• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

#8 Los Angeles Kings vs. #1 Vancouver Canucks

Rate this topic

Schneider next game?

I didn't see the game tonight, just the highlights. But honestly the first game Luongo let in an awful goal, then had huge saves the rest of the night.

Though based only on the highlights tonight a few of the Kings goals looked like Luongo made his initial flop but then was in no position to make a second save.

Schneider next game?

I think, psychologically, starting Schneider may be the only way to swing momentum in this series. I mean, what do you do if you’re Vancouver? This is not a knock against Luongo or the Canucks (although I hate them) but I just can’t visualize any scenario working for them other than Schneider stealing game 3 in LA and getting in LA’s head a bit.

If there's another buyout round with the new CBA, it'll be interesting to see what the Nucks do with Luongo. It's not that he's bad, but he's definitely not worth his contract. And short of winning the Cup this year, he's kind of damaged goods in Vancouver. It may be one of those situations where a player just needs to start over somewhere.

Guest irishock

Vancouver might just hold another riot if they lose in the first round. And then it'd become their tradition.

Wings tradition: winning cups and the octopus

Nucks tradition: choking playoffs and flipping over flaming cars

Besides the Pens losing 2 at home, this one brings the next biggest smile to my face :D

How's that Presidents trophy working for you now? Sorry it doesn't get you the cup you actually have to play instead of diving the whole game.

If anything, the past few seasons have taught us that this and all 2-0 series are far from over but this is a definite shocker. Totally uninspired hockey from a team that needed to come out like gangbusters. Here is hoping the Kings can get it done.

Kesler, Sedin and Burrows with all there diving and whining and embellishing just cant win this time. Mike Richards and Dustin Brown are smashing these guys every play, playing the game the way it should be played. The funny thing is, everyone keeps saying "Start Schnieder in Game 3!" When it hasn't been Luongo's fault at all, it's been all on the forwards and defense having no answer for the Kings players. With rumors surfacing this morning that Daniel Sedin will be out for the series, I think Kings in 5 isn't a stretch at all. Quick can steal games by himself, and the Canucks are all outta sorts now that there diving to get PP's is turning into SHG's against, looks good on em :lol:

Guest Crymson

They've at least been humbled enough that some of them are admitting that Kesler and Sedin's diving is embarrassing.

Burrows, Kesler, and the Sedins are the top four forwards on that team, and they are all consummate divers. As a result, I find the Canucks impossible to respect.

Edited by Crymson

Burrows, Kesler, and the Sedins are the top four forwards on that team, and they are all consummate divers. As a result, I find the Canucks impossible to respect.

Agreed.

Burrows is an all-around Grade A d-bag, but I could actually like or at least be indifferent to the Sedins and Kesler if they weren't such flop artists. And whiners. Kesler especially. His whining to the refs is pathetic.