• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#21 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:57 PM

I can see quite a few upsets (a lower seed beating a higher seed) this year. Gonna be interesting. I think SJ will upset St. Louis, and the wings will 'upset' nashville. I also see Chicago upsetting Phx.

So, we'll be playing chi in the 2nd! 2 series without west coast travel, sounds like a stanley cup run to me!
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#22 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Let's Go Blues!!

#23 TheSupafly

TheSupafly

Shark fan extrodinaire

• PipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:06 AM

Quite honestly this is the last matchup I wanted to see. The Blues smoked the Sharks and swept the season series 4-0. Hitchcock has them playing fantastic defensive grind you down hockey. Sharks can't kill a penalty to save their lives. It looks to be a low scoring series, especially if the Blues score first. That being said, SJ does have the playoff experience and has been playing playoff hockey for the last two weeks essentially. One thing I know is that the winner of this series will definitely have something taken out of them as this will be a very physical one. Sharks in 7...but that's the homer in me. If I had to put money on it, I'd say Blues in 6.

TL;DR
Heart says Sharks in 7, Mind/Money says Blues in 6

#24 irishock

irishock

Into the sunset

• Silver Booster
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:23 AM

San Jose in 6. The Blues don't have the experience factor. San Jose does.

bringit.jpg

#25 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

Also, the Blues didn't end the season playing their best hockey, winning only 4 of their last 10, while the Sharks have been fighting for positioning, winning 7 of their last 10 against similar opponents. This is going to be a great series, whoever moves forward is going to be in rough shape.

#26 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

Sharks in 6 for my personal opinion. I think when it boils down playoff experience is going to pay off big time for SJ. The blues are just too inexperienced and young, when they face adversity, they're lost. San Jose will capitalize when they're down and it will ultimately win them the series. Now, with that being said Elliott / Halak can steal games and they could come out on top. The playoffs are just a whole different beast than season series.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#27 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

I was hoping for this matchup. Blues and Sharks match up well - series winner will play the preds or wings in the conference final.

It's kind of the lesser of two evils right? I think I would want St. Louis to win...but if the sharks win, the Wings play them and extract revenge. Long physical series would be perfect!!!! If the wings get through, I am rooting sharks all the way
Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#28 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

I'm just hoping this goes 7 games. Make those teams fly back and forth across the country a few times. It won't matter who wins after that because it won't be either one of them that wins the next round.

#29 WingsFanInBeanLand

WingsFanInBeanLand

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:54 AM

The outcome of this series will depend on how many 5 on 3's the Sharks are gifted and how many power plays they are awarded for highsticking and drawing blood on the Blues players.

#30 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,874 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

The outcome of this series will depend on how many 5 on 3's the Sharks are gifted and how many power plays they are awarded for highsticking and drawing blood on the Blues players.

The new sharks dive is boarding actually. Anytime they're touched from behind along the boards, they fall to their knees, throw their head back dramatically, then fall to the ice like they've been shot.

It started against the kings with a legitimate boarding, then two or three times after that if you touched a shark player along the boards you could count on him falling into them.

#31 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Ironically, the last time St. Louis won the President's Trophy, their goalies won the Jennings Trophy and were also matched up against the #8 Sharks. And everyone remembers what happened -

Edited by Hockeytown0001, 09 April 2012 - 12:09 PM.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#32 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

The new sharks dive is boarding actually. Anytime they're touched from behind along the boards, they fall to their knees, throw their head back dramatically, then fall to the ice like they've been shot.

It started against the kings with a legitimate boarding, then two or three times after that if you touched a shark player along the boards you could count on him falling into them.

I noticed that too. I never thought any of the boardings in those games were that bad. I get they are trying to take that play out of the game and protect the players, but they didn't look like the Kings' players were driving through them at all. Even the Richards' hit on Couture, he barely shoved him with his shoulder and Logan goes flying face first into the boards acting like he's dying. Give me af****** break, you play in the NHL not the NBA. And of course the SJ announcers went ape s***. "I CANT BELIEVE PLAYERS ARE STILL MAKING THESE HITS! THAT SHOULD BE A 5 MINUTE MAJOR!"

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#33 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:42 PM

Wow, who do I hate more? Considering the following:

San Jose- Thornton, Pavelski, Couture, Moore, Clowe
St. Louis- Jackman, Backes

Well... I guess I'm gonna root for the Blues here. I would've liked to see Vancouver and San Jose match up in the first round. That way one of the two would be eliminated right off the bat.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#34 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:13 PM

I'm counting on the Blues to win this.

#35 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

I hope Backes punks Thornton out big time. f*** Joe Thornton.

#36 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:36 PM

Where's the thread for Nucks/Kings? I was trying to make a prediction and realized there wasn't a thread lol.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 09 April 2012 - 07:49 PM.

"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#37 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,692 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

would be nice if blue won. id like to see this:

Van (1)
Blues (2)
Wings (5)
Chi(6)

Out of all the teams to come out of the match ups I still think that the wings match up better against the blues than chicago or vancouver or san jose.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#38 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

Where's the thread for Nucks/Kings? I was trying to make a prediction and realized there wasn't a thread lol.

Up and running!

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#39 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

Well, the Blues SHOULD win this series.
They have played better all season long, they have better goaltending and defense (which is what wins in the playoffs), they have home ice advantage where they have been great, and they flat out dominated San Jose during the season....outscoring them 11-3 with two shutouts in going 4-0-0.

With that said...the Blues didn't finish the season strong at all. I'm not sure if they were looking past the last handful of games and to the playoffs, or if they just hit a rough patch, or what.
Turnovers and sloppy play were a big part of their mini-slump to end the season.
Their best game in the last couple weeks was vs. Detroit, the Blues played a great game, but they fell apart in the last 6 minutes and ended up losing in OT. They won their last game of the season vs. Dallas, but they didn't play that well in the victory.

I'm anxious to see how they handle playoff hockey against a team who has a lot of playoff experience.

San Jose hasn't played well this year, but they are capable of playing better.

I fully expect the Blues to tighten up their play. Guys like Arnott, Langenbrunner & McDonald will hopefully make it clear to the younger players what needs to be done. And Hitchcock should have them technically prepared and ready to go.

We'll see if this Blues team has that extra gear to get it done in the playoffs.

It would be nice of the Blues could win this in 5 to cut down on travel and get some rest before round 2.

#40 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Would rather see the Blues win this series because I cannot stand the Sharks and I think St. Louis deserves to finally have some playoff success. Unfortunately, this series may come down to how the refs decide to call the games. We all know what kind of d-baggery the Sharks are capable of...