• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NBCnothingbutcrosby

Dan Cleary openly admits to being at 50%

Rate this topic

I have always thought Cleary was a good grinder, I'm just concerned that he won't be able to keep pace and the preds will skate circles around him that's all.

Babcock said he hasn't decided on Cleary being in the lineup tonight yet. If Cleary's out, it's either Goose or Emmerton in his spot.

https://twitter.com/#!/DetroitRedWings/status/190126295479361537

Babcock said he still hasn't made a decision on Cleary. Says Sheahan, Mursak and Conner will be healthy scratches.

https://twitter.com/#!/AnsarKhanMLive/status/190126572517330944

Babcock said Conner, mursak and sheahan out up front. Hasn't decided between Nyquist and emmerton.

Babcock said he hasn't decided on Cleary being in the lineup tonight yet. If Cleary's out, it's either Goose or Emmerton in his spot.

Just saw that as well. I hope if Cleary is out he puts Nyquist in.

This guy should be out on IR 30 games ago to get fixed! Cleary is completely ineffective while playing on one leg, and hes gonna get steamrolled in his condition in the playoffs, despite his never say die attitude. He aint no Stevie Y!

that's exactly what i was thinking. for Cleary, why the hell didn't he get his knee fixed when it first started bugging him? he's been terrible this season cause he's always injured. if we can go without Dats for a month to get his knee fixed, we can go without Cleary for however long he needs. i think it's irresponsible on both parts, Cleary and the Wings med staff to even let the guy lace up the skates with the problems he has. and he's for damn sure no Stevie Y! he doesn't win a conn smythe on 1 leg, he helps the Wings get knocked out in the 2nd round again because they don't ice "the best Wings team possible"

there's actually a decision to be made between Emmerton and Nyquist? :rotflmao:

Guest Crymson

that's exactly what i was thinking. for Cleary, why the hell didn't he get his knee fixed when it first started bugging him? he's been terrible this season cause he's always injured. if we can go without Dats for a month to get his knee fixed, we can go without Cleary for however long he needs. i think it's irresponsible on both parts, Cleary and the Wings med staff to even let the guy lace up the skates with the problems he has. and he's for damn sure no Stevie Y! he doesn't win a conn smythe on 1 leg, he helps the Wings get knocked out in the 2nd round again because they don't ice "the best Wings team possible"

This assumes that Cleary wasn't asked to continue playing.

Finally Babcock is looking into making a sound decision by keeping Nyquist in and Cleary out

You'd be best off simply pressing charges against Cleary for whatever it is that he did to you.

I thought earlier in the season he had mentioned possibly getting it fixed in time to be ready for the playoffs. But it was also around the time that the Wings players were dropping like flies so maybe they decided against it.

Cleary at 50% is still better than Emmerton at 100%. And if Babcock and company thought he was too big of a detriment out there, they would've benched him and he could've gotten the surgery. It's not like Cleary strongarmed them into this or made this decision alone.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120411/SPORTS0103/204110425/1128/rss16

Didn't see this posted yet in this thread. Focuses on Helm's return and whether or not Babcock will play Nyquist or Emmerton (should be a no-brainer, but few things are these days <_<). However, there is a bit about Cleary that says he is healthy enough to play. According to Babcock, he talked to Cleary about his 50% comments and Cleary told him he is good to go.

Not sure what to think, since what he basically says is "I told Cleary if he was 50% he wouldn't be playing, and he told me he was OK now".

"'Tis but a scratch... I've had worse... I'M INVINCIBLE!"

Yeah.

"If he were 50 percent (which Cleary implied earlier in the week) he wouldn't be playing," Babcock said. "We sat down and talked about that specifically. I said we have a lot of guys on deck ready to go and we need people who are ready to go. He assured me he was ready to go, so there's no issue there."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120411/SPORTS0103/204110425#ixzz1rlTkZcdc

Of course Cleary will say he's ready to go. He's just being selfish and he's not looking out for the team's best interests right NBC?

Yeah.

Of course Cleary will say he's ready to go. He's just being selfish and he's not looking out for the team's best interests right NBC?

Honestly I would prefer cleary for THIS game. We'll see about other games but it makes sense to have our regulars in for familiarity and see how it goes. If cleary is s*** then he likely won't be in the next game.

Honestly I would prefer cleary for THIS game. We'll see about other games but it makes sense to have our regulars in for familiarity and see how it goes. If cleary is s*** then he likely won't be in the next game.

Agreed. One thing about Danny Cleary is that injured or not, he's not afraid of anybody. He'll go into corners, block shots, do whatever. You need that in the playoffs, even if it's only to set the tone for the other guys in the first game.

Anyone else realize this is the only topic this guy posts about right?? Your persistence has paid off, Cleary's knee has finally made him the type of player you thought he was like 2 years ago. Congrats?

what a dick lol. #knockinonwood

Where was the player we've seen the last 2 games all season? Glad to have him playing great (especially with how much pain hes in). he prolly wasnt taking as much pain killing injections during the reg season so he didnt build up a tolerence before playoffs.

Also hes been playing with a bigger chip on his shoulder. hope he keeps up his solid play.

Shocking Nothing But Cleary hasn't returned to the thread.

Cleary has been very strong the first two games. Killing penalties, skating better, going into the tough areas and winning battles, playing physical. Everything that has made and continues to make Cleary a valuable piece of the Red Wings.

Cleary always ramps it up for the playoffs, even more impressive on one knee this run. Cleary is a warrior and plays his heart out every shift. If you are going to rip him non-stop, at least have the courage to come back and give him praise when it is deserved.

A conversation Friday morning with Danny Cleary brought to mind a memorable movie scene from that cult classic "Caddyshack."

"Do you take drugs, Danny?" asks Ty Webb, Chevy Chase's character.

"Every day," replies Danny Noonan, played by a shaggy-haired Michael O'Keefe.

"Good," Webb says. "So, what's the problem?"

article

laugh.gif Love it. Keep it up Danny boy

He's a -1 and has 0 points and you all want to anoint him the savior? lmao a lot of guys can crash, bang and skate... let me know when he actually does something.

Hyperbolic reply and somewhat defensive by digging for his stat line. He's on the 3rd line and you want him to be shelling out points. Just neglect to realize he's been playing through pain and has been playing excellent on the pk against the league's best pp. Wouldn't want any of that from you. Hey, aside from Cleary hate what else do ya got for this site?