• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

Wings recall Chris Conner

Rate this topic

I don't know why Smith isn't starting over Kindl. And don't give me that "experience" crap, Smith is better and that's all there is to it. Would you rather he waits till next season for his first taste of playoff hockey?

Interesting move, indeed... I'd love to see Emmerton replaced on the 4th line with someone with speed and tenacity. You know, someone we may notice out there for something other than "Who blew that coverage? Ohhhh....". For only seeing 5 minutes of ice per night, we sure is on for a lot of opposition goals.

Give the kid a chance, he's learning, Babcock doesn't keep bad players.

Hahahahaha.... thanks for that. I almost peed myself :D

I don't know why Smith isn't starting over Kindl. And don't give me that "experience" crap, Smith is better and that's all there is to it. Would you rather he waits till next season for his first taste of playoff hockey?

Not sure why Smith and other Black Aces haven't been brought up yet. I know that the AHL season isn't over quite yet, but the Griffins aren't going to make the playoffs, so it matters little, but I suppose if they aren't going to be thrown in immediately, might as well let them finish the season with their teammates and join the Wings later. I think we should definitely be seeing Smith in the depth chart ahead of Kindl.

Even then, we may not see much of him, given Ericsson's strong play of late. Honestly, the most irritating defenseman to watch the past two months or so (besides Kindl) has been White. I wouldn't mind replacing him at Lidstrom's side with Smith, but I know Babcock would never do it.

Conner in my opinion is a smaller Helm. he flies on the ice, agitates opponents, and goes way too fast for his own hands at the goal.

stick him in the phone booth with Pavel and teach him control.

i like the call up!

replace Emmerton.

somebody anger Franzen. tell him Rinne kicked his puppy.

GO WINGS!

http://features.rr.com/article/0f5QeXC1Pdcb8?q=Denver

i cant find the free press or mlive versions but earlier in the season the Conner Helm Cleary line was insane. Babcock said himself that they could match any line in the league and give them a run for their money. Helmer will hopefully be back by game 2 and we'll see that 3rd line together.

This is an outstanding move. Reunite him with helm and cleary!!!!!!

Connor-Helm-Cleary

Miller-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Probably the most energetic bottom 6 we could throw together, guys like Cleary and Miller would have to up the physicality for the lines to be effective though.

Put Conner in for Emmerton? So, replace a Centreman with a Winger? blink.gif

Conner should have been playing instead of Cleary? crazy.gif

Seriously guys, leave the managing and coaching to the people who get paid to do it. If Holland and Babcock listened to this board the Wings would be the Blue Jackets.

Put Conner in for Emmerton? So, replace a Centreman with a Winger? blink.gif

Conner should have been playing instead of Cleary? crazy.gif

Seriously guys, leave the managing and coaching to the people who get paid to do it. If Holland and Babcock listened to this board the Wings would be the Blue Jackets.

I believe most were speaking of when Helm returns, which is projected to be Game 2. That would see Abdelkader sliding down to center the 4th line, as one of the above posters showed. Even so, other than taking draws and defending, its hardly inconceivable for a winger to slide to center, especially given the fact that Emmerton plays like an empty sweater, gets caught watching the play in his own zone, and only takes an average of around 3 faceoffs per game.

That said, bringing in Conner is hardly the panacea. I think he'll provide good energy, but should do so on the 4th line. In a perfect world, we would be able to reunite Miller-Helm-Abdelkader, but I do think we need a legit center on all lines (not Emmerton):

Miller-Helm-Cleary

Conner-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

I believe most were speaking of when Helm returns, which is projected to be Game 2. That would see Abdelkader sliding down to center the 4th line, as one of the above posters showed. Even so, other than taking draws and defending, its hardly inconceivable for a winger to slide to center, especially given the fact that Emmerton plays like an empty sweater, gets caught watching the play in his own zone, and only takes an average of around 3 faceoffs per game.

That said, bringing in Conner is hardly the panacea. I think he'll provide good energy, but should do so on the 4th line. In a perfect world, we would be able to reunite Miller-Helm-Abdelkader, but I do think we need a legit center on all lines (not Emmerton):

Miller-Helm-Cleary

Conner-Abdelkader-Holmstrom

Emmerton takes almost as many face-offs as Filppula. But playing Centre is much more than just taking the face-off and if he was an 'empty sweater' as you say he is, I'm sure Babcock and co. would have noticed it by now. Having said that, if Eaves and Helm weren't injured Emmerton wouldn't be in the lineup. Miller, Helm, Cleary, Abdelkader, Eaves, and Homer as the bottom 6 is not bad, I guess. Stupid salary cap ranting.gif