160 replies to this topic

#141 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

I doubt it, but Clowe would be some addition. :thumbup:

Gotta wonder if Todd is done in SJ now, 3 years no cups. This year they really took a step backwards as well.

I only say this because they are the one team holland hasn't traded with and both teams struggle but have solid players.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#142 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,518 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

I doubt it, but Clowe would be some addition. :thumbup:

Gotta wonder if Todd is done in SJ now, 3 years no cups. This year they really took a step backwards as well.

Clowe would be such a welcome addition. He brings everything the Red Wings don't have enough of currently. Obviously still need that goal-scorer like Parise, but Clowe's size, physical play and chippy demeanor would be a real different look from what we usually see.

Parise - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Filppula - Z - Clowe

It won't happen like you said, but I would be stoked with that top-six.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#143 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,961 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Sharks now potential trading partners???

Douglas Murray please.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#144 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

Clowe would be such a welcome addition. He brings everything the Red Wings don't have enough of currently. Obviously still need that goal-scorer like Parise, but Clowe's size, physical play and chippy demeanor would be a real different look from what we usually see.

Parise - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Filppula - Z - Clowe

It won't happen like you said, but I would be stoked with that top-six.

Clowe is exactly the type of player Z and Fil need on their line to create space too. And then the top line, Datsyuk having two high end talents that both hustle every shift? Blasphemy! That will never happen :hehe:

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 21 April 2012 - 10:16 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#145 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:16 PM

I highly doubt we make any trades with the Sharks anytime soon. Stop smoking the funny stuff and posting people. Thanks. :P

#146 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:25 PM

I highly doubt we make any trades with the Sharks anytime soon. Stop smoking the funny stuff and posting people. Thanks. :P

It's fun to dream :ph34r:

#NOMOREKINDL

#147 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:30 PM

I only say this because they are the one team holland hasn't traded with and both teams struggle but have solid players.

Missed this but Kenny isn't trading with Doug as long as he's the Detroit Red Wings GM. Sorry.

#148 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

Missed this but Kenny isn't trading with Doug as long as he's the Detroit Red Wings GM. Sorry.

This was made clear in the past but with both teams struggling who knows... like I said, both teams have assets.

#149 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:54 PM

If being "REALISTIC" after getting bounced by a better team Nashville

which was a hard concept for most Red Wings fans going into the playoffs...not meaning you dirtydangles

But ok yeah I would love to have a player like Clowe. Something we lack, sure. What are our assets to deal without giving up the farm? I'm curious.

#150 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

At least the Blues fans aren't ****** bags like the inbred Preds fans.

Actually the young male ones are the biggest pieces of s*** I've ever met. Same goes for their girlfriends that think Oshie is the best player ever
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#151 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,961 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:00 PM

Actually the young male ones are the biggest pieces of s*** I've ever met. Same goes for their girlfriends that think Oshie is the best player ever

I've met more annoying Blues fans than most people here have.

I can't imagine how they'll act if they actually win something.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#152 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Good win for the Blues.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#153 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:05 PM

If being "REALISTIC" after getting bounced by a better team Nashville

which was a hard concept for most Red Wings fans going into the playoffs...not meaning you dirtydangles

But ok yeah I would love to have a player like Clowe. Something we lack, sure. What are our assets to deal without giving up the farm? I'm curious.

Fil, Abby and even Franzen hold value. Of course we have a cupboard full of prospects too but I'm not necessarily talking Clowe, that was brought up by someone else, but I agree he would be a good fit.

#154 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

You should see the Facebook statuses of Blues fans that literally hate me for no reason (well, except that I'm a Detroit fan and I've never had any actual meeting with them in my life). They are very colorful in their words and make sure I know they hate St Louis. I only see them when people tell me though because I'm not even friends with them.

God their fanbase is awful
Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#155 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 03:38 AM

Babcock out in round 1
McLelland out in round 1
Paul McLean's team still playing ... who would have thunk.

So I guess it's all about the mustache.

Babs' hair no longer has its magic.

And Todd... Doesn't really have a defining feature on his face/head. Maybe that's his problem.

#156 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,680 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

I guess I was referring more to the fans in the stands. Preds fans were shouting "Detroit Sucks" during the hand shake and I didn't hear any of that when the Sharks lost.

#157 Grateful Gadsby

Grateful Gadsby

Rookie

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

^This.

I had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for several years, and Blues fans are the worst of ANY team in ANY NHL city. Yes, there is a small core of loyal, passionate, knowledgeable Blues fans. These people are the minority. The vast majority is comprised of the whiniest mob of mulleted morons you will ever have the misfortune to encounter. Among this crowd, whether the Blues ever win a game -- let alone a Stanley Cup -- is irrelevant: as long as the other team leaves the ice on stretchers, they are happy. Slugs like Reed Low (the guy could barely skate) are worshipped like gods in St. Louis as long as they punch somebody. The rest of their time is spent obsessing over the lack of "attention" and "respect" shown the Blues by the national media and fans of other teams -- despite the obvious fact (well, obvious to the rest of the world, anyway) that the Blues have never achieved a freaking thing in their 40+ year history. The best thing that could happen to the franchise would be a relocation to a real city.

#158 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Fil, Abby and even Franzen hold value. Of course we have a cupboard full of prospects too but I'm not necessarily talking Clowe, that was brought up by someone else, but I agree he would be a good fit.

You really think Wilson or the Sharks would want them?

#159 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

See St. Louis 2006 and 2011 when the Cardinals won the WS recently. Imagine that, with a lot more emotion & excitement since it would be our first Cup.

St. Louis has always been well behaved when winning championships. But if/when the Blues win a cup, it will be the first one, so a bunch of long time die-hard Blues hockey fans will obviously be pretty damn excited...so you never know what will happen.

If it ever happens, and it happens at home...I've heard some loud crowds in my day, but the roof would be blown off Scottrade for sure.

#160 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:18 AM

^This.

I had the misfortune of living in St. Louis for several years, and Blues fans are the worst of ANY team in ANY NHL city. Yes, there is a small core of loyal, passionate, knowledgeable Blues fans. These people are the minority. The vast majority is comprised of the whiniest mob of mulleted morons you will ever have the misfortune to encounter. Among this crowd, whether the Blues ever win a game -- let alone a Stanley Cup -- is irrelevant: as long as the other team leaves the ice on stretchers, they are happy. Slugs like Reed Low (the guy could barely skate) are worshipped like gods in St. Louis as long as they punch somebody. The rest of their time is spent obsessing over the lack of "attention" and "respect" shown the Blues by the national media and fans of other teams -- despite the obvious fact (well, obvious to the rest of the world, anyway) that the Blues have never achieved a freaking thing in their 40+ year history. The best thing that could happen to the franchise would be a relocation to a real city.

I've been to several Blues/Wings games in St. Louis....there are always plenty of Wings fans there to make me feel "safe".

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman