• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
55fan

Playoff Beards and Bracelets

Rate this topic

It's playoff time, and that means traditions.

Are you planning on growing a playoff beard? Wearing playoff bracelets?

Here's the place to share your stories and pics.

There are many variations and superstitions. Let's hear yours!

Do you shave after the last game of the regular season, or the night before the first game?

Is trimming the beard allowed?

Do you decorate your bracelets beyond the standard "red=win white=loss"?

Have you done either of both of these before?

Now is the time! This is the place!

Personally, I'm doing the bracelets again. I'm sticking with the beads (initials of each player for each goal scored and the goalie if the other team fails to get by him).

I want another year like 2008:

IMG_0641.jpg

I'm excited for the playoffs. GO WINgs!

going with the beard again this year!

I shaved on Sunday Morning(last regular season game) and don't plan on touching a razor or trimmer until it's all over.

Hopefully i will be rocking a cave man style crazy red beard ;)

Edited by bakerbert

Going with the beard again, but I'm gonna do it a little different this year to see if I get better results. I normally have a goatee year-round, and just stop shaving the rest during the playoffs, this time I'm gonna shave clean on Tuesday and not shave again until mid-June :champs:

i go with a series long beard. shaved on sunday morning before the game, and will not shave until round 1 is over.

i would go with the playoff long beard, but after trying it in the past i ended up looking like a fool.

LGW. already shaking out of nerves for the upcoming series..

Not sure I can handle another playoff beard. You know how hot it gets in Texas by June? Last time I did it was 09....and that didn't end so well. For the Wings or the beard. I begrudgingly shaved it off minutes after the horn sounded in game 7.

Growing a beard... but I'm not starting from scratch.

380776_2456265840712_1074079111_32665186_379798947_n.jpg

EDIT: We are also undefeated in playoff games where I get White Castle before the game or during intermissions.

Edited by SoupSnake

No beard for me, sorry. I can grow facial hair faster than a gorilla, but I just don't like it, itches. If I don't shave for 3-4 days I get close to having a decent grown out beard already. I used to grow goatees off and on but I probably haven't grown one of those for over a year now.

*party ruiner*

I applaud you all for putting up with the pain and itching and scratching.

didnt know when to shave so i shaved after the last regular season game. sounded good to me. no trimming this year. dont care if the gf likes it or not. will stay as long as the wings play

hopefully i can actually grow a decent one this year

Edited by brett

I have a big job interview on Wednesday so I plan on shaving that morning and not touching a razor or anything until mid June! Don't have the crafting skills to do a bracelet or necklace.

And I have made a wager with a friend that if the Red Wings win it all, I am getting a tatoo Red Wings related with all the years they have won the stanley cup on it!

Let's Go Wings!!!! My beard and myself have faith!