• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#7 San Jose Sharks vs. #2 St. Louis Blues

Rate this topic

Sharks absolutely got destroyed last night. Highlight reel was very enjoyable. Still hopes this goes to 7 games and is very physical. Hopefully both of these teams will be out by the end of the 2nd round.

Edited by syntax

1334467422[/url]' post='2286569']

Part of the brawl may have been due to the Sharks being frustrated...but part of it was definitely because the Blues were pretty pissed.

San Jose had taken some liberties during the game. A couple plays (hit to the head on McDonald and elbow to Nichol) should be reviewed by Shanahan...but nothing will come of them because the whole system is messed up.

I think the Blues were tired of it and with the game over, decided to send a message.

I was happy to see that. St. Louis kept the retaliations to a minimum during the game and then took care of business when the game was over.

Either way...just very happy the series is even now.

Oh yeah, it was definitely the blues responding to the sharks attempts at being tough. as for the hits, I'm not sure which one it was, but Drew Remeda was absolutely livid that it was a penalty, when everyone I was watching it with cringed.

No Halak tomorrow.

I'm glad Elliott is in. Not that I wanted Halak to get hurt, but I wanted Elliott to start the series.

Elliott has been better than Halak on the road anyway this year.

I'm glad Elliott is in. Not that I wanted Halak to get hurt, but I wanted Elliott to start the series.

Elliott has been better than Halak on the road anyway this year.

this is true. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to the playoff pressure. He was great in game 2, but coming off the bench might be easier for the nerves than starting.

He didn't have the best numbers for Ottawa in the playoffs in 09-10.

this is true. It will be interesting to see how he reacts to the playoff pressure. He was great in game 2, but coming off the bench might be easier for the nerves than starting.

He didn't have the best numbers for Ottawa in the playoffs in 09-10.

Elliott looked good last night. San Jose got a couple late ones with the Blues being a bit lax with the game in hand and their goalie pulled.

Elliott isn't the same goalie he was back in '09-'10. Hard to compare that year to this one.

How is Burns not suspended for at least one game for the elbow to the head last game?

Great question. It wasn't even reviewed.

I can see it now. Blues fans never shut up about how they beat the Sharks when the Red Wings couldn't twice. At least until they win the Cup and are the best team ever

Although this Sharks team is the weakest in years, and the Wings ran up against them when they were at their peak.

Although this Sharks team is the weakest in years, and the Wings ran up against them when they were at their peak.

This Sharks team isn't the weakest in years. They just stumbled without Havlat in the regular season.

I still expect them to take the Blues.

Guest irishock

Hate the Blues but I want SJ to lose badly.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing their s***ty small market franchise filled with bandwagon fans lose year in and year out.

Edited by irishock