfect!!!! If the wings get through, I am rooting sharks all the way

The outcome of this series will depend on how many 5 on 3's the Sharks are gifted and how many power plays they are awarded for highsticking and drawing blood on the Blues players.

The new sharks dive is boarding actually. Anytime they're touched from behind along the boards, they fall to their knees, throw their head back dramatically, then fall to the ice like they've been shot.

It started against the kings with a legitimate boarding, then two or three times after that if you touched a shark player along the boards you could count on him falling into them.

The new sharks dive is boarding actually. Anytime they're touched from behind along the boards, they fall to their knees, throw their head back dramatically, then fall to the ice like they've been shot.

It started against the kings with a legitimate boarding, then two or three times after that if you touched a shark player along the boards you could count on him falling into them.

I noticed that too. I never thought any of the boardings in those games were that bad. I get they are trying to take that play out of the game and protect the players, but they didn't look like the Kings' players were driving through them at all. Even the Richards' hit on Couture, he barely shoved him with his shoulder and Logan goes flying face first into the boards acting like he's dying. Give me a ******* break, you play in the NHL not the NBA. And of course the SJ announcers went ape s***. "I CANT BELIEVE PLAYERS ARE STILL MAKING THESE HITS! THAT SHOULD BE A 5 MINUTE MAJOR!"

Wow, who do I hate more? Considering the following:

San Jose- Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Moore, Clowe

St. Louis- Jackman, Backes

Well... I guess I'm gonna root for the Blues here. I would've liked to see Vancouver and San Jose match up in the first round. That way one of the two would be eliminated right off the bat.

Well, the Blues SHOULD win this series.

They have played better all season long, they have better goaltending and defense (which is what wins in the playoffs), they have home ice advantage where they have been great, and they flat out dominated San Jose during the season....outscoring them 11-3 with two shutouts in going 4-0-0.

With that said...the Blues didn't finish the season strong at all. I'm not sure if they were looking past the last handful of games and to the playoffs, or if they just hit a rough patch, or what.

Turnovers and sloppy play were a big part of their mini-slump to end the season.

Their best game in the last couple weeks was vs. Detroit, the Blues played a great game, but they fell apart in the last 6 minutes and ended up losing in OT. They won their last game of the season vs. Dallas, but they didn't play that well in the victory.

I'm anxious to see how they handle playoff hockey against a team who has a lot of playoff experience.

San Jose hasn't played well this year, but they are capable of playing better.

I fully expect the Blues to tighten up their play. Guys like Arnott, Langenbrunner & McDonald will hopefully make it clear to the younger players what needs to be done. And Hitchcock should have them technically prepared and ready to go.

We'll see if this Blues team has that extra gear to get it done in the playoffs.

It would be nice of the Blues could win this in 5 to cut down on travel and get some rest before round 2.

Would rather see the Blues win this series because I cannot stand the Sharks and I think St. Louis deserves to finally have some playoff success. Unfortunately, this series may come down to how the refs decide to call the games. We all know what kind of d-baggery the Sharks are capable of...