• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Ex-Wing Watch Thread

Rate this topic

Was thinking earlier about what active and retired ex-Wings have been doing. So, what are some former Wings up to? How are the active ex-Wings playing? Let this serve the same purpose as any other watch thread, but covering a wider range of players. I'll start it off:

Matt Ellis- 8 points in 60 games for the Sabres, primarily playing on the 4th line.

Ville Leino- A major disappointment for the Sabres this year. 25 points in 71 games. Got that huge contract, and hasn't lived up to it.

Mikael Samuelsson- 31 points in 54 games for the surprising Florida Panthers.

Tomas Kopecky- 32 points in 80 games for Florda.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Brett Lebda

Columbus Blue Jackets

30 GP 1+3=4 PTS 14 PIM -1

Derek Meech

Winnipeg Jets

2 GP 0 PTS 4 PIM +1

St. John's IceCaps (AHL)

4 GP 0+1=1 PTS 0 PIM -1

Ilari Filppula

Jokerit (SM-Liiga, Finland)

44 GP 10+21=31 PTS

Manny Legace

San Antonio Rampage (AHL)

1 GP 3.00 GAA 0.875 SV%

Springfield Falcons (AHL)

34 GP 2.75 GAA 0.906 SV% 13 W

Mark Hartigan

Linkoping HC (Elitserien, Sweden)

23 GP 5+3=8 PTS 20 PIM -3

All stats are from 2011-12.

"Michael Sammuelson should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell, You want a cookie?"

Mikael.

Marian Hossa - 29G, 48A, 77pts in 81GP this season.

Meanwhile: Johan Franzen - 29G, 27A, 56pts in 77GP this season. Franzen usually shows up in the playoffs though, so I guess we'll see yet again what was the better choice.

It was not a choice since their salaries are different.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Ville Leino- A major disappointment for the Sabres this year. 25 points in 71 games. Got that huge contract, and hasn't lived up to it.

Mikael Samuelsson- 31 points in 54 games for the surprising Florida Panthers.

Tomas Kopecky- 32 points in 80 games for Florda.

Is anyone really surprised Leino didn't live up to that contract? We'll see what happens next year but this season was a return to a more expected production from him, with 2011 in Philly looking like an aberration. Well, I guess he's got 5 more years to work it out. :P

Sammy put up respectable numbers despite playing half the season. I haven't seen him play much for the Panthers but it seems like a good pickup by them. I'm sure he's irritating opponents and firing the puck at the net every time it touches his stick, which isn't always a bad thing.

As for Kopecky, as I've said before, I don't know what that guy did to get the hockey gods to shine on him so brightly. It's like he saved Gordie Howe and Wayne Gretzky from getting hit by a bus or something. He's got better hockey karma than any player I've seen. He's nothing special but keeps falling into great situations.

His numbers fell off a little but are still better than I expected. Though the puck still ends up in his own net way too often when he's on the ice, finishing yet again as a minus player, with a career -27 in 6 seasons. His only plus season is 08 in Detroit, and that team was awesome defensively.

To put it in perspective, as much as Cleary has had an off season, he put up similar points to Kopecky in fewer games (on one knee), is better defensively and costs 200k less.

Brett Lebda

Columbus Blue Jackets

30 GP 1+3=4 PTS 14 PIM -1

Derek Meech

Winnipeg Jets

2 GP 0 PTS 4 PIM +1

St. John's IceCaps (AHL)

4 GP 0+1=1 PTS 0 PIM -1

Ilari Filppula

Jokerit (SM-Liiga, Finland)

44 GP 10+21=31 PTS

Manny Legace

San Antonio Rampage (AHL)

1 GP 3.00 GAA 0.875 SV%

Springfield Falcons (AHL)

34 GP 2.75 GAA 0.906 SV% 13 W

Mark Hartigan

Linkoping HC (Elitserien, Sweden)

23 GP 5+3=8 PTS 20 PIM -3

All stats are from 2011-12.

I think the intention was for those that will be competing in this year's Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Marian Hossa - 29G, 48A, 77pts in 81GP this season.

Meanwhile: Johan Franzen - 29G, 27A, 56pts in 77GP this season. Franzen usually shows up in the playoffs though, so I guess we'll see yet again what was the better choice.

I think we all know who the better choice was.....

Hossa WAY better than Franzen and Hudler combined.....

Guest Crymson

I think we all know who the better choice was.....

Hossa WAY better than Franzen and Hudler combined.....

I realize that Hossa may very well have been a better investment than Franzen, but your claim is rich with your usual hyperbole on the matter.

Marian Hossa: 29G, 48A

Johan Franzen: 29G, 27A

Jiri Hudler: 25G, 25A.

When Hossa racks up "WAY" more (I'm not sure of what your definition of this would be) than 54G and 52A in a season, then your point might have merit for that season. But as things stand, you're very much exaggerating.